Hotels in Fort Lauderdale

bossymama

I know this has probably been discussed already, but where on this site can I find hotel recommendations? We are sailing out of Port Everglades in November, having taken advantage of some of the good deals for Canadians recently advertised. (booked a JS for only about $150 more than a balcony! Can I get a WOOHOO?!) We haven't sailed out of Fort Lauderdale since our first cruise on the Enchantment back in 2005, and where we stayed pre-cruise was way too far away from the cruise port for me. Any one got any suggestions? 1 day pre and 2-3 days post cruise, with a pool, not too cost prohibitive. Thanks!

I know I could spend a lot of time gooling this, but the CC's know all the best places, and this is much faster!

In my Allure review (linked in my sig, post #3) I listed 3 "areas" of pre cruise hotels, along with examples and their relative merits and advantages. That might prove helpful! :D.

In general there are the beach hotels, which are really full service resorts on the beach and more expensive, there at the 17 th ave "business" style hotels with decent pools, that are handy to shopping and restaurants and very close to port, but not terribly scenic, (other than potential views of the port and ships in it) and there are airport hotels which offer cheap lodgings and often free or reduced parking for folks driving to port; these are in a more industrial area and offer less in terms of walking to dining, shopping and amenities, especially at night.

Also check out the PORT boards on this site- there are usually multiple discussions of various options under Fort Lauderdale! Good luck!:D

Edited by Familygoboston

I know this has probably been discussed already, but where on this site can I find hotel recommendations? We are sailing out of Port Everglades in November, having taken advantage of some of the good deals for Canadians recently advertised. (booked a JS for only about $150 more than a balcony! Can I get a WOOHOO?!) We haven't sailed out of Fort Lauderdale since our first cruise on the Enchantment back in 2005, and where we stayed pre-cruise was way too far away from the cruise port for me. Any one got any suggestions? 1 day pre and 2-3 days post cruise, with a pool, not too cost prohibitive. Thanks!

I know I could spend a lot of time gooling this, but the CC's know all the best places, and this is much faster!

We always stay at either Hamton Inn or Embassy Suites as they provide airport shuttle service and shuttle service to the ship the next day. Very convenient! Trish

There are many nice hotels, around the area.

We have stayed and the Embassy Suites last summer and have them booked for this summer.

On 17th. street.

Close to shopping (Publix and wine store)

Close to restuarants.

Free shuttel (however we take a cab for $20 tip included to get to port ------when we want to.

Free awesome breakfast

Free evening cocktails

Just renovated, cannot wait to see what it looks like.

All for $139 plus tax.

Sea Ya

I know you don't like to Google but I find it's pretty quick. I pull up the pier on a Google map and then just do a search nearby for hotels. Then I can compare it recommendations from others.

Edited by runner2013

We are staying at Embassy suites for 2 nights pre cruise in November. Never stayed there before so really don't have any input but everybody else seems to give it high marks so we are going to try it.

Crowne Plaza located at the Port entrance, stayed there two times, very good quality rooms and decent prices too. They will organise your travel to the ship and back to the airport if you need.

Pretty sure the Embassy Suites does NOT have a free shuttle. They do have a shuttle but you can take a cab for about the same price and no waiting for others.

Oh my

You are so right.

Thank you for correcting me.

and yes the cab is better you dont have to wait on anyone.

Thanks again.

Sea Ya

Marriots Spring Field Inn is where we always stay. They have free shuttle from the airport to the hotel and free shuttle from the hotel to the ship. Also they have shuttle service for when you disembark off the ship and will take you to the airport for $10 per person which is really convenient and saves on cruise line transfers.

Another vote for the Embassy Suites on 17th. They do not have a free shuttle from airport or to the ship. Their van to the ship in January was $8 per person.

The complimentary cocktail hour was nice as was the breakfast with several cooked-to-order items available. Close to nice restaurants and a shopping center for last minute odds and ends. We have stayed there multiple times.

I have done the hyatt pier 66, embassy suites, riverside hotel and Renaissance on 17th. I would recommend any of them.

You really cannot beat 17th street area for convenience of shopping, total wine outlet right there, sun trolley to the beach for $1 and a short cheap cab ride from the airport and to the cruise port.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Forums mobile app

We always stay at Gallery One; it is a Doubletree Suites and it has rooms with two bedrooms and two bathrooms. Makes it easy to get ready in the morning. We usually take a cab or a shuttle over to the port. It is not as close as other hotels and the plus is not as many cruisers all trying to check out and get to the pier at the same time. Also close walk to the Rx and grocery store for last minute items. Many nice restaurants close by in walking distance.

We stayed at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise. It has a pool, reasonable rates and free breakfast. It's across the street from a shopping center

We booked the snooze and cruise type package

Copied from site - PARK AND CRUISE PKG

Package includes transportation for two to port everglades and complimentary parking while guest leaves vehicle at hotel during cruise. Transportation back to hotel is not included but can be set up with a third party company. Additional transfers to port 8.00 extra per person.

When we went on the OAS last Nov. we booked thru AAA and they set us up at the Spring hill suites. It is right off of I95 and they have free trans to the ship and they also have Parking for 5 bucks a day. They take care of all the baggage etc. Have to pay 10 bucks a person to come back to the Hotel But when we got ready to come to the hotel there was only 6 people on the bus.. and about 30 min we were in the car heading north.

When we went on the OAS last Nov. we booked thru AAA and they set us up at the Spring hill suites. It is right off of I95 and they have free trans to the ship and they also have Parking for 5 bucks a day...

I just checked their website for package pricing, and the "Rate Rules" for the Pre-Cruise deal are saying you get up to 14 days free parking (plus breakfast and 1-way port shuttle for 2). That's with the $149 package. Just FYI :)

Been on the Oasis (loft suite). Man that ship SPOILED me SO BAD! ;)

Edited by jandros