Dynamic Dining

I just glanced over some of the comments in here but there sure does seem to be a lot of negativity towards the "Dynamic Dining" that RCCL is now offering.

I will be honest, Quantum and Anthem had me semi-interested but nothing about them really had me wanting to go on them. Sure, some cool things like RipCord and SeaPlex are pretty neat, but aside from those two things, nothing really grabbed my attention about the new class. Then Dynamic Dining was revealed.

After watching the videos, looking over all of the different restaurants and all of their menus, I honestly can say this new approach to at sea dining has awaken my desire to sail one of these ships, whether it be Quantum, Anthem, "Quantum III" or any future ships they build in this class.

As human beings we all hate change sometimes. I am no different. But sitting here saying something sucks without ever having experienced anything like it before is a little bit absurd. I've never been on NCL, but in my opinion, comparing the "Freestyle Dining" to "Dynamic Dining" is like comparing apples to oranges. Two completely different concepts.

There are some things that I will miss from a "traditional cruise" when on board one of these ships, I'm sure. Things others have mentioned like not having the same wait staff each night. Or getting to know another family from half way around the world because you were fortunate enough to be assigned to a table with them for a 7 day vacation.

But look at the flip side. How often do we see threads get posted when speaking of the main dining room and attire? Or what about all the negativity surrounding the main dining room because it's "too crowded" or too loud. Or being left with trying to find somewhere else to eat like the Windjammer or a specialty restaurant you have to pay for because the menu in the main dining room doesn't appeal to you on a given night? I see this as Royal Caribbean's answer to those problems.

We all here are loyal to Royal for more or less one reason. And that's because Royal Caribbean delivers an unforgettable vacation. And no pun intended but "wow" came right out of my mouth as I was watching videos and looked over all of the different venues offered on Quantum and Anthem. I think this is an absolutely fantastic idea and am very excited to experience it all in person fall 2015 when Anthem comes to Florida.

I guess to sum my longer than expected comment up, don't knock it until you try it. And worse case scenario, if it's not your forte and you prefer a more traditional experience, there are 21 other ships in the fleet for you to choose from.

The only thing left now is, will Royal Caribbean begin to implement this on ships in future scheduled dry dock refurbishments? Judging by the first post, I say it is in the works.

• 1 year later...

It's an old thread/post, but here goes.

This will be our first cruise since 2010, so we're glad to be back with RCCL.

This Dynamic Dining thing actually sounds awesome! We're both looking forward to experiencing it. The only "extra paid" meals we'll do is a night at Chops Grille and a night at the Chef's Table. Otherwise, the rest is do as we wish and whatever time is available. Realizing the two of us like to eat prior to 7pm, I figure on walking in at the choices we have and eating anytime between 4-6pm. This sounds ideal to us.

The ONLY "con" or drawback to dynamic dining (so far) seems to be we wouldn't be seated with the same people every evening and we also wouldn't have the same waiters, presumably.

Any other "cons" I am missing out, please let me know. Thanks!

• 3 months later...
Dynamic Dining is a dining option ONLY ON QUANTUM CLASS SHIPS. It gives you a choice of where you want to eat when you want to eat. SIMPLE:).

This thread is almost two years old. Not reading (or re-reading) it, but there is likely obsolete information that may no longer be relevant. Dynamic Dining was intended to be rolled out, starting with Oasis - that's why the MDR was changed over. That did not happen.

Dynamic Dining was intended to be rolled out, starting with Oasis - that's why the MDR was changed over.

Not exactly - Quantum class had it as a design feature from the get go and RCI hoped to also offer it on Oasis class, hence the modification of MDR during dry dock.

Not exactly - Quantum class had it as a design feature from the get go and RCI hoped to also offer it on Oasis class, hence the modification of MDR during dry dock.

Yes - that is what I said.

Really no reason to continue the conversation on a two year old post, when most people here already know what happened with dynamic dining and those that don't may get confused by the obsolete information that may be in this post.