Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

I can't see your picture but if I align the decks with the stairs (only now that I see the tubs are not evenly on both sides!) it seems 18118 is more to the side. Not sure why deck 19 isn't as wide as 18 on those plans. The Haven cut out does fit though..

xn9lza.png

What site or program were you using to do this overlay alignment? It's great.

Not a fan of NCL's MDR's - but you won't go hungry.

for us the only reason to sail NCL is because of the specialty restaurants.

We are on Escape only because of the free UDP- and a reasonable rate in our opinion. Given what the cost of my cruise has skyrocketed to, even the free udp wouldn't have gotten us to book at this point.

The MDR menus have always seem so uninspired.

I have heard of changed menu's but that really does not mean it will be change for the better. And they needed change.

I hope the Escape will be worth it. I imagine it will.

I don't need "inspired", but good seafood makes me happy.

Are there at least ample seafood choices in the MDR?

Well darn! That's our favorite place on DCL - a great place to walk, relatively quiet, and lovely loungers when you want to relax in the shade. Can't wait to explore the Waterfront and I know there's a jogging track up top. I'm more of an ambler. Smile

The waterfront does go around a good bit of the ship, you just need to cut through the interior at one end.

I use the Drag Decks function from http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/ and just hit Prt Sc when I allign two decks to have the see through effect while holding the deck with your mouse (using the elevators/staircases to allign). Otherwise it will just be on top of the other.

It's a great site, worth the membership.

The red stripes are from Paint. ;)

edit: not sure if you need membership to get to the Drag Decks function but the archive of stateroom pics was very worth it for me

Edited by FreestyleNovice

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/Norwegian-Escape

There is a specific tool called drag decks

DECKPLANS |DRAG DECKS | PICS AND INFO

top center

click on that and you can drag the decks over each other- using the elevators and stairwells to line up the decks.

I don't need "inspired", but good seafood makes me happy.

Are there at least ample seafood choices in the MDR?

Ample? Depends on your view of Ample.

There are always some seafood dishes.

But its not a seafood restaurant.

But I wasn't inspired. ;)

Edited by legion3

Well darn! That's our favorite place on DCL - a great place to walk, relatively quiet, and lovely loungers when you want to relax in the shade. Can't wait to explore the Waterfront and I know there's a jogging track up top. I'm more of an ambler. Smile

I too loved this deck on the Dream. I was down there all the time. But I think we will find that the Waterfront is even better. It's been so popular on the BA and GA, it seems it's even been the inspiration for the MSC Seaside.

So the show "Dear John Hughes" is now referred to as "For The Record: The Brat Pack". I suppose this is just a new show title but does anyone know anything about this??

http://www.fortherecordlive.com/#!dearjohnhughes/c1uzj

looks like a pretty cool show for those 80's movie and music fans.

The Breakfast Club is a classic.

I just thought of something..... Do you think NCL would also charge an 18% gratuity on the upcharge "discounted" places so that I would actually be paying the price of the SDP plus 18% and the upcharge amount plus 18%?? Is that too greedy for even NCL??

Yes :mad:

That's why I purchased "For the record" before I started thinking of any Dining package.

A rep from NCL called me after receiving my SDP purchase receipt and terms and conditions page from purchase date. They had asked me to scan and email everything to them so they could check into my complaint. She said although it wasn't clearly spelled out, it was implied and I should have assumed it was limited to one meal per day. I told her I could tell I was fighting a losing battle with NCL and would need to just accept the situation. I did ask if I would have the option of just paying for tapas bar, etc and saving the seven meals for actual meals. She said she assumed so. I told her NCL had already "assumed" enough and I wanted a concrete answe that it would be accepted that way on the ship. She said she would have to call the ship (???) and call me back.

Please keep us informed :o

So the show "Dear John Hughes" is now referred to as "For The Record: The Brat Pack". I suppose this is just a new show title but does anyone know anything about this??

I recall, a while back, there was a thread which talked about this. Someone said that only the name was changed--- because not enough people knew who John Hughes was.

I didn't understand her " I'll have to call the ship and then call you back"..... I hope she speaks German if she's calling the ship. Ha ha.

If you're on the TA, you'll probably have an answer long before I ever receive a phone call back from her. I'm not sailing until 12/12 so if you find the answer to the question, please share.

I didn't understand her " I'll have to call the ship and then call you back"..... I hope she speaks German if she's calling the ship. Ha ha.

If you're on the TA, you'll probably have an answer long before I ever receive a phone call back from her. I'm not sailing until 12/12 so if you find the answer to the question, please share.

HD should be onboard already :D

I recall, a while back, there was a thread which talked about this. Someone said that only the name was changed--- because not enough people knew who John Hughes was.

Thanks for this. Judging by all the marketing materials, I thought only the name had changed.

Charz from the Great Thanksgiving Escape roll call, whose son will be performing in the show, wrote:

If you are a fan of John Hughes films...Pretty in Pink, Breakfast Club, Ferris Buellers Day Off, etc. you will love this show. My son is the sax player and he was in the show when it was in Chicago in March for two weeks. We took a trip out there to see it and ended up going to it two nights in one weekend! They did a tremendous job blending all the music from the movies and certain key script lines from each. A very energetic show where the cast comes down in the audience that makes it truly interactive...I highly recommend it!

Unbelievably, I received a call back from NCL. She said she was able to verify that if I go to a venue like Pincho Tapas bar and don't want an app to count as one of my 7 meals, I can tell the staff that I want the Ala Carte price (not the upcharge fee ) charged to my onboard cruise account.

I would be pretty happy if someone had a spreadsheet that lists entertainment, restaurants, spa passes etc. along with their base fee. Then it could expand to indicate upcharges for people with UDPs/SDPs, tips, etc. I wouldn't mind doing something like that but I'm pretty unfamiliar with NCL so I would struggle. Any takers? I'll probably end up doing something like that for myself over time so I can get a handle on where I want to spend my money.

I would be pretty happy if someone had a spreadsheet that lists entertainment, restaurants, spa passes etc. along with their base fee. Then it could expand to indicate upcharges for people with UDPs/SDPs, tips, etc. I wouldn't mind doing something like that but I'm pretty unfamiliar with NCL so I would struggle. Any takers? I'll probably end up doing something like that for myself over time so I can get a handle on where I want to spend my money.

I kind of did something like that for myself.. not really a spreadsheet.. and I don't have any kind of dining package. I started with all the complimentary dining venues then listed 'for fee' venues, including the gelato place (YUM!). Then I made a list of complimentary and 'for fee' entertainment. I also made notes of where certain things were located on the ship. Doesn't take too long, and helps sort of familiarize yourself with the ship.

I also usually do a calendar and put my port times and possible dining times on it.. to help me sort out the best times to book shows.

Hope that helped? :)