Tv

hardel

Just got off sapphire and new 40 inch tv's were installed...also lots of on demand movies.

Very nice. Do all the ships have this?

No, it was being installed over the last month or 2.

We just got off at the beginning of the month and they were far from being done.

How does it work and what cabin were you in?

Did you just get off today?

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Will the rest of the fleet get this eventually like the Royal?? Hope so. Really need the menu of movies for an early cabin evening!

I think this will expand to more ships....We are not big movie people, but do like to watch one now and then on MUTS.

The last thing I want to do is sit in the cabin watching a TV at all. :cool:

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Will the rest of the fleet get this eventually like the Royal?? Hope so. Really need the menu of movies for an early cabin evening!
Eventually, but it won't be like the Royal. As I understood from the technician a couple of weeks ago, the new systems will have on-demand movies but won't have the interactive features. For instance, you won't be able to check your folio on the TV nor will you be able to use your smartphone to access features and information. Whether this is correct or not, I don't know, but I know from looking at the Sapphire's TV set-up that there isn't the folio viewing option on the menu.

Are the movies/shows complimentary?

If not, I'm sure they will be coming fleet wide soon...another way to make money :)

You can relax. The Princess TV system, including the on-demand movies, is completely free. Edited by Pam in CA

Just got off sapphire and new 40 inch tv's were installed...also lots of on demand movies.

Very nice. Do all the ships have this?

What cabin were you in, I understand not all decks are working yet???

What cabin were you in, I understand not all decks are working yet???

I just got off the Sapphire Saturday after 3 weeks on board. I was on Emerald deck and we had the new TVs but not the on demand movies. I was told they were working by zones. I talked to some people on the same deck and they had it although they said there were lots of problems with it. They were near the front of the ship. I was in the middle. Different zones. Even the old system frequently stopped working. It had nothing to do with the satellite. It was just interruptions caused by the upgrading of the ship's system. It could be frustrating to be watching a movie and have it just disappear for 5 to 30 minutes.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Eventually, but it won't be like the Royal. As I understood from the technician a couple of weeks ago, the new systems will have on-demand movies but won't have the interactive features. For instance, you won't be able to check your folio on the TV nor will you be able to use your smartphone to access features and information.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought on the Royal you could not see your portfolio on the TV but could on personal devices such as tablets and smart phones.

We were in a mini suite with two TVs.

Two issues. The TVs have a blue light shining and blinking. Annoying at night

There are two controllers that can work both TVs, even at the same time. Had the odd experience of turning off one and simultaneously turning on the other.

We got off the Sapphire on March 11. There were problems, but I think everything will be okay. They had a team of workers on board just working on tv's. I did get to watch Captain Phillips....😊

We got off the Sapphire on March 11. There were problems, but I think everything will be okay. They had a team of workers on board just working on tv's. I did get to watch Captain Phillips....

Yes the "team" was in and out of our cabin a few times.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought on the Royal you could not see your portfolio on the TV but could on personal devices such as tablets and smart phones.
You're probably right. Too many ships. :( What a dilemma!
We got off the Sapphire on March 11. There were problems, but I think everything will be okay. They had a team of workers on board just working on tv's. I did get to watch Captain Phillips....
I was also on this cruise and my TV worked for just a few minutes while the technician was there. Otherwise, nothing. Not even the ship's cam or shopping channel. Edited by Pam in CA