Quantum Reveal Review

So this is it?

After all the hush hush and waiting we have "freestyle dining" as NCL.

I said it at the beginning of the first "WOW" reveal that this ship isn't justifying the secrecy since it's only a larger Solstice class ship and will not be such a leap forward in the Cruise history as they try to make us belive.

They know so well they don't have anything really "new" with this larger Solstice class ship so they try hard with all this secrecy make us belive they have something that will blow us away.

Also look at the interior design showned of the restaurants. They look dated and old fashioned in a way. I've just today looked at the new P&O ship Britannia and it looks way more up to date and interesting than the new RCI ships. Pity! I had high hopes that the interior design would WOW me, but so far only the standard cabins have impressed me with their high standard. Suites look dull and booring.

Summary

This was an amazing event. At first, I was suspect about not having a main dining room, and wondered if these restaurants were going to be specialty $$$ restaurants but after seeing the different venues, seeing the menus and tasting the food – Dynamic Dining is going to be a huge success. Throw in a 24 x 7 Windjammer, lobster everyday and the fact that Café 270 will have Roast Beef sandwiches…. Quantum is going to be great.

Upon leaving we received a gift bag with a bottle of Quantum Wine, and all of the menus from the new restaurants.

13435517404_b9e858fee9.jpg

Bottom Line - Quantum sinks Breakaway like Oasis sank Epic.

This is Ken Jarvis and I approve this review.

So this is it?

I said it at the beginning of the first "WOW" reveal that this ship isn't justifying the secrecy since it's only a larger Solstice class ship and will not be such a leap forward in the Cruise history as they try to make us belive.

They know so well they don't have anything really "new" with this larger Solstice class ship so they try hard with all this secrecy make us belive they have something that will blow us away.

Also look at the interior design showned of the restaurants. They look dated and old fashioned in a way. I've just today looked at the new P&O ship Britannia and it looks way more up to date and interesting than the new RCI ships. Pity! I had high hopes that the interior design would WOW me, but so far only the standard cabins have impressed me with their high standard. Suites look dull and booring.

You sound fun.

Dynamic Dining sounds just like a COPY of NCL's 'Freestyle' to me. That represents a big departure for 'Royal Caribbean'.

I must say that Epic, Breakaway and Getaway's choice of dining venues and flexibility were making RC's 'Main Dining Room' concept look rather outdated.

I assume like NCL, formality will be discarded as well?

'Dynamic Dining' will also provide more opportunities for additional dining fees than ever before - NCL style again.

The problem with so many dining space on a ship, it leaves little room for the big 'wow' spaces that we have come to love from royal Caribbean.

So the big four dining rooms have NO WINDOWS?

So this is it?

Then may I humbly suggest that you stick with Britannia and leave Quantum to the rest of us who are pretty excited about this new venue.

Summary

This was an amazing event. At first, I was suspect about not having a main dining room, and wondered if these restaurants were going to be specialty $$$ restaurants but after seeing the different venues, seeing the menus and tasting the food – Dynamic Dining is going to be a huge success. Throw in a 24 x 7 Windjammer, lobster everyday and the fact that Café 270 will have Roast Beef sandwiches…. Quantum is going to be great.

Upon leaving we received a gift bag with a bottle of Quantum Wine, and all of the menus from the new restaurants.

What happened to your box of candy?

Dynamic Dining sounds just like a COPY of NCL's 'Freestyle' to me. That represents a big departure for 'Royal Caribbean'.

Nope! Every night is formal night if you want to dine in the Grande Restaurant.

I must say that Epic, Breakaway and Getaway's choice of dining venues and flexibility were making RC's 'Main Dining Room' concept look rather outdated.

'Dynamic Dining' will also provide more opportunities for additional dining fees than ever before - NCL style again.

The problem with so many dining space on a ship, it leaves little room for the big 'wow' spaces that we have come to love from royal Caribbean.

So the big four dining rooms have NO WINDOWS?

The Grande main dining room is formal, every night. You choose what night or nights you want to be your formal night. 4 free main rooms along with Windjammer, 270 Cafe, Sorrentos, Hot Dogs, and Promenade Cafe will all be free. All four of the main dining rooms do have windows.

It does sound a bit like Freestyle dining a la NCL. I loved it when I went on the Epic in January and I never had to book, just rolled up and ate. Not sure I like the idea of having to book every night, and if the Grande restaurant is formal every night, it seems to knock the number of 'free' choices down to three. I rarely eat in the WJ so don't suggest that! I sound like I'm whingeing, but I'm not, I'm making observations, and I will sail the Anthem, although it looks like my next booking will be on the Britannia, which really does look amazing, inside and out.

Thank you Durk for your humble suggestion!

If you see it as something new and exciting then good for you! I see it as something old and disappointing. I'll stick to the Radience class now when Royal didn't come out with something new as they promised. I for sure will not Cruise with NCL.

Enjoy Quantum of the seas!

All the Europeans on this thread hate Quantum...

I don't! :)

Although I think it seems (a little?) like the freestyle cruising concept to me, I like the idea of deciding what and where to eat whenever I feel like it and have a choice of several (complimentary) dining venues.

I was, and maybe more people were, also hoping that they'd revealed more bars and pubs... Hope they will reveal them soon!

Thanks for all the pictures and updates today!

Mark

Thank you Durk for your humble suggestion!

If you see it as something new and exciting then good for you! I see it as something old and disappointing. I'll stick to the Radience class now when Royal didn't come out with something new as they promised. I for sure will not Cruise with NCL.

Enjoy Quantum of the seas!

Lol, ok.

Summary

This sounds great....one question I have is the "premium" options available at the top of a couple of the complimentary menus....are those at an extra cost?