What does Let me get YOUR Price mean?

Anniesails

I recently called my Princess Cruise Consultant about an itinerary for next year. She said wait until I pull up your account to get YOUR price. I then read somewhere that pricing is not always consistent, that it can depend on your cruising history with the Cruise Line. Does anyone have any insight into this issue ???:confused:

I recently called my Princess Cruise Consultant about an itinerary for next year. She said wait until I pull up your account to get YOUR price. I then read somewhere that pricing is not always consistent, that it can depend on your cruising history with the Cruise Line. Does anyone have any insight into this issue ???:confused:

Maybe she was waiting until she put in your past passenger number?

To get the best rate?

Yes your price means just that. If you are a past cruiser of a particular cruise company your price for a cruise may differ from others that have never cruised. But the difference might be very little or it may be pretty big discount. The cruise company sets the price and that will not change much unless they(the cruise company) offers discounts later on. That is why it is important not to pay in full until about a week before the final payment is due. It is much easier to get the cheaper price discount if they lower the price. But once you book, the price you are quoted will never be increased for you.

When I called Princess I had the same response, my rate was less because we were past passengers. When we booked our cruise with Carnival our rate was less because they were offering a Canadian resident rate. Either way my rate was less than the rate shown and that was awesome with me!!

I had an experience with regional pricing a couple of years ago. A friend in Arizona with almost the same Princess cruise history as we had priced a mini-suite for a Mexico cruise out of LA. Our price was $1,199 and their price was $799. They appeared to be penalizing Southern Californians because of our proximity to San Pedro. A TA friend on the East Coast priced our cruise and got the same $1,199 price for us and the same $799 rate for a local resident.

On a number of occasions, signing into the Princess site will has reduced the cruise cost by hundreds of dollars over the original price.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We have frequently seen "British Columbia Residents" rates as well. No idea how they figure that out but it isn't a permanent thing, it comes and goes. Another form of promotion.

We booked cruises in 2010 for ourselves and my wife's parents. When they checked their pricing it was a fair bit more than our pricing. They live 30 miles from us but are in Washington state where we are in Greater Vancouver. There was a BC Residents rate for us at the time. My wife and I each booked a room and had her parents in with us in theory in order to get them our rate.

Then last year we saw great rates for Alaska so sent the link to several friends and relatives. They all got back to us that the trip looked good but much more expensive than the price I had mentioned. Turned out we were offered a better rate because we were Platinum and the others were not yet Platinum though they had all sailed with Princess before. Now that Princess has the "Share the Savings" thing we used that. BUT, before long there were 10 of us and you can only "Share the Savings" for two other cabins. So, once again my wife and I had to each get a cabin to share the savings with more people.

Terry

Edited by AE_Collector

From Princess Website

5 Days Western Caribbean Getaway

Emerald Princess

Roundtrip from Houston, Texas

Tue, Nov 11, 2014

Before Sign In:

Interior $549.00

Oceanview $749.00

Balcony $849.00

Mini-Suite $1,049.00

Suite$ 1,699.00

After Sign In:

Interior $359.00

Oceanview $459.00

Balcony $599

Mini-Suite $729.00

Suite $1,699.00

Billco did exactly what I was about to do as I run the Pre/Post login comparison all of the time. The rates are nearly always different.

And remember, just because the website says "Welcome Mr. SheepdogGriff" (insert your name there), it may not necessarily mean that you are logged in. If you see "Sign In" anywhere (even next to your own name), you're not truly signed in - the site just remembers who it's expecting to log in. This was fixed with a recent website update where you don't see your name at all unless you are completely signed in, but that doesn't mean it's that way on all the different internet browsers.

There are also targeted promotions that get sent to specific past passengers that are tied to their specific Captain's Circle number.

I once saw two couples who lived in the same town who were all Elite book a cruise, and the offer was only available to one of the four. Luckily most targeted promotions allow the Share the Savings feature to share the rate with other cabins.

So yes, "your" rate can be totally different than everyone else's.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Your Price , in addition to the qualifiers mentioned ( Past Guest , Resident, Senior rate codes) may also include a "mailing " that you may have received from Princess. Only those on that select mailing list qualify for that rate code.