For the ladies. Room decorations or Roses?

BIG_Steve

We'll be on board for our 30th anniversary. Want to do something for the cabin. Ladies, what is better? Having Carnival gussy up the cabin with streamers and a banner? Or just some Roses? Wife would appreciate either no doubt.

Roses! We were on an anniversary cruise a couple of years ago and my husband got the room decorations. As sweet as that was, those things dangling over my head drove me crazy! I also thought they made the room seem cluttered. By mid-week I kind of pushed them into a corner of the room to keep them out of the way.

ROSES....or some other fresh flower arrangement. Get the biggest! They will last all week (stop at your local grocery store and ask the florist if you can purchase/have a packet of the powder you dissolve in the water to be on the safe side....your wife will think you REALLY thought this out!). I think there is something to be said for your EFFORT and she will recognize that! I agree about the decorations getting old fast! Flowers are almost a girls bf!

Another vote for roses...they will "perfumed" the cabin for the entire week...nothing like it IMHO..HAPPY 30th....our first cruise ever was for our 30th anniversary...we had a blast and became addicted to cruising. The good lord willing we will be sailing to Hawaii in 2 years for our 50th :D

I got decorations for our anniversary ( also some chocolate covered strawberries ). Flowers die. The decorations your can take home and re-use for the next anniversary :D

Edited by Chmie

Roses! We had the decorations for our honeymoon cruise and after about 2 days, they were driving us crazy.

Yep...go with the flowers. We had a birthday package done up for our DS when he was 14 - after the initial "suprise" even he thought they were cheesy and just got in the way.

Roses, for most, are just more romantic...roses;;or streamers plus roses..but I do think the decor can be a bit much...a card and maybe a one small Happy Anniversary decor item and ROSES with that rose/flower food...simply the flower of love, fresh water every 2 days and that food..they will last the week...Sarah

A couple of those electric flickering candles...ohh so sweet...

Edited by sjn911

On our cruise last month, SIL asked the cabin steward to put up Valentine decorations in our room along with rose petals on the bed. Then he made up the kissing swans on our bed. Very romantic. Check with the bon voyage department to see if the rose petals are available with any of the packages.

I would go with the decorations and the roses. Decorations you can take down if they bother you and the wife. Maybe ask them to deliver 30 roses!!! One for each year of wedding bliss! Include that on the card!

Not sure when the big day is but once you board, you can go to the formalities shop and arrange the surprise right there.

Congrats on the big day!

I will let you know in about 45 days. Sailing May 4th from NOLA and ordered the anniversary decorations, the 9" chocolate cake and the deluxe tropical bouquet.... she is bound to like something out of the deal.

I like both the decorations and the flowers. Tough choice. I think what I liked best was room decorations and a wristlet to wear on my anniversary. My sister parents were on a cruise with us and my sister had the wristlet and a boutonnière delivered to our room. Loved it

Sent from my iPhone using Forums