WTH is going on with NCL call center?

nbsjcruiser

I've tried calling 3 times today about an existing reservation. First time I was on hold for 23 minutes, second time 64 minutes and now 22 minutes. They on strike or something? I even tried calling in as if I was making a new reservation and its as long as well.

Great service they got there.

I've tried calling 3 times today about an existing reservation. First time I was on hold for 23 minutes, second time 64 minutes and now 22 minutes. They on strike or something? I even tried calling in as if I was making a new reservation and its as long as well.

I got through about 11:00 am with a 2 minute hold.

They musta known it was you on hold!;)

Kidding!

Does the call center think that , NCL should raised their prices, then less people would call ? ;)

Edited by $hip$hape

I have been calling all day, staying on hold for 30 to 40 minutes each time. A couple of times I got a "This number is no longer in service". No I did not dial the wrong number I used speed dial. :confused:

I called their head office number. Apparently there was a disruption in their phone systems this morning and now they're backed up. You'd think they'd put that on the recording with an approximate wait time.

I just emailed my PCC, she's in the Arizona call center and all I get is a busy signal when I call.

Hoping to book the new Escape TA tomorrow when it opens for Latitudes bookings. Not a biggie if I don't get it booked then, but just wanted to get it done

My PCC emailed me they were having phone issues today.

I emailed our PCC today too. I am wondering if the Escape's TA can be booked tomorrow......it looks like maybe only the Escape's Eastern Caribbean cruises can be booked and not the TA. I don't want to wait 3 more weeks to book. :)

I emailed our PCC today too. I am wondering if the Escape's TA can be booked tomorrow......it looks like maybe only the Escape's Eastern Caribbean cruises can be booked and not the TA. I don't want to wait 3 more weeks to book. :)

My PCC emailed me back also about the phone issues. I told her I wanted to book the TA and she didn't indicated I would not be able to. Fingers crossed! I'm on her list to call me tomorrow. Will see what happens

I also tried to get NCL for a final payment. Tried different phone numbers only to have to wait with the same recording . Very frustrating as I waited almost 2 hours with my 3 phone calls. Finally went on line and was finally able to make my payment. Totally annoyed with NCL.

Tell me about it. I was on hold for almost 1/2 hour the first time and got cut off. Did some other things for a while, then tried again and this time I have been on hold for over 2 hours and my call still has not been answered.

And the only reason I resorted to the phone was because I cannot access shore excursion booking etc, online through my account. That has been "down" for over a week now. I got tired of waiting (cruise is in 27 days) so decided to try the phone.

Not a great introduction for a first time NCL cruiser. (Not first cruise, but first booked on NCL)

:(

I wonder if the phones lines are busy with people calling about the Norwegian Jewel that has been docked since Saturday at the Bayport Terminal in Houston due to a barge accident?

Sure looks like open ocean in front of the Jewel. Since she is sailing from New Orleans, I don't think this is having any effect.:rolleyes:

Tell me about it. I was on hold for almost 1/2 hour the first time and got cut off. Did some other things for a while, then tried again and this time I have been on hold for over 2 hours and my call still has not been answered.

And the only reason I resorted to the phone was because I cannot access shore excursion booking etc, online through my account. That has been "down" for over a week now. I got tired of waiting (cruise is in 27 days) so decided to try the phone.

Not a great introduction for a first time NCL cruiser. (Not first cruise, but first booked on NCL)

:(

Thought it was just me. I can't access my reservation online either since Friday the 14th. No one at NCL seems to know why or when it will be fixed or what is going on. With their phones down this morning, and spending hours on hold over the past week, it's getting very frustrating since we sail in 28 days.

I posted about this a couple of weeks ago. I called multiple times and waited varying lengths of time without ever speaking to anyone. The longest I held was about 65 mins.

I posted a comment on NCL's facebook. In response to my post I was asked to email socialmedia @ ncl and received a response to my email within a couple of days.

here is there reply:

I do apologize for the wait time. I’ve reached out to our team internally asking that they assist you with your reservation. Please note that because it is the weekend, you might not hear back until early next week. With that said, please do let me know if you haven’t heard anything by Tuesday.

I was trying to call since Weds, and I did in fact hear back on the following Tuesday. :(

I was told that they were having very high call volumes due to the current promotions and they have hired and are training a ton of new call center personnel.

That probably doesn't have anything to do with what happened if there was a phone outage but I thought it was relevant to the thread.

I had problems all last week trying to get through to NCL customer service. I finally got on the NCL website and left a message for them to call me back. Someone called me about 2 hours later to answer my question. This seems to be the best approach from what I have read unfortunately.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thought I'd post a follow-up to my comment yesterday.

Today I called, was answered almost immediately and able to book my shore excursions very quickly. A total of about 10 minutes for everything!

I hope others who are still trying to get through have better luck today as well.

The website is still not working for accessing my reservation, but at least I got the excursions booked, so I feel much better about everything today!

:)