Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

So Getaway has Burn the Floor and Legally Blonde and Escape is doing Million Dollar Quartet and thats it? no second show? Just the supper club for fee show, Comedy, howl at moon, and After Midnight?

After midnight is the second broadway show. It's a song and dance review celebrating the cotton club era.

After midnight is the second broadway show. It's a song and dance review celebrating the cotton club era.

Ohh, I thought it was literally after midnight lol

Either way, not too impressed by those choices. Would prefer a cirque show to be honest

Ohh, I thought it was literally after midnight lol

Either way, not too impressed by those choices. Would prefer a cirque show to be honest

After having done Epic and Getaway shows last year, I am more excited about the entertainment options on Escape than on either of those. So I guess it just depends.

After having done Epic and Getaway shows last year, I am more excited about the entertainment options on Escape than on either of those. So I guess it just depends.

Yeah, entertainment is so subjective, but I didn't like the shows very much on the Getaway, Legally Blonde being my favorite, ironically - was the one I thought I wouldn't enjoy.

Burn the Floor is good, but it's a long time to watch people just dancing for me.

and I really dislike having to pay for dinner shows - just my opinion of course, but it would be different if I thought the food on the Getaway was worth the extra charge. Plus I felt like the venue for Illusionarium was pretty poor, I purchased premium seats on top of paying for the show, and was placed in the middle, and couldn't really see too much. Wonder if Supper Club is a smaller room like Illusionarium?

but hey, hard to judge them when I havent seen them right! I will hold out total judgement until I sail on Escape, but I guess I will have to go to Vegas to see a Cirque show now, such a hardship ;)

Based on the deck plans, it looks to be larger than Illusionarium.

Ah ok. Anyone know the price for sure?

Thinking about the Escape for possibly Feb. And if I do go, I will probably shell out the money to see the show - I mean, whats 30.00pp in the grand scheme of things right :o

I thought I asked this prior but I didn't see a response. Anyone know if the balcony dividers can be remove (even partially) if you have cabins next to each other?

Sadly, the answer is no. Because of a severe cruise ship fire a number of years ago, safety regulations prohibit the balcony dividers being opened for passenger use. I've seen them open on various ships, but only for cleaning and maintenance.;)

Based on the deck plans, it looks to be larger than Illusionarium.

Being larger than Illusionarium is not a problem, as long as they don't have the dome. We had seats close the stage. But I know people who haven't have complained. They do all the light show stuff in the dome. Folks in back can't see most/any of it. When they use it for Wine Lovers the musical, it doesn't make a difference where they seat you. They don't use the dome for anything.

We liked the Illusionairium show. We've been to Vegas enough that we're all Cirqued out. If it's an MGM property, they have a Cirque show. Too many IMHO.

The new venue looks more like a supper club, than a venue for a specific show(Dah! hence the name). I could see multiple more uses over time. Can't wait to book this show. We got 114 days yet.

At least we're taking the Breakaway in 17 days. That will have to hold us, until the Escape trip.

Being larger than Illusionarium is not a problem, as long as they don't have the dome. We had seats close the stage. But I know people who haven't have complained. They do all the light show stuff in the dome. Folks in back can't see most/any of it. When they use it for Wine Lovers the musical, it doesn't make a difference where they seat you. They don't use the dome for anything.

We liked the Illusionairium show. We've been to Vegas enough that we're all Cirqued out. If it's an MGM property, they have a Cirque show. Too many IMHO.

The new venue looks more like a supper club, than a venue for a specific show(Dah! hence the name). I could see multiple more uses over time. Can't wait to book this show. We got 114 days yet.

At least we're taking the Breakaway in 17 days. That will have to hold us, until the Escape trip.

Of course it's not a problem. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I sat in the back row of tables at Illusionarium. I thought the seats were great. Next time, I'd do the booths.They look more relaxing and comfortable, and I now know that I could see everything.

Please please let me know if the booths are still good seats and if you think it will work for a family of 4. We sat up front before but would rather relax in a booth.

Also are the booths premium seating or normal seating. DH and I have UDP but kids don't have any dinning plan yet. Where you able to book at the regular charge without using a meal from your SDP? If we buy the kids a SDP should we wait to book the show on board...maybe book the 2 of us and have the concierge change it to 4 on ship?

This is the show I am looking forward to the most being a kid from the 80's we have been showing the movies to our kids so they know what the show is about.

Ah ok. Anyone know the price for sure?

Thinking about the Escape for possibly Feb. And if I do go, I will probably shell out the money to see the show - I mean, whats 30.00pp in the grand scheme of things right :o

We paid $17.20/pp on top of 1 day of our 3 day SDP so comes to about $40/pp. I don't know what the cost would be if you don't have UDP/SDP

We paid $17.20/pp on top of 1 day of our 3 day SDP so comes to about $40/pp. I don't know what the cost would be if you don't have UDP/SDP

I don't have a problem paying an up charge for the Supper Club if I use it as one of my SDP nights, my question is : what type of seating do you get for the up charge? if its entry level seats ($10-$15pp) wouldn't it be more economical to just book it separately? now if its VIP seating that you get for the up charge, that's a different story :D

I don't have a problem paying an up charge for the Supper Club if I use it as one of my SDP nights, my question is : what type of seating do you get for the up charge? if its entry level seats ($10-$15pp) wouldn't it be more economical to just book it separately? now if its VIP seating that you get for the up charge, that's a different story :D

The site didn't give me any choice. It says "floor seats." I don't know if people booking later or walking in get anything different. I don't know what the cost is to just book separately as I already had the SDP so, it just offered me the upcharge. Does anyone know what the non add on cost is? It would be interesting to compare. If someone who doesn't have a dining plan could log on and see what it would cost them, it would be helpful.

I am 92 days out. I'm able to view and order a number of items outside of specialty dinners and shows, so I went to the Explore and Plan page. Right near the top under onboard activities was an image of the rock climbing wall with the caption next to it:

Rapelling Wall

Scaling to new heights is easy with the first-ever rappelling wall at sea! Well, maybe not easy. At 33 feet tall and 64 feet wide, you'll see the horizon from a new perspective. Up for the challenge?

activities_rapelling_wall.jpg

I didn't think the Climbing wall was listed as a feature for the Escape?

Ok...just went back to the Plan and Explore site and found the regular price for the Supper Club is $35.39/pp. By using one of our SDP meals, with upcharge, we are paying $40.40/pp-- extra $5.01!!! I am thinking about calling Customer Service and having them remove it, book Cagney's under the SDP then pay the regular amount for the dinner show.

Lesson for anyone else booking with SDP, book your restaurants first if you don't want to use one of your SDP meals and pay more for the Supper Club!! :eek:

Ok...just went back to the Plan and Explore site and found the regular price for the Supper Club is $35.39/pp. By using one of our SDP meals, with upcharge, we are paying $40.40/pp-- extra $5.01!!! I am thinking about calling Customer Service and having them remove it, book Cagney's under the SDP then pay the regular amount for the dinner show.

Lesson for anyone else booking with SDP, book your restaurants first if you don't want to use one of your SDP meals and pay more for the Supper Club!! :eek:

Yep. That was exactly why we skipped booking it.

That's what I thought! Thanks for the info!

I am 92 days out. I'm able to view and order a number of items outside of specialty dinners and shows, so I went to the Explore and Plan page. Right near the top under onboard activities was an image of the rock climbing wall with the caption next to it:

Rapelling Wall

Scaling to new heights is easy with the first-ever rappelling wall at sea! Well, maybe not easy. At 33 feet tall and 64 feet wide, you'll see the horizon from a new perspective. Up for the challenge?

activities_rapelling_wall.jpg

I didn't think the Climbing wall was listed as a feature for the Escape?

A rapelling wall would be a nice change from the typical cruise ship climbing wall. Seems like just about every cruise ship has a climbing wall.