Odds of Sitting Together in MDR

Asking this question I realize there is no absolute answer and we most likely will be hoping the gods show favor. My immediate family has been booked on Explorer OS for some time and we were able to get 600pm MDR. Last week we just added Grandmom last week and she is at 830pm MDR wait listed for 600pm. What are the chances of her getting the 600pm?

Obviously, if she doesn't we will just not eat in the MDR. Just curious, as I know there are lots of experts here. Thanks!

For bonus points, we most likely will add Grandmom and Pop In-Law's booked next week who will also need to be wait listed. What are the chances of all of us getting to sit together in the MDR? :)

Pretty good, but be sure all the resi's are linked. Check your set sail cards after checking in to see if everyone has the same table, if not, head for the mdr after boarding

Edited by setsail

Asking this question I realize there is no absolute answer and we most likely will be hoping the gods show favor. My immediate family has been booked on Explorer OS for some time and we were able to get 600pm MDR. Last week we just added Grandmom last week and she is at 830pm MDR wait listed for 600pm. What are the chances of her getting the 600pm?

Obviously, if she doesn't we will just not eat in the MDR. Just curious, as I know there are lots of experts here. Thanks!

For bonus points, we most likely will add Grandmom and Pop In-Law's booked next week who will also need to be wait listed. What are the chances of all of us getting to sit together in the MDR? :)

Email rcldining@rccl.com and explain their issue. They'll do their best to get you all at the same seating for dinner and sitting together.

Enjoy your cruise!

Try talking to the maître d when yo get onboard & even if they can't do it day 1, talk to them again the next day. We were having a bad experience with MTD and on day 3 they were able to switch us to early dining for the rest of the cruise, so keep asking because it doesn't hurt to try.

Wow! Thanks for the responses and you have given me hope. Love the cruise critic crew! Thank you!

We had a similar issue (I posted about it earlier today). I sent an email to a dining rep i dealt with last year and within about 10 minutes she had moved 2 of our group of 14 that booked late and had MTD to the early dining with the rest of us. We are two weeks from sailing.

We are so happy!

Just curious - if I email rcldining@rccl.com - will I get a response or does it go into the abyss and you find on on embarkation day. Also, my party is one adult, plus three kids and we are looking to add another adult. Thanks again for the tips!

You should get a response.

You don't mention how many people are in your party, but it is no big deal to add one person to a table of 8, 10 or 12.

Shirley, Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Don't try that at my table. There is not enough room between the chairs to get in and out and you'd be bumping elbows.

Just curious - if I email rcldining@rccl.com - will I get a response or does it go into the abyss and you find on on embarkation day. Also, my party is one adult, plus three kids and we are looking to add another adult. Thanks again for the tips!

I usually gets response saying the request has been noted and they will do their best to accommodate. So best o email and follow up on board. Or call and explain the situation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Out of boredom and curiosity, I decided to check my Mom's Booking Dashboard on RCCL website. She has already been upgraded to the 6:00pm seating and we are all set! Thank you all for your ideas and tips!

Good deal. :) Don't forget to link the reservations together now that you've all got the same dining time.

Good deal. :) Don't forget to link the reservations together now that you've all got the same dining time.

Yes make sure your reservations are linked or you and your family may be at one table and Grandma at a different table. Enjoy your cruise.

I can't speak for Royal Caribbean, but my last cruise was on a Carnival ship. I was with a party of 10 and the travel agent screwed up our dinning and 2 people booked with someone else. We were all supposed to be eating together but that all got screwed up. The first night we spoke to the all and powerful food guys and they took care of it for us so everyone got to sit together.

Edited by Selluks