Hair

So I find on every cruise my hair ends up getting frizzy and full of static even though I use the same shampoo and conditioner and blow dryer and flat iron that I use at home.

Anyone have any tips to help tame my hair? I know the frizz has to be because of the sea air and the water I'm showering with.

The frizz and static is a result of your hair being dry. There are expensive oil based products that are intended to help defrizz your hair...in practice, it's almost like putting lotion or other moisturizer onto your skin...except that it's your hair. But I've read about people using oils that are more typically found in your kitchen...olive oils and coconut oils. The trick is to find the right kind of moisturizer for YOUR hair, but that's what you need. Something to add moisture to your hair.

The ship's water is VERY, VERY soft...little or no minerals in it, so it can take a lot of time to rinse the shampoo. Use less shampoo than you would use at home...a dab will lather and lather....

And, go easy on the blow-drying!

I find the humidity at sea keeps my hair from being staticy!

I've used Sebastian Potion #9 wearable hair treatment for many years. It really helps keep the frizz away when on cruises. I also have fine hair, and this doesn't weigh it down like a leave in conditioner (I can't use those!). There is a generic version at Sally Beauty Supply (if you have those near where you live) that is a fraction the cost of the original and works identically.