When was your first Princess Cruise?

h20skibum

When was your first Princess Cruise?

Our first was on the Original Crown Princess in October, 1991. Although we started cruising in 1980, the Crown was our first Princess trip. We had cabin C159 which was an outside with a large window. Our one week cruise with stops at Nassau, Montego Bay, Grand Cayman and Cozumel cost a total of 1,046. We still have our shore excursion book that lists all the prices for excursions offered by princess. There really has not been a large increase in the prices for them over the last 23 years.

In the photo, the Crown is docked by the Big Red Boat in Nassau (I had almost forgot about that ship). There certainly is a striking difference in ship size and amenities since then.

13309905113_230aff0bd1_b.jpg

November 1998. DW and I took a cruise for our 10th anniversary. We were on the third sailing of the Ruby Princess out of Fort Lauderdale and had a wonderfull time.

On a side note, the first cruise (besides day cruises to the Bahamas) that I ever took was on the Big Red Boat back in the 1987.

Our 1st cruise was 6 months after retirement. We sailed out of Seattle in May of 2007. I booked everything through PCL. We were on the Sun Princess, 7 Day Alaska, Caribe Deck 9, Stateroom C337. It was a Late Retirement and early 45th Anniversary present. We are now hooked on Cruising and love PCL.

Edited by RetiredNTraveling

Hi,

My first Princess cruise was in August 1989 on the original Dawn Princess (the former Fairwind). This was a 12-night Scandinavia / Russia cruise that I did with my parents. I am a big Princess fan and have enjoyed all of my cruises with them. Some highlights include the original Pacific Princess to Bermuda in May 2002, the Emerald Princess to Scandinavia / Russia in July 2012, and the maiden voyage of the Royal Princess in June 2013.

Chuck

Edited by seacruise9

First cruise was in May of 1992 on the Crown Princess. We did the Eastern Caribbean and our ports were San Juan, Nassau, and St. Thomas. The Crown was a beautiful ship.

My first Princess cruise is coming up in February 2015 - just booked it :D. It's an Eastern Caribbean on the Caribbean Princess. I am so excited. I am on CC trying to learn everything I can about it!!!

My first "cruise" was as a passenger on a freighter from Norfolk to/from Rotterdam in 1955. My first cruise was on the Song of Norway in 1980. My first Princess cruise was on the original Royal Princess in 1999 from Manaus (Brazil) to San Juan. I've been hooked on ships and cruising for a long, long time.

My first cruise on Princess was in January of 2006 on the Island Princess to Hawaii. 15 days, with 5 ports instead of the 4 you get today. We were in C701, a suite. I made a big mistake doing that as we were immediately hooked on suites. Since that time I have only booked suites with two exceptions, and we were upgraded to a suite after boarding the Sapphire on one of them.

Wow this could turn into a reunion. The post caught my eye so I opened it and spotted the Crown and the Big Red Boat and knew it was in Nassau with out reading it. Then I read it.

We have a folder of all our Princess cruises which by now is taking up both sides of a very big file drawer so I dug it out.

Date May 30 1991. Cabin B296 aft outside w/window. Cost $1814.00 for both of us. We have all the Patters. We have all the lovely Lunch and Dinner Menu's which are well worth framing. What wonderful memories.

We did 3 cruises on the Crown and one on the Regal. We just returned last Saturday from doing the RT Panama on the Coral which IMO is one of the very best ships Princess has left. But as all "the old timers" know there is no compaireason between to days ships and the Crown or Regal.

Thanks for the post.

Our first cruise was on the (current) Sun Princess in October of 2000, sailing from LA to Acapulco. It was a repo cruise (we didn't know what that meant back then) broken into 2 legs; we only did the first 7-day leg, before she transited the Panama Canal. I had been terribly skeptical about cruising, despite friends telling us for years they were sure we'd love it. I can't recall what exactly I was skeptical about, but I do recall that by the end of the first evening aboard ship I was absolutely hooked. Meanwhile, 21 cruises later .... :D

Wow this could turn into a reunion. The post caught my eye so I opened it and spotted the Crown and the Big Red Boat and knew it was in Nassau with out reading it. Then I read it.

We have a folder of all our Princess cruises which by now is taking up both sides of a very big file drawer so I dug it out.

Date May 30 1991. Cabin B296 aft outside w/window. Cost $1814.00 for both of us. We have all the Patters. We have all the lovely Lunch and Dinner Menu's which are well worth framing. What wonderful memories.

We did 3 cruises on the Crown and one on the Regal. We just returned last Saturday from doing the RT Panama on the Coral which IMO is one of the very best ships Princess has left. But as all "the old timers" know there is no compaireason between to days ships and the Crown or Regal.

Thanks for the post.

We are leaving in just under 4 weeks on the Coral for the Panama Canal and looking forward to it. Wondering why we got such a good deal in price for that cruise, then I remembered the original cruise we booked a week earlier was oversold. They were looking for passengers with dates that were flexible to move to another date. They gave us a nice upgrade and several perks for switching to a week later.

With all the changes lately, that probably would not happen anymore.

My first "cruise" was in May 1981 on a Blue Lagoon cruise in Fiji.

But I'll never forget my first Princess Cruise - it was Vancouver-Alaska roundtrip on the Dawn Princess on September 14, 2001.

We didn't even know if we'd be sailing or not until the day before - nerve-wracking...

It took almost 5 hours to get on the ship because they had to haul a single x-ray scanner from the airport to the pier and scan every suitcase, every carry-on one by one. The ship was half-empty; only locals from BC/Washington on-board because no flights were landing or taking off.

Probably the eeriest thing was as we were leaving Vancouver harbour; seeing a number of cruise ships tied up going nowhere. I remember sailing past the X Infinity as she was moored, going nowhere as she was being used as a floating hotel for the passengers who couldn't fly home.

It was a nice cruise, but as you can imagine the mood on board was a little solemn...:(

We had 6 cruises with the Hairy Chest cruise line and decided we had to be missing out on real cruising. March 2012, on the Ruby, was our first Princess and found what was missing. We have our 3rd booked for this November. Last year was CP and this year is the Ruby with a Caribe balcony.