No limes on the reflection

Can somebody please explain to me how a cruise ship sets sail for 2 consecutive sailings without any limes. I am currently on the Reflection and there is not a single lime to be had anywhere on the ship. So far I have had a mojito with lemon and offered a corona with lemon. Oh well, other than that the ship and cruise have been absolutely amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

First world problems, but definitely understand your frustration, some drinks jus call for a lime........

When we were on the Reflection there were lines all over the place. lines to get into the theatre, lines for the tenders, lines for eating in Blu. It is hard to believe that there are no lines on the Reflection, or on any other Celebrity Ship for that matter. :cool:

My first laugh of the day...thanks

Heaven forbid that one should go on a cruise and not be able to get any limes. Its an absolute disgrace and the Executive Head Chef should be severely chastised.

Back in the day this would never have happened. Soon we will get cruisers coming home after their seven day sojourn with scurvy. I can think of nothing worse than drinking an ice cold Corona in the evening sun with a wedge of lime. Give me strength.

Excellent....lol

I think all cruises should be immediately cancelled because of this disaster. Otherwise scurvy may be running rampant. What a disaster and something that must be giving every food and beverage manager sleepless nights. :rolleyes:

Why the "incredibly clever" (:rolleyes:) posts mocking the complaint? Many of us can afford only one vacation a year and our drink of choice made correctly is an important part of making the vacation perfect. If you really think about it, even if the price of limes HAS quadrupled, it's still an extremely small component of the drink's total cost - suck it up Celebrity.

Ooooh, so that's why limes have gone from 10 for $1.00 to 69 cents each at my local fruit and veggie stand! Interesting to know if the shortage is real or planned to manage the price.

It's a combination of crop damage in the south and growers trying to keep price up. See my earlier post on page one.

I used to pack limes all of the time on Princess when we used to pack a small supply of gin for our cabin. No lectures, please! No problems. I think it is only a problem if you bring on any fruits or vegetables from a foreign port.

I used to pack limes all of the time on Princess when we used to pack a small supply of gin for our cabin. No lectures, please! No problems. I think it is only a problem if you bring on any fruits or vegetables from a foreign port.

one has to do what one has got to do. I just hope that once brought on board you ditched what was left and take them ashore again to avoid any cross contamination. As an island nation dependant upon our agriculture and horticulture we are very conscious about such things.

I am curious why lemons are not a satisfactory substitute if limes are not available as mixers in drinks. From my perspective it is the tart citrus flavour which is most important. I probably couldn't taste the difference in a G & T or a Corona anyway

Heaven forbid that one should go on a cruise and not be able to get any limes. Its an absolute disgrace and the Executive Head Chef should be severely chastised.

Back in the day this would never have happened. Soon we will get cruisers coming home after their seven day sojourn with scurvy. I can think of nothing worse than drinking an ice cold Corona in the evening sun with a wedge of lime. Give me strength.

What's wrong with a Corona with a wedge of lime???

There are a couple of events (cooking demos, galley tours etc.) where the executive chef does q&a - would be great opportunity to raise this. It seems quite ridiculous so I hope he comes up with something good. :D

(an even better follow-up question would whether his former boss, one Mr. Ramsay, would find that acceptable :D:D)

We were on the Reflection 3/15/14 and attended the Galley Tour where the question was posed and the executive chef stated there was a severe shortage due to a bad crop from the weather. Pretty much out of control of the cruise lines and restaurant industry and in the scheme of things...not a big deal IMHO.

We're taking Connie across the pond next month, and I can't have my bloody mary without a lime. I guess I'm going to have to bring a few on board during embarkation. I would hope there won't be a celery shortage. :rolleyes:

A gin and tonic is not a gin and tonic without the lime - simple as that. I'm glad I'm not cruising until November - will check on the status then and will pack my own if need be!

Y'all be careful bringing fruit thru customs if you are passing thru CA or another foreign county.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app

:eek:

How are they making Margaritas?

Most likely with a margarita mix, like we do at home. Very few places make them the traditional way with real lime

Edited by 4cats4me