Caribbean Princess unable to leave port today :(

mjrich73

My daughter and son in law, along with all other passengers, got a letter delivered to their stateroom detailing the refund policy. 100% whether you got off the ship or stayed on for an abbreviated cruise or just a cruise to nowhere. If this info is accurate a lot of the good will generated by the offer will disappear very quickly.

My daughter and son in law, along with all other passengers, got a letter delivered to their stateroom detailing the refund policy. 100% whether you got off the ship or stayed on for an abbreviated cruise or just a cruise to nowhere. If this info is accurate a lot of the good will generated by the offer will disappear very quickly.

I would keep that letter and later write to Princess to get what was promised.

Why is suing the answer to things? Sh** happens and lawsuits only generate demand for lawyers who really add little to society. The judicial system is in the business of creating useless demand for non values added wast of human capital. That is a tongue in cheek comment as the judicial system has a key place in keeping society in order but has run crazy and a huge wast if human capital in the us

I did not say sue, look again, I posted a response about suing!

I can't believe how entitled people feel.. None of this is Princess' fault. They are under no obligation to offer anything.. If they offer anything it's just good public relations not because they're responsible for the missed or shortened cruise. Be thankful they offer anything..

Ships have the "right of way" in the ship channel, the barge/tug was the "give way" vessel!

This is a bad oil spill, will affect the area for a long time, hope you get to sail soon! Clean up proceeding, north wind pushing oil into the Gulf.

The Meeting Situation

At times there may be some doubt whether the situation is a crossing or a head-on meeting. In case of doubt, you should assume that it is a meeting situation, in which neither vessel has a clear-cut "right-of-way," and each must act to avoid the other. Each vessel in a meeting situation must alter course to starboard so that each will pass on the port side of the other.

Looks like we sail today and get two ports and 50% credit value up to the value this sailing. Those that get off get full refund as originally promised. Hmm good or bad? Almost sounds like they are going back on their promise of free cruise.

For me personally I think it is just okay. They originally promised us 100% and even one for port and isn't worth 100% more cost for just one more stop as I really did want Belize and Roatan and now get neither

This is certainly conflicting info! I would go with the written word and hold them to it.

The Carnival Magic is leaving right now. (2:30 pm)

Doug

Don't think it is leaving. Looks like Magic and Triumph are simply exchanging places. The Triumph docked at a cargo dock but could not disembark passengers there. Now Magic appears to be dock where the Triumph had been dock. Triumph is docking at the Cruise terminal.

I can't believe how entitled people feel.. None of this is Princess' fault. They are under no obligation to offer anything.. If they offer anything it's just good public relations not because they're responsible for the missed or shortened cruise. Be thankful they offer anything..

Agree

But what they are responsible for is making good on an offer that they originally presented.

While both offers are quite generous, I'm sure a lot of people made their decisions to stay/leave based on the original offer (which IMO was a much better offer).

Don't think it is leaving. Looks like Magic and Triumph are simply exchanging places. The Triumph docked at a cargo dock but could not disembark passengers there. Now Magic appears to be dock where the Triumph had been dock. Triumph is docking at the Cruise terminal.

And with a swap of spots I figure CCL expects to have both ships in port a while...otherwise what would it hurt to add 30-60-90 minutes on to Triumph hold to debark time...I know for those heading home just more pain...but easier to wait and move only once. I suspect the USCG is not ready to open channel to anyone right yet. Only time will tell.

Princess mistake was sending the letter. Lots of us made a decision based on that promise. If we would have known things would change and they would go back on their word, our decision to stay would have been different. I appreciate Princess trying to do the right thing for everyone involved, but they gave us their word and are now going back on it. We now have 10 minutes (was told we have to make a decision by 3pm) to try to decide what to do and make alternative plans. DH is on the phone now with Princess. This is a very upsetting situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Triumph was at a berth without a terminal. They will now begin disembarkation & embarkation. The other ship moved because it is now required to do some hull cleaning thanks to the spill and to allow Triumph to be at a terminal. All of this according to John Heald on Facebook.

There's a difference to having to offer something (which they don't), and offering something and then changing it.

If the original letter had said something like 'this may change based on changes to docking situation' or similar, they'd be ok, but people made decisions based on one thing and now are being told something else, which is poor customer relations regardless of whether the offer was obligatory or not.

The Meeting Situation

At times there may be some doubt whether the situation is a crossing or a head-on meeting. In case of doubt, you should assume that it is a meeting situation, in which neither vessel has a clear-cut "right-of-way," and each must act to avoid the other. Each vessel in a meeting situation must alter course to starboard so that each will pass on the port side of the other.

Except for vessels constrained by draft.

Princess mistake was sending the letter. Lots of us made a decision based on that promise. If we would have known things would change and they would go back on their word, our decision to stay would have been different. I appreciate Princess trying to do the right thing for everyone involved, but they gave us their word and are now going back on it. We now have 10 minutes (was told we have to make a decision by 3pm) to try to decide what to do and make alternative plans. DH is on the phone now with Princess. This is a very upsetting situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What ports did they say you get?

Great beaches are of no value when the air temperature is in the 50s.

Also, great beaches may be found in Texas at South Padre Island and in many places in Florida.

Galveston beaches may be considered great only by people who like dark brown sand and do not care if they cannot see their feet when they are in ankle deep water.

Since Houston as one of the country's busiest seaports has ships coming and going 24x7, globs of oil sometimes (often?) come ashore at the beach in Galveston. Besides brown water one has to watch out for other things.

Galveston port cam shows all three ships in port right now and Bayport cam shows CB in port as well. No one is going anywhere now thus it looks bad for any departure today. Hopefully they can depart soon.

Rumor is that the letter has been removed from our cabins. I will be back at my cabin and see if that is true. I hope not or my goodwill will evaporate. I know they are still being generous. It's the talk of tea time and there was a guy yelling in the promenade that Princess lied to us.

One of our table mates is going to the cabin to check.

Get out the popcorn

Cozumel and Costa Maya. I thought Princess (carnival) was handling the situation quite well but now, re reading the letter we received, I agree with Loonbeam and am not happy with what was promised in print yesterday and today's new "offer". Just my two cents!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I agree they should have held off an offer if they weren't going to honor it. I would be very very upset if something that was delivered to me was removed from my cabin. I hope the letters are still there.

Edited by chris2597