MS Westerdam Sail-Away- March 22, 2014

aliaschief

glad I didn't miss this one.

I have just been too busy between halfacts.com, trying to train Master Marley and other silly things (not to mention cruise planning).

hi everyone:D

Hi Jacqui, glad you could make it. You haven't missed anything.

glad I didn't miss this one.

I have just been too busy between halfacts.com, trying to train Master Marley and other silly things (not to mention cruise planning).

hi everyone:D

Does he get in the car yet?

How do we know which ship is speaking/leaving? It sounds like one is just about to go.

Believe we are listening to the Westerdam at the moment as you can hear the orders to drop lines, seal doors.

Sometimes it's just a guess but normally when ship communicate to Harbor Master there is identification of who's calling.

Does he get in the car yet?

nope - but we have 4 feet on the ramp. We found out the problem though (a bit too late) somehow his invisible fencing warning went off at the car - just the warning not the penalty so he was getting a mixed message - uggh). Invisible fencing turned down - guy coming to see if it's his fancy new collar (which it is - I have tested it) and now of course, he is in the leash and harness he would be in the car. uggh. If we had known that two weeks ago we would have done different things. We can push him in though if he doesn't do it by Monday with him on the ramp - (push not pull). He got a bit of a lesson though today. Fox went running up. Kazu prefers his back seat so I defer to age and off the three of us went and left Marley behind. He was NOT a happy camper. If the weather co-operates I plan on doing that a couple more times IF he won't get in.

Marley has come a LONG way from a puppy (9 months old and 90 pounds) that wouldn't come within 18 feet of the car to this. So, I take all small victories. I am using the 'touch' command to get him to the car and up the ramp.

Sorry for the thread drift.

Thanks for the suggestions. I am going to have to play around with this a bit. I don't want to do it now and miss the Westerdam's sailing.

Does the fact that I am an AOL user make any difference?

There is much about computers I do not understand.

I am also an AOL user and it sounds like we have some similar problems but my DH is not and he couldn't even get in today. His computer is quite a bit newer then mine, go figure.

Hey it's gone 8pm here! :)

Good morning - yes it's Sunday morning here. 7.30am - no drinkies yet 'cept for a cup of tea to wake me up :)

Edited by cranethie
Wake not walk - that will come later!

nope - but we have 4 feet on the ramp. We found out the problem though (a bit too late) somehow his invisible fencing warning went off at the car - just the warning not the penalty so he was getting a mixed message - uggh). Invisible fencing turned down - guy coming to see if it's his fancy new collar (which it is - I have tested it) and now of course, he is in the leash and harness he would be in the car. uggh. If we had known that two weeks ago we would have done different things. We can push him in though if he doesn't do it by Monday with him on the ramp - (push not pull). He got a bit of a lesson though today. Fox went running up. Kazu prefers his back seat so I defer to age and off the three of us went and left Marley behind. He was NOT a happy camper. If the weather co-operates I plan on doing that a couple more times IF he won't get in.

Marley has come a LONG way from a puppy (9 months old and 90 pounds) that wouldn't come within 18 feet of the car to this. So, I take all small victories. I am using the 'touch' command to get him to the car and up the ramp.

Sorry for the thread drift.

No problem with the "drift". Love to hear about the family! :)

[quote=Marco's Tia;42149563]OK I think I'm getting why this is so fascinating... a nice closeup of the Constellation. And finally something is moving.[/quote]
When she gets further down the channel, change to PE cam and you will see a closeup of her...