Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

I have been trying to figure out where the sofa bed will be. The O2 has two doubles and a sofa bed. Called NCL and they did not know. They guarantee as the site says that there is a sofa bed... they just don't know the configuration.

I have been trying to figure out where the sofa bed will be. The O2 has two doubles and a sofa bed. Called NCL and they did not know. They guarantee as the site says that there is a sofa bed... they just don't know the configuration.

Best guess is beds near the window, pure speculation.. and the sofa somewhere back/near the bathroom?

I suspect the O2's to be wider as shown on the deckplans, there's a white gap between the O2 and the regular oceanviews. How else to fit 4? :)

Howdy yall! I'm trying to sift through all the pages...this is a MASSIVE thread! I'm about to pull the trigger on booking 2 Escape sailings b2b next May for our youngest son's homeschool graduation. (It'll take place during the trip.) I'm forcing the family to buck-up & *rough* it by squeezing all 4 of us into 1 stateroom. I say squeeze because my boys will be 20 & 18 yrs old so they're big fellas. I'm looking at a category BB midship balcony room on deck 13. It's a little different because the balcony has a bit of an odd shape. Will this make the balcony a little bigger? It's stateroom 13778 as seen in the deck plan I'm attaching. Has anyone had this room on the BA or GA? It says it sleeps 4. Speculation for a pullman in here?

Thanks in advance!

Gotta say, the excitement here is soooooo infectious!!!!!!

Un-cruise related but congrats on your youngest sons homeschool graduation! We're a new homeschool family.). We're squeezing five of us [emoji16] into an ocean view family room. We will survive if we hate it next time we'll get two rooms;). Have a blast on your btb cruises[emoji3]

Yep, right here in this thread. That's why I wanted to double check. I posted that date in another thread, and about 12 people went crazy on me saying it's scheduled for September, and no one came to my defense to say any different, so I was starting to think maybe I'd imagined it. haha

I guess the Float out will be anytime before the festival on Sept 5th as the Escape will be highlighted in the background.

Picture from last year

ndr2-papenburg-festival-2014_full.jpg

Edited by Rocky4ever

Will try to snap a few shots of the Escape's O2 if they open up some mix of cabins for show, they usually do!

edit; this different (taken from BA/GA):

57971.jpg

I usually don't quote images, so I apologize, but in this case it's important ;)

This picture shows an accessible cabin (12700 is marked as handicapped/accessible cabin on both BA and GA). Please don't be disappointed when not every O2 (or O1) has that much space :D

I usually don't quote images, so I apologize, but in this case it's important ;)

This picture shows an accessible cabin (12700 is marked as handicapped/accessible cabin on both BA and GA). Please don't be disappointed when not every O2 (or O1) has that much space :D

Here are some pics of Breakaway's cabin 13100

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=39891&g2_serialNumber=7

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=39899&g2_serialNumber=7

Good observation, never checked that! Sorry! :)

O1, but how will that sq fit. fit 4 (i.e. sofa?).

Therefore I expect the O2 to be wider. Or it should be, to be a real(istic) family ocean view IMO. :)

Curious to see one in Oct!! :)

On Breakaway the Family Oceanview with Large Picture Window O1 are located on deck 5 midship only. Accommodates: 4-5. Total Approx. Size: 218 sq. ft.

On Breakaway the Oceanview with Large Picture Window OA (pictures above) accommodates 2 with total approx. size of 161 sq. ft.

On Breakaway the Family Oceanview with Large Picture Window O1 are located on deck 5 midship only. Accommodates: 4-5. Total Approx. Size: 218 sq. ft.

On Breakaway the Oceanview with Large Picture Window OA (pictures above) accommodates 2 with total approx. size of 161 sq. ft.

Hm, so one third of extra sq ft for the step up to Family Oceanview. Roughly.

This is Escape deck plan with all her O2's in one view, notice the white gaps next to the O2's/...700 series staterooms;

hwzdd3.jpg

My best guess is that, in line with the not-yet-telling-where-the-balconies-beds-bump-in-out-will-be, NCL thought it would be better to show those O2's a bit smaller to avoid angry forward facing Haven suite guests about their sq. ft. :D

Hm, so one third of extra sq ft for the step up to Family Oceanview. Roughly.

This is Escape deck plan with all her O2's in one view, notice the white gaps next to the O2's/...700 series staterooms;

hwzdd3.jpg

My best guess is that, in line with the not-yet-telling-where-the-balconies-beds-bump-in-out-will-be, NCL thought it would be better to show those O2's a bit smaller to avoid angry forward facing Haven suite guests about their sq. ft. :D

I'm so glad I booked this room. I hope your right about the extra size! I'm in 10700.

BTW, could it be that the O2 will be similar to ..700/12700, less or relocated handicapped/accessible and they used the extra sq ft to make it a Family? Just a thought, if the width of that part of the ship stayed the same since BA/GA (we found out here they did change a lot to the Breakaway class to make it a Plus class)

It would make sense, more revenue, less travel time for a disabled person from the elevators etc..

Edited by FreestyleNovice

Un-cruise related but congrats on your youngest sons homeschool graduation! We're a new homeschool family.). We're squeezing five of us [emoji16] into an ocean view family room. We will survive if we hate it next time we'll get two rooms;). Have a blast on your btb cruises[emoji3]

We always sailed in the lowest CAT so we could afford 2 rooms. We are sailing in a Family Mini suite in Dec. This will be our first time sailing with our 4 year olds in 1 cabin. I would love a report on your experience. We had to take advantage of Kids Sail free Promo!

Edited by MoyCoy