So is there a limit on beverage packages or not????

Paris334

I keep reading there's no limit and a friend has contacted her travel agent to ask and was told there is NO LIMIT. But we were on the Constellation last week and when we discussed upgrading to the premium package, my husband grabbed a flyer from the bar guy and it CLEARLY said "$50 daily limit" under the Classic package and "$59 daily limit" under the Premium package. I WISH I would have taken a picture - we discussed the fact that it didn't even make sense because you paid $10 daily to upgrade but could only get $9 more worth of drinks! But we did it anyway so we wouldn't have to worry about the price of any given drink and I wasn't so sure I believed they actually enforced the limit anyway since I'd read so many times there is no limit.

I so wish I'd have taken a picture of that flyer - maybe I misinterpreted it but I'm not sure how I would have!

Edited by Paris334
I swear I know the difference between "flier" and "flyer" - my mind is clearly still on vacation!

I can't find anything about this at all on Celebrity's website - in fact the don't flat-out say it's unlimited but it's heavily implied when they say things like, "Nothing to worry about," and things like that!

No limit on our recent Summit cruise. ;) Believe me, I was way over the $59 mark on our premium package. And, no I wasn't always drunk but enjoyed my fresh squeezed grapefruit daily, followed by a good coffee, then water bottles. Then pre-dinner cocktails and lots of wine with dinner.

Agreed - 1313steve! I so wish I'd have taken a picture! But I know it said that on the flyer in relation to something! It's driving me BONKERS! Wish I would have spent more time to read it but we both agreed it said that. Also - lots of college kids on that trip - they would have been HORRIFIED by their bills if it was really $50 or $59/day!

And, I'd only had my one glass of welcome champagne at that time since we looked at it right away, LOL.

Just booked the Silhouette for Thanksgiving 14. They are running a promotion for certain cabins if booked by 4-15 that include all beverages including alcohol. This was a game changer to me as my credit card bill when getting off the ship will be much less than in years past:). Does not say anything about how many drinks a day and you can upgrade to the premium drinks for 7 bucks a day.

We didn't ask because we didn't really think we'd spend more than $59/day anyway, though I'm guessing we did. We were charged around $5 twice in the dining room - I asked for a glass of Chardonnay and can only assume that having the Premium package and having these charges means that she gave me an $18+ glass of wine! (Approximately $5 over the $13 limit with the Premium package.) We definitely bought drinks AFTER dinner and were never charged for those so if there was a limit we were not over it during dinner when I ordered those glasses of wine!

We weren't charged for anything other than the two ~ $5 charges in the dining room so I am sure there's no limit.

No, there is no limit. Upgrading to premium is 11.50/day ($10 +15% gratuity). If there was a limit we surely would've gone over!! When I had wine at dinner the sommelier kept refilling my glass before I even finished! I finally had to ask him to stop! If there was a limit he wouldn't have done that....I don't think. I will be looking for that flyer when we board next month, I'm curious what it was.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You can see the flyer here: http://www.thepreismans.com/ecarib_reflection_menus.htm#package

The premium package COSTS $59 per day - it doesn't LIMIT you to $59 per day. There is NO limit. I welcome anyone at all to produce evidence to the contrary.

That's what I was thinking as I read this. What would be the point if the limit was the cost of the package?

Definitely no $ limit - friends we cruised with on Solstice would have hit that by lunchtime lol. We would have reached it after dinner each day - loved CellarMasters for wine & Michaels for whisky, oh...and the martini bar. And the sunset bar in the afternoon. And the pool bar during the day. And the freshly squeezed juice with breakfast. And the coffee's. Yep, loved the premium package :D We paid for it last time - this cruise we are getting the classic for free and just paying the upgrade - amazingly good value!

Our wine waiter was fantastic and would give us a bottle each night at dinner, and gave us many wines that weren't on the "by the glass" menu, as did the lovely girl in CellarMasters. After day 2 we never had to show our cards there, she new us by name, and each day she would give us new wines to experience.

Cheers

Ando

Edited by Ando

technically there is a limit.. all bar staff reserves the right to cut you off if you are obviously intoxicated or become 'irksome' and disruptive.

And don't forget, that there are many other options available to drink than the alcoholic kind. maybe someone that is on a caffeine high would be "irksome":rolleyes:

I keep reading there's no limit and a friend has contacted her travel agent to ask and was told there is NO LIMIT. But we were on the Constellation last week and when we discussed upgrading to the premium package, my husband grabbed a flyer from the bar guy and it CLEARLY said "$50 daily limit" under the Classic package and "$59 daily limit" under the Premium package. I WISH I would have taken a picture - we discussed the fact that it didn't even make sense because you paid $10 daily to upgrade but could only get $9 more worth of drinks! But we did it anyway so we wouldn't have to worry about the price of any given drink and I wasn't so sure I believed they actually enforced the limit anyway since I'd read so many times there is no limit.

I so wish I'd have taken a picture of that flyer - maybe I misinterpreted it but I'm not sure how I would have!

Since I don't have the brochure in front of me I'm going to guess that the word "limit" refers to dollar limit. For example under the classic package the dollar limit you can order is up to $8 for cocktails and for the premium package the dollar limit would be $ 10 or $12 (don't remember the actual dollar limit on that package).

Edited by Iamcruzin

Just got back from the Reflection on the weekend and we had the 123 Go drink package (classic) and didn't have any limit. It was really nice to be able to order what we wanted (within the offerings of the Classic package) and we both had several specialty coffees, non-alcoholic drinks, wines, mixed etc.

Did you find that you were ok with just the Classic Package? Our thoughts are that we are going to try it for the first couple of days and if need be upgrade to the premium on the cruise.

Brenda

We found we were okay with it---we're not big drinkers and the only major differences for us was the size of the martinis! They were served in a smaller glass than what you would get with the Premium pkg. and really that just meant my husband had to order a couple more ;) If you're a vodka aficionado for example, you may want to upgrade to the Premium since you are offered Grey Goose instead of Absolut (although we've had Smirnoff on other cruises---they were 'sold out' on this one last week).

The wines were okay for us--Wente Cabernet for red suited us fine and our Sommelier at dinner actually gave us some other tastings that were quite nice (and not a part of the classic pkg.)

What we really appreciated were the non-alcoholic drinks and specialty coffees and they were more than adequate with the classic pkg. But of course it's all a matter of what your preferences are. We just couldn't justify the $11.50/day US (correct me if I'm wrong) upgrade and found the Classic offerings more than adequate.

Thanks for the info. I can handle a small martini and if need be I can have another one!! We are mainly red wine, rye and beer drinkers with a few after dinner drinks so I am sure we will be able to find something that will quench our thirsts!! I guess people have to stop and remember that at some all inclusives you are very limited to what is being served and I am still able to find something to drink. :)

Looking forward to our cruise especailly right now when the snow is falling yet again!!

Brenda

Did you find that you were ok with just the Classic Package? Our thoughts are that we are going to try it for the first couple of days and if need be upgrade to the premium on the cruise.

Brenda

As previously said. If you are fond of the high level drinks i.e. Martinis, 12 Year Old Single Malt, Grey Goose vodka etc the Premium Package is for you and represents good value. As for myself and my partner the Classic Package covers all our needs. I am not overly fond of the "craft" beers a bottle of Corona or Bud is fine by me. Similarly my fav drink is G & T with Gordons my preferred choice. My other half enjoys the selection of cocktails and her default is Rose wine with Celebrity serving her favourite brand, Beringer. So as I said its horses for courses.

Thanks for the info. I can handle a small martini and if need be I can have another one!! We are mainly red wine, rye and beer drinkers with a few after dinner drinks so I am sure we will be able to find something that will quench our thirsts!! I guess people have to stop and remember that at some all inclusives you are very limited to what is being served and I am still able to find something to drink. :)

Looking forward to our cruise especailly right now when the snow is falling yet again!!

Brenda

That's the main reason for us booking the cruise on the Reflection last week! What a brutal winter this has been--and I'm not too far from you and when I looked out the window this afternoon, it was like a blizzard! Hard to believe we were sitting out on Deck 15 less than a week ago, drinking a Miami Vice and enjoying the heat and sunshine!

We were fine with all the offerings for the Classic pkg. Okay Prosecco, the Pinot Grigio was okay too! And since you like reds, the Wente Cab was very nice----smooth almost velvety and VERY drinkable!