No Limes on the ALLURE!!

S&DMOM

Posts like these (and the many before these). I just don't get it.

I literally read posts on these boards every day to the effect of which side of the room the bed is on, what ply toilet paper they have in the bathrooms, who the headliner guests are going to be for a cruise a year away, and which bartender will be on which ship next year.

Nobody bats an eyelash. BUT, when somebody posts that you can't get something that is a staple in many drinks and apparently their specialty restaurants, people laugh and roll their eyes. :confused:

It is the way of internet forums no matter what the subject of the forum is. Cruise Critic is very tame as compared to sonme other forums I am a member of! :cool:

I hate to not talk about limes, but I had a question for the OP. You stated that you had no problems with the package at Vintages. Were there any restrictions on the wines? For instance, could I order Caymus cab for the difference in price ($18-$12=$6). Just looking for some validation first hand. Thanks.

Am I the only one who is highly entertained about the 4 page disscussion of LIMES?!?!?!?

Reading this was a great way to start my slow morning at work. #firstworldproblems

Clearly, you've never had a vacation ruined by a citrus related emergency. :D

I am laughing, but if I lived in Canada and had to pony up $1.50 for one lime, I might be a bit irritated. They're much cheaper here in Texas even now. We may grow some in state, even if the majority come from Mexico. Not sure.

Nobody bats an eyelash. BUT, when somebody posts that you can't get something that is a staple in many drinks and apparently their specialty restaurants, people laugh and roll their eyes. :confused:

Oh the HUGE manatee!

If this reference is lost on you kruzerci, google it.

Edited by poncho1973

Posts like these (and the many before these). I just don't get it.

I literally read posts on these boards every day to the effect of which side of the room the bed is on, what ply toilet paper they have in the bathrooms, who the headliner guests are going to be for a cruise a year away, and which bartender will be on which ship next year.

I'm actually not being sarcastic. I was googling drink recipes this week and almost every one required fresh lime juice. I was shopping yesterday and I didn't want to spend 80 cents on a measly lime but I thought of those drinks in my head and I splurged and bought two.

And I am quite thrifty.

Am I the only one who is highly entertained about the 4 page disscussion of LIMES?!?!?!?

Reading this was a great way to start my slow morning at work. #firstworldproblems

I don't mind this thread. I love the title. It is one of my all time favorites.

I think it's the !! that does it for me. I love a good application of punctuation.

On Legend Members Cruise one night they ran out of Green Olives for the Martinis in the DL, the bartender then substituted Black Olives.:eek:

lol

My pet peeve is that they drain all the liquid out of the olives before they stock them at the bar in the lounges. So you get dry & depleted olives in your martini.

But that is for another thread.

• 2 weeks later...

There were no limes on the 4/6 sailing of Allures. We did the Behind the Scenes Tour and the Procurement Manager said it's a real problem getting limes right now. Interestingly we did the Salsa, Salsa and Margarita's Excursion in Cozumel and they had plenty of limes for our salsa's and the Margarita's we made.

Just returned from the Allure OTS. I purchased the Premium Package and loved it!

Also used the package in Vintages with no problems. This was my favorite place to grab a glass of wine.

Any questions?

Lime crisis aside, I really enjoy a great glass of wine as well. How does the Premium Package work in Vintages with the max $12 inclusive limit? Can you order the exotic vintages as well? Are the 2oz glasses for $10-12 included. Will they allow you another 2oz glass right away? Or are we limited to only selected house wines. I'm really stuck on the fence on ordering this package but this would really help sway my decision:D

Thanks!

From my understanding based on other threads you can buy a glass of more expensive wine no matter which alcohol pkg you have and just pay the difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

That is correct. We had more expensive wine in the specialty restaurants and only paid the difference between the package price and the price of the wine.

The reason I ask is because looking at an older menu for Vintages they also show 2oz pours of higher end wines for around $12/glass. Was wondering if they still do this and if they qualify with the drink package? Wouldn't mind sampling a few classics ;)

The reason I ask is because looking at an older menu for Vintages they also show 2oz pours of higher end wines for around $12/glass. Was wondering if they still do this and if they qualify with the drink package? Wouldn't mind sampling a few classics ;)

People have reported that only full glasses of wine are included in the packages.

I sailed on Carnival Victory March 31- April 5, no limes on Carnival either. I did decide my mojito was good with lemon. :-) sailing in 3 weeks on Enchantment and I'm sure it won't ruin my trip.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

:):)

Cruise Survey:

Was your cruise awesome?

[ ] Yes

[x] No

If no, please explain: No limes, entire cruise ruined. Need refund.

How was your service?

[ ] Amazing

[x] Horrible

If horrible, please explain: My drink had no lime. Asked crew member to make limes. He said he can't make limes. He fails at life.

Additional comments: Can't cruise without limes. It's not the same. Feel dread thinking about cruising again. Have severe fear of rickets and unable to watch shows, take excursions, sleep, eat food, read books, or even stare/laugh manically at people falling down on FlowRider® because of lime deficiency. Hate life. Overwhelming sense of loss and self-loathing. I can't see how the thousands I paid for this vacation are worth it without limes. Someone should invade Mexico and get lime production back up to snuff.

Edited by poncho1973

cruise survey:

was your cruise awesome?

[ ] yes

[x] no

if no, please explain: no limes, entire cruise ruined. Need refund.

how was your service?

[ ] amazing

[x] horrible

if horrible, please explain: my drink had no lime. Asked crew member to make limes. He said he can't make limes. He fails at life.

additional comments: can't cruise without limes. It's not the same. Feel dread thinking about cruising again. Have severe fear of rickets and unable to watch shows, take excursions, sleep, read books, or even manically stare at people falling down on flowrider® because of lime deficiency. Hate life. Overwhelming sense of loss and self-loathing.

Ha Ha Ha! :)

Edited by MandyMooToo

So happy to hear I can enjoy a nice Corona with lime on deck :)

So you have the cute avatar too.:)

Great to see you on the boards. I think you and Lisa are on CC the same amount, another words a small fraction of what Dave and I log. :D

So you have the cute avatar too.:)

Great to see you on the boards. I think you and Lisa are on CC the same amount, another words a small fraction of what Dave and I log. :D

LOL, she's been known to only post right before cruise time :D

Cruise Survey:

Was your cruise awesome?

[ ] Yes

[x] No

If no, please explain: No limes, entire cruise ruined. Need refund.

How was your service?

[ ] Amazing

[x] Horrible

If horrible, please explain: My drink had no lime. Asked crew member to make limes. He said he can't make limes. He fails at life.

Additional comments: Can't cruise without limes. It's not the same. Feel dread thinking about cruising again. Have severe fear of rickets and unable to watch shows, take excursions, sleep, eat food, read books, or even stare/laugh manically at people falling down on FlowRider® because of lime deficiency. Hate life. Overwhelming sense of loss and self-loathing. I can't see how the thousands I paid for this vacation are worth it without limes. Someone should invade Mexico and get lime production back up to snuff.

lol;)