Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

If folks start posting details about future sailings once in the US this will become a very cluttered post. Can those concerned/interested about future scheduled US ports and sailings start a new thread on this please?

What :D its a 16 month old thread that's 100 + pages with over 2800 replies...how much more cluttered could a thread get? ;)

As I was told months ago, the thread is for all things concerning the Escape.

Agreed. Anything related to Escape, as far as I am concerned. The thread will always get back to the ship at a certain point, keeps it alive too!

I personally like to follow the build, others like to speculate about new ports, and others are comparing Haven suites which I will likely not sleep in for the next 20 years but I enjoy reading it all, from any of you. :)

If folks start posting details about future sailings once in the US this will become a very cluttered post. Can those concerned/interested about future scheduled US ports and sailings start a new thread on this please?

This post really confused me as the thread is, after all, labelled "All Things Escape" so, I went to the first page and it says:

In the (new) tradition of having an Everything.. thread I welcome all of you to the discovering Everything ESCAPE thread!

Feel free here to speculate, share, discuss and fanboy the next NCL ship, Escape.

Personally, I like reading about lots of things beside the build.

Agreed. Anything related to Escape, as far as I am concerned. The thread will always get back to the ship at a certain point, keeps it alive too!

I personally like to follow the build, others like to speculate about new ports, and others are comparing Haven suites which I will likely not sleep in for the next 20 years but I enjoy reading it all, from any of you. :)

Agreed. Thanks Freestyle Novice for being the OP! Great thread.

We always sailed in the lowest CAT so we could afford 2 rooms. We are sailing in a Family Mini suite in Dec. This will be our first time sailing with our 4 year olds in 1 cabin. I would love a report on your experience. We had to take advantage of Kids Sail free Promo!

I'd be happy to share:). If we split we wouldn't have got the kids free so it was t with it to split. In too practical. This will be our first cruise w/out a balcony [emoji16]. It's also the first one with all five of us.

This is the best thread on CC. Makes me excited for my Nov 14 sailing. I love the "everything" speculations.

Looks like we were both on the Epic in November 2012 and will be together again on the November 14th sailing of Escape! haha

---

I love the hull art! So pretty! :)

Edited by dreamr

Looks like we were both on the Epic in November 2012 and will be together again on the November 14th sailing of Escape! haha

---

I love the hull art! So pretty! :)

Hi All,

You meet the nicest people on the ship..Also can't wait so see ya again....

Pete

As of now Escape is scheduled for next week. To dock along side Meyer Wreft outfitting wet dock.

Also Ovation is scheduled for 2nd mega block to enter Building 6. For the 2nd week in Aug.

Escape would have to leave to make room for OoTS to be blocked. Not to mention the timeline would be in line with BA & GA float out's timeline.

According to Meyerwerft FB page the float out is scheduled for mid August: "Die Bugbemalung und die Arbeiten am Schiffskörper gehen weiter voran.

Der Innenausbau läuft auf Hochtouren – und Mitte August wird die Norwegian Escape das Baudock verlassen."

We always sailed in the lowest CAT so we could afford 2 rooms. We are sailing in a Family Mini suite in Dec. This will be our first time sailing with our 4 year olds in 1 cabin. I would love a report on your experience. We had to take advantage of Kids Sail free Promo!

My Family of 4 have always sailed in a balcony or mini and never had any issues, sure its small but we don't live in our room.

The mini on Getaway was a great bathroom so large it really helps. Easy to shower both kids at once.

When my kids where that small I would pack their outfits in zip lock bags, everything they would need to get dressed including hair things and underwear. It makes unpacking a breeze and easy to get dressed.

A pop up hamper in the closet or by the balcony door is a good to keep dirty clothing in one place. When it gets full I dump in a case under the bed.

We also find the closest public bathroom in case 2 people need to go at the same time. Sure its a little walk but my DH doesn't mind :D

The mini on Getaway was a great bathroom so large it really helps. Easy to shower both kids at once.

FYI to those cabin shopping - Our standard balcony cabin on Getaway had a shower so large we could have fit 2 large adults in it very comfortably. We even joked that we could likely get 3 in there at once.

I love Getaway's mermaid see avatar....thinking how to take a picture with the sailfish or turtle...mmmmm kissing the turtle

DH actually has a tee shirt from Guy Harvey that really matches the hull to bad its long sleeve.

According to Meyerwerft FB page the float out is scheduled for mid August: "Die Bugbemalung und die Arbeiten am Schiffskörper gehen weiter voran.

Der Innenausbau läuft auf Hochtouren – und Mitte August wird die Norwegian Escape das Baudock verlassen."

Yes, float out is scheduled for the latter half of August.