Crown & Anchor question

Hi everyone, I'm new here and it looks like a great forum and great people.:)

We've travelled the Caribbean a lot, but just set up our very first cruise (the Mariner in Feb. 2006). I am an avid collector and user of Frequent Flyer Miles and Hilton HHonors Hotel Points, and noticed some posts on the Crown & Anchor club. It looks on RC's website you can't join Crown & Anchor until AFTER your first cruise with them? Does this sound right, is there a way we can join before we go on our cruise?

Any help is appreciated!

Hi everyone, I'm new here and it looks like a great forum and great people.:)

We've travelled the Caribbean a lot, but just set up our very first cruise (the Mariner in Feb. 2006). I am an avid collector and user of Frequent Flyer Miles and Hilton HHonors Hotel Points, and noticed some posts on the Crown & Anchor club. It looks on RC's website you can't join Crown & Anchor until AFTER your first cruise with them? Does this sound right, is there a way we can join before we go on our cruise?

Any help is appreciated!

You have to complete your first RCI cruise before you can join. Then it's just a matter of signing up online. :)

Beth

As the others have said you can apply after completing your first cruise but you do get credit for that cruise once you are a member. Also keep in mind RCL gives 2 cruise credits for cruises of 12+ days and also for booking a suite.

Even if you could join C&A prior to your first cruise, there isn't any advantage to doing so. RCI wouldn't consider you "gold" (the first level in the program) until after you've earned your first cruise point. You'll earn at least one cruise point for every completed (not booked) cruise. Earn an extra point for longer cruises (12 days +) or by staying in a suite.

On subsequent cruises, you'll receive amenities appropriate for your level. Check the rccl website for more details. One of the better ones is coupons that will be in your stateroom. - such as free admission to Johnny Rockets, possilby some gaming ones. The higher your level the better the coupons. When you get to Platinum you can receive discounts on applicable balcony cabins.

that makes you Platinum or Diamond with RCCL. Great discounts also, as I jsut learned from a phonecall to RCCL. VOer 55, Elite member with Celebrity makes me Diamond with RCCL so I can be upgraded from top tier verandah to a suite.

Free booze 5-8 pm in the Concierge Lounge for Diamond & Diamond plus members. THIS I LIKE! Ice skating show tix at the Lounge also.

I love Celebrity & their new Concierge class that we;ve paid $100 PP more from a verandah to CC category booking CC AFT with 200 sq ft balcony. But now for 2006 it is $1000 more!!!

So I made a phonecall to RCCL & was quite amazed at discount I was getting for early booking, over 55 & Elite level. Too bad Freedom is only W Carib or I'd sail her.

I cruised on the Song of America in 1983 and RCI said that they don't keep records that old, only as far back as 1990 (I find that hard to believe). I will be sailing on the Mariner in April and they won't consider me a past cruiser!

I cruised on the Song of America in 1983 and RCI said that they don't keep records that old, only as far back as 1990 (I find that hard to believe). I will be sailing on the Mariner in April and they won't consider me a past cruiser!

They may not have records, but do you? If you could prove to them that you cruised with them prior, I'm quite certain they would honor it.

Did you buy the Welcome Aboard picture. If you did, send C&A a copy, (Can be a Xerox of it) and they should give you credit.

Do they give credit to the occupant of the room or the one who booked and paid for it? Will it make any difference to me that I paid for 4 rooms for an upcoming family cruise (first one on RCL for everyone), or will each of us who occupy the rooms be able to join seperately and each get one credit?

Do they give credit to the occupant of the room or the one who booked and paid for it? Will it make any difference to me that I paid for 4 rooms for an upcoming family cruise (first one on RCL for everyone), or will each of us who occupy the rooms be able to join seperately and each get one credit?

Everyone who takes the cruise can get the credit. The person who books and pays for the cruise only gets his/her own credit, not anyone else's.

:)

Carol

that makes you Platinum or Diamond with RCCL. Great discounts also, as I jsut learned from a phonecall to RCCL. VOer 55, Elite member with Celebrity makes me Diamond with RCCL so I can be upgraded from top tier verandah to a suite.

Free booze 5-8 pm in the Concierge Lounge for Diamond & Diamond plus members. THIS I LIKE! Ice skating show tix at the Lounge also.

I love Celebrity & their new Concierge class that we;ve paid $100 PP more from a verandah to CC category booking CC AFT with 200 sq ft balcony. But now for 2006 it is $1000 more!!!

So I made a phonecall to RCCL & was quite amazed at discount I was getting for early booking, over 55 & Elite level. Too bad Freedom is only W Carib or I'd sail her.

It is my understanding that only Diamond Plus get these upgrades so you may want to check. It was announced to us as an exclusive benefit when they announced the program onboard a member's cruise last summer.

Unfortunately, many of the benefits on RCI do NOT transfer over to Celebrity. There is no balcony discount, no Concierge access, no upgrades.

If you book a Celebrity cruise, do you get credit thru RCCL towards the number of cruises you take? We have taken three cruises with RCCL and and are thinking of possible trying Celebrity.

Thanks for the help.

Music

If you book a Celebrity cruise, do you get credit thru RCCL towards the number of cruises you take? We have taken three cruises with RCCL and and are thinking of possible trying Celebrity.

Thanks for the help.

Music

No a Celebrity cruise will not count towards your RCCL account.

I've been digging! Can't even find a picture of us boarding with the ship's name on it! 22 years is a long time to keep a reciept!

I agree. As you can see from my signature we took a LOT of cruises while I was growing up. I was sad to hear that all the records were "lost" and I'd have to provide "proof" of all my past cruises. Yeah right. Of the nine that they didn't have records for I was told to provide my old boarding card or the embarkation picture with the date on it. Well, we did find a few embarkation photos but back then they didn't put the date on it, only the name of the ship! Oh well, they're still working on it so hopefully I will get credit for those cruises.

Good Luck; I hope you're able to find some sort of picture or something.

First time RCL cruise coming up (Radiance) and I've enquired about credit for my Celebrity cruises and got a "No", until after the first cruise. One of the minor perks on Celebrity was the cocktail party (a couple of free drinks and a few appetizers), but I noticed that there was no checking on who came, so it seemed as though, if you knew where and when the party was, anyone could crash. Is anyone willing to confide if there is any check done on entry to the RCL affair?

When the C&A program started I called them up and asked how we were going to get credit for our cruises since 1973!! I was told if I had the name of the ship, the month and year of the cruise, and could give a reasonable guess at the start date, then I got credit.

Maybe they've changed the rules, but I didn't have to show any documented proof of the cruises. Luckily, DH has a great memory for trivia, and he recreated the whole list for me. I think it was remembering the name of the ship and the year we sailed that did the trick. Some of the ships, of course, are out of service or have been sold.

First time RCL cruise coming up (Radiance) and I've enquired about credit for my Celebrity cruises and got a "No", until after the first cruise. One of the minor perks on Celebrity was the cocktail party (a couple of free drinks and a few appetizers), but I noticed that there was no checking on who came, so it seemed as though, if you knew where and when the party was, anyone could crash. Is anyone willing to confide if there is any check done on entry to the RCL affair?

(beachchick here)

Yes. C&A members receive invitations that they have to bring with them to the party. We've always had staff at the door checking. (And just imagine what would happen if everyone decided to try to sneak in--aside from no room to sit, it's supposed to be a perk for people who are actually C&A members.)

beachchick

Archived