Mariner Credits - Please Correct Me if I'm Wrong

dag144

I have sailed in both of HAL's top two categories, the Neptune Suite and the Vista Suite (formerly the Mini-Suite on the S ships). I have received double days while in a Neptune Suite and single days (a day credit for each day sailed) when in a Vista Suite. I have also sailed with an upsell in a Neptune Suite (wonderful deal) and received single day credits.

A member of this forum has pointed out that HAL's website states that suites receive double days for sailing. Anyone recall getting double days for sailing in a category below PH or Neptune?

:):)

I have sailed in both of HAL's top two categories, the Neptune Suite and the Vista Suite (formerly the Mini-Suite on the S ships). I have received double days while in a Neptune Suite and single days (a day credit for each day sailed) when in a Vista Suite. I have also sailed with an upsell in a Neptune Suite (wonderful deal) and received single day credits.

A member of this forum has pointed out that HAL's website states that suites receive double days for sailing. Anyone recall getting double days for sailing in a category below PH or Neptune?

Sounds to me like you have everything right. The Neptune Suites award double credits only when you pay a published fare. That may or may not include upsells. We have had the experience of receiving double credits on what we thought was an upsell. On the other hand, we have had HAL totally lose a cruise. So it may actually have worked out about even.

Edited by BumperII

You are correct we have been upgraded to both and received only single points. Not a problem because we did not pay near the published price. We were very pleased with both upgrades and the prices.

IIRC the designation "Vista Suite" has only been used fairly recently. So perhaps if you were in your Vista Suite before it was CALLED a Vista Suite you won't get double Mariner days.

On our last cruise we had a Vista, and did get double-day credit for it.

Last year we booked a BB guarantee on the Maasdam's 42 day Atlantic Adventure in Oct. We took an upsell to a Neptune Suite. We received the double points for the 42 days. I believe the only real perk with the Vista suites is the double points for each sailing day so you can earn Mariner benefits faster.

Last year we booked a BB guarantee on the Maasdam's 42 day Atlantic Adventure in Oct. We took an upsell to a Neptune Suite. We received the double points for the 42 days. I believe the only real perk with the Vista suites is the double points for each sailing day so you can earn Mariner benefits faster.

A BB has Suite in it's name -- there by earning double days. The upsell got you the Neptune Lounge, etc. If your original booking was for a 'suite' designation you will get double days. Anything other than that, an upsell only gets you space/and or a bigger balcony/neptune lounge(if a really good upsell).

I posted in the other thread in which this was discussed.

We only sail on Vista and Signature ships, and when we have booked SY cabins on both, we got double days.

It is my understanding that everything booked above a VA gets the double days.

I don't know the categories on the other ships.

Edited by Oceanwench

I posted in the other thread in which this was discussed.

We only sail on Vista and Signature ships, and when we have booked SY cabins on both, we got double days.

It is my understanding that everything booked above a VA gets the double days.

I don't know the categories on the other ships.

Isn't there also a V category? That would not get double.

Upsells do not qualify for double credits. It says that right on the upsell if you do receive paperwork.

Isn't there also a V category? That would not get double.
Right, on the Sig ships VQ and V are both above VA. Better to say "SZ and above" get the doubles. However, the OP of this thread is really asking about the Prinsendam (from her posts on another thread) so if we say "anything with Suite in the name" it covers all ships. Edited by jtl513

Many have pointed out that Signature Suites also receive double credit, we did receive double credit for a VA cabin on the Veendam in 2009, not sure if that would still happen today. But I think the policy is for all categories' that are VA and above you receive double credit.

-Paul

Many have pointed out that Signature Suites also receive double credit, we did receive double credit for a VA cabin on the Veendam in 2009, not sure if that would still happen today. But I think the policy is for all categories' that are VA and above you receive double credit.

-Paul

Does the Veendam have va cabins?

Thanks for all the feedback. It does seem that at the current time if the category includes the word "suite" one gets double days. I am doing a TA on 4/6 in a Vista Suite on the Ryndam. This is not an upsell. Therefore I guess I should get double days.

I will let you know on my return.

Thanks for all the feedback. It does seem that at the current time if the category includes the word "suite" one gets double days. I am doing a TA on 4/6 in a Vista Suite on the Ryndam. This is not an upsell. Therefore I guess I should get double days.

I will let you know on my return.

You should. On the other small ships the verandah 'suites' get double days. The Prinsendam is the only small ship with Signature Suites as well as verandahs but to the best of my knowledge they get the same benefit.

If you want to make sure just email the mariner society to double check - they are far more reliable (IMO) than the regular Seattle email.

If we are wrong by all means report back. But in my experience as long as 'suite' is in the name you get double credits and suite is in the name on the Prinsendam and there aren't that many verandahs - they are pricey - so it would make sense.

enjoy your cruise :)

We were in a Signature Suite on Prinsendam, and I'm about 90% sure we got double days. I was trying to check in my account with HAL, but couldn't log on.

Only rooms that have access to Neptune lounge are considered real suites and get double day credits as per Holland when I called them on Thursday. I have always purchased either Vista or signature suite and no bonus suite days only bonus for purchases.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Forums mobile app

Only rooms that have access to Neptune lounge are considered real suites and get double day credits as per Holland when I called them on Thursday. I have always purchased either Vista or signature suite and no bonus suite days only bonus for purchases.

Those might be the only 'real' suites and certainly the only ones with access to the Neptune Lounge (caveat - HAL can call them suites - some of us do not - the only ones that are close to it are on the Prinsendam).

All that aside, Seattle has given correct info for the Neptune Suites but not info on the double mariner credit for the others. Suites qualify. any room with the name Suite gets the double credit. They might not be 'real suites' as per the converstation you had - but whether they are real suites or not, they do get the credit. So Signature Suites get the double mariner points and on the smaller ships the Vista (Verandah) Suites do as well.

Those might be the only 'real' suites and certainly the only ones with access to the Neptune Lounge (caveat - HAL can call them suites - some of us do not - the only ones that are close to it are on the Prinsendam).

All that aside, Seattle has given correct info for the Neptune Suites but not info on the double mariner credit for the others. Suites qualify. any room with the name Suite gets the double credit. They might not be 'real suites' as per the converstation you had - but whether they are real suites or not, they do get the credit. So Signature Suites get the double mariner points and on the smaller ships the Vista (Verandah) Suites do as well.

I booked in signature suite in July and was not given double points for it. When I checked I was advised that signature suites don't qualify. I am booked now in the same and again told I do not qualify. I talked to three different people one in mariner and was told that only Neptune Suites or higher count. I guess I have to call back a forth time.

If I did I would be 4 star now. Must check again.

Edited by falcon10156

I booked in signature suite in July and was not given double points for it. When I checked I was advised that signature suites don't qualify. I am booked now in the same and again told I do not qualify. I talked to three different people one in mariner and was told that only Neptune Suites or higher count. I guess I have to call back a forth time.

If I did I would be 4 star now. Must check again.

well this is really weird as I am sure you have seen from other posts they did qualify for others. Now I am wondering if things have changed - but I was assured by my TA before we upgraded that our cabin qualified and it was a Vista Suite. strange?

sorry - just a quick thought. If this is an upsell and you didn't have a 'suite' category then they don't count. But if that is what you booked originally it should. Just grasping at straws here as this is really befuddling

Edited by kazu

In 2010, when I sailed in a Category A cabin - then called a verandah suite, now called a vista suite - that I paid full price for, I got double days. At one time it was posted on here (and I believe on the HAL web site, too), that if your cabin was designated as a suite - that is, it had the word "suite" in its name - (for which you paid, not upgraded to), you'd get double days

Here is what HAL says:

Suite Bonus – Earn double Cruise Day credits when you pay a published fare for a spacious suite or penthouse on your next cruise.

Now this does not list what category of cabin qualifies for each ship, but I'm pretty sure Signature SQ, SY and SA's are "Suites" and on the smaller S and R ships a "Vista" suites qualify.

On our May 2012 Canada/ New England 7 day we received 7 days Suite bonus credit for being in a "Vista Suite" not a Neptune.

It's important to me has a CC member that accurate information is shared with others and I'm sure the "Suite" bonus is not just for Neptune Suite customers.

-Paul

Here is what HAL says:

Suite Bonus – Earn double Cruise Day credits when you pay a published fare for a spacious suite or penthouse on your next cruise.

Now this does not list what category of cabin qualifies for each ship, but I'm pretty sure Signature SQ, SY and SA's are "Suites" and on the smaller S and R ships a "Vista" suites qualify.

On our May 2012 Canada/ New England 7 day we received 7 days Suite bonus credit for being in a "Vista Suite" not a Neptune.

It's important to me has a CC member that accurate information is shared with others and I'm sure the "Suite" bonus is not just for Neptune Suite customers.

-Paul

Thank you for sharing this. I found that statement after I posted ( in the 2014-2015 catalog.) I was going to share it today, but you beat me to it. People may be confused as not all verandah cabins are designated as "suites". People can look at the catalog to see which cabins are suites. I really don't think HAL would make this broad statement if they were excluding any cabin in the "suite" category. Also, this is a fairly recent change. The person who insisted that Vista Suites are not included probably didn't pay a published fare, or his cabin was not called Vista Suite at his booking. Thanks for clearing this up and putting it to rest!

Hi fellow HA cruisers,

Another question running about Credits,

I would like to know if I purchase, for exemple, 600,00$ on the HA site.

This money will be count as two slice of a bonus day credit EVEN I don't buy nothing on board with this money (…and I took the money back at the end of my cruise) ?

Holacanada