Carnival shore excursion

carnival03

We just booked the "relax on the beach snorkel package" for our day at mahogany bay. We are a family of three and the package admits it only buys entrance for two. I'm sure you all are aware that this package includes round trips on the chair lift, snorkel gear, 2 floats, and 2 chairs covered by a clam shell. Now my wife only plans on laying in the chair while my son and I are out in the water on the floats and snorkeling. Has anyone ever done this package with a family of three? Will it be okay I only brought one set? Or will I have to book another.

When it comes to getting at mahogany bay where do we go? Yes, we will walk over for the first time since there is 3 of us and they'll probably only let 2 on the chair lift but after that will me and my son be able to go back and get on the chair lift or.... all the help I can get is great. I emailed carnival and said it would be 72 hours for response but there is only a few spots remaining to get another package if I need too.

I think you need all 3. if carnival provides transportation, they will only let on 2. to get in (entrance) they will only admit 2. before you decide how logistically you will deal with the situation in the place you need to get 3 people there and 2 people in.

maybe I am missing something though

If you do cancel, I would highly recommend that you take an island tour through one of the many independent tour operators. We used Victor Bodden, and they provided the best island tour ever! And the prices are very reasonable. The island of Roatan is one of the most beautiful islands in the entire Caribbean. It would be very sad to miss out on this spectacular port by just staying at the manmade beach by the port. A lazy, do-nothing beach day can be done at just about any port, but Roatan has so much to offer that other Western Caribbean ports do not have. It is a mountainous & beautiful island.

We got to ride all over the whole island, seeing many great sites. We paid $15pp extra to go out on a glass bottom boat to do some snorkeling, and it was the best snorkeling that I've seen anywhere. We then went to a beach on the west end for a couple hours. It had some of the best off-the-beach snorkeling that I've seen anywhere. Many people like to do ziplining in Roatan. If you take a tour of the island, this could be one of those very special days that you & your family remember for the rest of your lives.

Edited by k2excursion

The beach is an easy walk down a paved path. Once there, you can do things "a-la-carte" if you want. (even the sky-ride) Chairs are free for anyone to use, so yes, you could buy a package for 2 and have the third "tag along." Going back to the ship up the path is a bit more tiring - but we "walkers" actually beat my dh and dd who were on the chair lift riding, due to the lineup of people waiting to ride and the chair stopping and starting to let young or older people who needed more time to hop on get on.

I think you need all 3. if carnival provides transportation, they will only let on 2. to get in (entrance) they will only admit 2. before you decide how logistically you will deal with the situation in the place you need to get 3 people there and 2 people in.

maybe I am missing something though

This is NOT like a real excursion where you are admitted somewhere or get on a bus. They may or may not let all 3 ride the chairlift but you can share the floats, etc. IMHO, you do not need to buy another package.

I already canceled because I wasn't liking the pictures I saw of the clamshells being right next to each other. The only reason of buying this was to have chair reserved. There will be two ships in port that day (april 18th) the Legend and the Glory do you all (every one who's been there) feel there is enough chairs there to accommodate everyone on the two ships if we get off shortly after docking, not worried about being in front or anything.

We just did this 3 wks ago with our 9 yr old grandson. We bought the clamshell, 2 chairs, 2 floats, 2 snorkel gear and the chair lift for 2. We were able to buy his extra all day chair lift pass for $7.. He never used the chairs...LOL. We brought his snorkel gear with us from home because we didn't figure the rented would fit him anyway. Everything worked out fine!! And yes, the clamshells are right next to each other, but believe me, you never would know anyone was next to you. The chairs are right next to each other also with nothing in between them, at least with the clamshells you have something there! We chose one on the end and it was absolutely perfect! A little guaranteed shade and a little privacy and yes, a guaranteed space for what we considered a nominal fee.

Edited by gamma5