Upgraded cabin and they lost my cabana reserv!

Looking for words of advise from anyone who may have dealt with a similar situation. Today, while processing my request for an upgrade from a B1 to D4 balcony on upcoming Allure cruise, my cabana on Nellie's beach disappeared from the reservation. Since I booked thru my TA, she is dealing with someone who says a "supervisor" is working on it and they'll get back with us in 72 hours to report if they reinstated the cabana reservation or not. So while I wait word from RC, does this sound right to anyone? Initially, they had also cancelled all my show reservations but they were able to go in and restore those in total. I wouldn't have bothered with the upgrade, had I known it would affect the cabana....just looking to see how hard I should push this IF they come back and say "sorry, no cabana"....thanks for any help!

I have always considered the Cabanas to be the biggest rip going (personal opinion) so therefore if they lost the reservation I'd be content to keep my money and find another shady spot to sit in. I understand it is frustrating to plan for something and make a payment in good faith only to have it get all screwed up, but this is one instance I would not get worked up over it.

Since you stated you would not have upgraded room if you would have known the Cabana was at risk you may feel differently than I do; and so in your case I'd be leaning on the TA somewhat heavily to resolve this. Upgrading a room shouldn't bump a shoreside reservation.

I have always considered the Cabanas to be the biggest rip going (personal opinion) so therefore if they lost the reservation I'd be content to keep my money and find another shady spot to sit in. I understand it is frustrating to plan for something and make a payment in good faith only to have it get all screwed up, but this is one instance I would not get worked up over it.

Since you stated you would not have upgraded room if you would have known the Cabana was at risk you may feel differently than I do; and so in your case I'd be leaning on the TA somewhat heavily to resolve this. Upgrading a room shouldn't bump a shoreside reservation.

Thanks for the reply. I'd never heard of an excursion being bumped when it's all within the same (original) booking #. We'll see what they come back with but I think it's their mistake.

What an impressively UNhelpful commentary. Why should the OP care what your opinion is of the value of a cabana? Clearly it is important to him or her.

To the OP: It's unfortunate, but RCI seems to be notorious for computer glitches like this. Stay on them, and you should be okay. Hound your TA, hound RCI. Remember they don't reserve ALL the cabanas in advance of sailing, so push them and they should be able to find a way to secure on for you.

Do you have the same booking number? I recently was looking to upgrade and was told that because of the current special, the TA would have to cancel and rebook and I would lose everything associated with my current reservation. In my case, my TA advised me that this would have canceled my early dining selection and I would have to take MTD. We didn't want to do this so we decided not to do the upgrade. I wonder if this is what happened with you.

I think deedeetoo may have a point about the booking number. Is OP certain they didn't change the booking number?

I've changed cabins in the past and never had a problem with lost dinner reservations, excursions, etc. I have always kept the same booking number. I had an opportunity to get a $200 price reduction once that would involve cancelling my booking and making a new one, but it would also cancel everything that was associated with my original booking. I decided it wasn't worth it for $200.

As the cabana would have been paid for at the time your reserved it, you should have proof of that through your credit card. I would provide that to your TA to confirm with RCI that one was indeed reserved with your original booking number.

As others have mentioned the booking number is the key - changing staterooms within the same booking number should not disrupt pre-reserved activities and should only change the stateroom number. If for some reason the original booking number was changed, RCI may be seeing your change in stateroom as a new reservation, which could be the reason for the issue with the cabana. But again, I would think proof of payment with your credit card statement should help resolve that.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Looking for words of advise from anyone who may have dealt with a similar situation. Today, while processing my request for an upgrade from a B1 to D4 balcony on upcoming Allure cruise, my cabana on Nellie's beach disappeared from the reservation. Since I booked thru my TA, she is dealing with someone who says a "supervisor" is working on it and they'll get back with us in 72 hours to report if they reinstated the cabana reservation or not. So while I wait word from RC, does this sound right to anyone? Initially, they had also cancelled all my show reservations but they were able to go in and restore those in total. I wouldn't have bothered with the upgrade, had I known it would affect the cabana....just looking to see how hard I should push this IF they come back and say "sorry, no cabana"....thanks for any help!

We leave for the Oasis next Friday and had somewhat of a similar situation. We made our reservation in August of 2013, made out excursion reservations, show reservation, drink packages, etc. We were to make final payment on the 28th of January. On January 21st, RCCL cancelled out entire reservations and all packages. It was a nightmare to get fixed. We did get most of everything back in order except for one show, our cabana, and the DreamWorks Experience for the grands. As we are diamond plus, they suggested we try to get some of this through the concierge when we board. I'm not holding out too much hope for this. If we can just get the Dreamwork Experience for the grands, I will be content. I too, don't know if I would worry about the cabana. We have been in one several times and yes, they are nice but there is so much to do on the island, we did not spend that much time in it. The grands are doing two hours at the water park, so we decided to just go to the beach in that area as it has plenty of shade. I have the printouts of the original reservations, so I am hoping this will help when we get on board and try to get our original Frozen in Time show time. Good luck with solving your problem. It took us three days to get everything back in order and it was their fault to begin with.

Thank you for all the replies. My TA assures me we are dealing with the same booking # all through this process. I'm still waiting to see the new reservation via email. This was booked using a NCC, so that's another reason it needs to stay on the original booking ID for the OBC....and yes, I do have the email confirmation when I booked the cabana way back in October. I would think that's worth something in this discussion. I've read others here on CC speak of the "resolutions" dept at RCI....is this something I should tell my TA to speak with if we don't get the response we deserve?

What an impressively UNhelpful commentary. Why should the OP care what your opinion is of the value of a cabana? Clearly it is important to him or her.

To the OP: It's unfortunate, but RCI seems to be notorious for computer glitches like this. Stay on them, and you should be okay. Hound your TA, hound RCI. Remember they don't reserve ALL the cabanas in advance of sailing, so push them and they should be able to find a way to secure on for you.

I don't think my comment was unhelpful at all. They came to the site soliciting opinions on how we would handle this. First, I offered my personal opinion on the matter as a point of view for them to consider and offered alternative options (pocket the money, sit in different shaded spot). I don't know if OP has ever been to Labadee, therefore it is MOST helpful to suggest money saving alternatives of things to do on shore if this is not fixed. Then I also added what I felt to be factually accurate regarding a cabin upgrade and the channel I would go to for resolution recognizing their personal value system.

It is actually your lame comeback at me that is not helpful at all and does nothing to advance the situation towards resolution. Well, you DID bump the topic for fresh eyes. :rolleyes:

For the record, I hope this does get resolved for the OP. And I stand by my assertion that if you are dealing with a TA it is the TA you need to lean on to get this sorted out properly. This may not be the travel agents fault but they earn a commission and are acting as your representative therefore all pressures necessary should be focused on the agent to achieve resolution. They are, in effect, the messenger to shoot. Depending on your point of view this is either a pro or a con in working with a TA (delayed response times, but often they can get higher up the food chain with the cruise line and you aren't spending YOUR time on phone hold to fight with a call center agent). Any time OP spends on the phone with RCI they are going to refer back to the travel agent, so not a great suggestion on your part...

I've read others here on CC speak of the "resolutions" dept at RCI....is this something I should tell my TA to speak with if we don't get the response we deserve?

Absolutely. This is something they should be doing already. It is what they earn their commission for doing.

I know what you are going through.

We had a cabana booked on our Freedom Cruise last August, and it was booked by our daughter. Well she could no longer go on the cruise (she got a job after college graduation, Yay!) and I called to make sure that if we cancelled her off the reservation, the cabana would stay. Well, Rccl reps told me that it is attached to the Booking, not the person-WRONG! Once I cancelled her, the over the water cabana had disappeared. I called them immediately and low and behold, there was 1 available, mine! Well once we got the cabana reservation back, I had to argue with them and talk to Resolutions, because the price had gone up $50.00 and I wasn't going to pay the higher price. They ended up giving me 50.00 of OBC to make up for it, but many times, they have no idea how their system works.

Good Luck!

agree.

Do you have the same booking number? I recently was looking to upgrade and was told that because of the current special, the TA would have to cancel and rebook and I would lose everything associated with my current reservation. In my case, my TA advised me that this would have canceled my early dining selection and I would have to take MTD. We didn't want to do this so we decided not to do the upgrade. I wonder if this is what happened with you.

I also tried to do a upgrade with the current promotion, and they told me that they would do it, but my reservation would be canceled, including the cabana and I would risk not getting it back. Also all the show times, specialty restaurants etc. I told them no. Apparently, with the current promotion, it is for new bookings, so they have to cancel and rebook you. Sound like the poster relied on a TA, instead of directly with RCCL

I also tried to do a upgrade with the current promotion, and they told me that they would do it, but my reservation would be canceled, including the cabana and I would risk not getting it back. Also all the show times, specialty restaurants etc. I told them no. Apparently, with the current promotion, it is for new bookings, so they have to cancel and rebook you. Sound like the poster relied on a TA, instead of directly with RCCL

If you're referring to the current KSF promotion, my upgrade didn't have anything to do with that. Supposed to be just a simple change of rooms with SAME booking # as original reservation. I've verified its still my original booking ID #. Should not have affected any excursions. Now just trying to get RCI to fix their error.