Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

Am i right in thinking the covered section there is the haven area? looks really covered, never going to get a tan in there.

I didnt think the roof would be so small.

That top curved piece is a retractable roof over the Haven pool...similar to what they have at a number of sports stadiums...

Norwegian Unveils First Look at Norwegian Escape: Accommodations

Stateroom options abound for families, solo travelers, spa enthusiasts and guests seeking the latest in luxury

Miami - Feb 18, 2014 ---

Norwegian Cruise Line today offered the first look at Norwegian Escape by unveiling the wide variety of staterooms that will be available on the line's largest ship to date at approximately 163,000 gross tons and 4,200 passenger berths, planned for delivery in fall 2015. The accommodations include the company's signature luxury ship?within-a-ship complex: The Haven by Norwegian; along with Studios, designed and priced for solo travelers; and many options for families, multi-generational groups, spa enthusiasts and more. Norwegian Escape includes all of the revolutionary features of Norwegian Breakaway and Norwegian Getaway, plus a number of new spaces and interactive experiences that will excite and inspire.

The Haven by Norwegian on Norwegian Escape will offer 95 spectacular, ultra-luxurious suite accommodation options including: The Haven Deluxe Owner's Suite, The Haven Owner's Suite, The Haven Two-Bedroom Family Villa, The Haven Penthouse and The Haven Spa Suite. The two-story Haven on Decks 17, 18 and 19 offers the ultimate in luxury and includes a private restaurant with outdoor terrace, lounge, and an enhanced courtyard area with retractable roof that features a pool, two whirlpools, sauna, spa treatment rooms and sundeck exclusively for Haven guests. All suites will feature pillow-top mattresses and fine linens from The Bliss Collection by Norwegian?. The Haven's exclusive benefits include priority embarkation and disembarkation; distinctive platinum keycard; the personal service of a butler and concierge, in-suite espresso/cappuccino machines; gourmet treats delivered each evening; along with plush bathrobes, slippers, oversized towels; and much more.

.....After seeing this pics, I am more convinced than ever that these standard balconies are deeper than on BA/GA

Totally agree. Looking down on the ship, as in the view above, gives an even better look at them. This is really great not only for the regular balcony cabins, but, also for the Haven PH and 2-bedroom. Those tiny balconies on the Away ships really put us off booking those cabins.

Totally agree. Looking down on the ship, as in the view above, gives an even better look at them. This is really great not only for the regular balcony cabins, but, also for the Haven PH and 2-bedroom. Those tiny balconies on the Away ships really put us off booking those cabins.

ESCAPE's hull is about 6' wider than the "away" ships. I'm not sure how that translates into the superstructure but I'm guessing it's wider as well. Assuming the cabins are no larger than the "away" ships (they are not), and the corridors and interior technical spaces are no different (I'm guessing they are not), it would seem logical the additional width would be given over to the balconies. So perhaps they are about 3' larger on each side compared to the "away" ships.

I just checked on cruisedeckplans.com and noticed that they changed the description of the balcony size. We are booked in a BF on deck 10 and it said the balconies were 30 sq ft....today I just checked and its been changed to 44 sq ft!! Could this be true?? :eek:

I just checked on cruisedeckplans.com and noticed that they changed the description of the balcony size. We are booked in a BF on deck 10 and it said the balconies were 30 sq ft....today I just checked and its been changed to 44 sq ft!! Could this be true?? :eek:

Just checked with NCL (and a backup second call to a different rep.) and they said still 32 sq. ft.. The same deck plan says my mini-suite with large balcony has a 40 sq. ft. balcony, and it really is a 124 sq. ft. balcony. Not sure where the deck plan site is getting their info.

Just checked with NCL (and a backup second call to a different rep.) and they said still 32 sq. ft.. The same deck plan says my mini-suite with large balcony has a 40 sq. ft. balcony, and it really is a 124 sq. ft. balcony. Not sure where the deck plan site is getting their info.

They can't get that information correct on the ships that have been sailing for 15 years, I don't expect it to be even close on the one still in the shipyard.

They can't get that information correct on the ships that have been sailing for 15 years, I don't expect it to be even close on the one still in the shipyard.

Exactly. I'm sure the same information for the "away" ships was loaded into the computers for ESCAPE. The reality could be something quite different. I would put my faith in our CC detectives over the NCL reservations agent any day.

I am wondering if the spa suites will have a door connecting them to the spa.

Hey there!

No. For the spa Suites, the whirlpool spa is right in the room. You will also get access to the Spa.

If you get a spa Balcony or spa Mini-suite, you don't get a whirlpool spa in the room, but access to the Spa.

Have you checked out ideal prices for March 15/2016 SFO to Hawaii on POA? We're on it.

How about the Escape TA?

Cheers! We loved your Alaska review!! You need to go to Iceland for a land driving vacation.

Hi Guys,

I’m on the November 14th sailing, at the moment I’ve booked a table at one speciality restaurant, that I've paid for in advance, and I’m looking to book one more.

My TA has comped us an on-board meal, does anyone know how I can pre book this? My TA was a bit unsure.

I have heard that I can only book this on-board, as it is classed as “on-board credit”. Is this true? And if so do you think booking on-board will be a problem due to all the dinning packages now included.

Thanks in advance.

Talkin Spa suites... that solely H8 Deluxe Spa Suite, #16100 is a one of a kind right? New?

It looks like it will have quite a balcony. The dividers seem to be placed, I count 7 sets of smaller windows where the in room jacuzzi will be.

So the two sliding door(s?) and the first picture window next to the darker spa windows are 16100 to me, divider after that, 16102 starts with picture window etc.

Compared to deck 17 and 18 that Deluxe Spa Suite seems to have the larges side facing Haven balcony?

Opinions?

Sorry, best to see at the static Meyer pic;

http://static.meyerwerft.de/ueberfuehrung/ueberfuehrung.jpg

Or at Andreas' http://www.depping-design.de/test/displayimage.php?album=334&pid=11118#top_display_media

(deck 16 is the same deck as the long line of dark windows/pool deck and the spa suites are in between the spa windows and pool deck ones on port side.)

Hi Guys,

I’m on the November 14th sailing, at the moment I’ve booked a table at one speciality restaurant, that I've paid for in advance, and I’m looking to book one more.

My TA has comped us an on-board meal, does anyone know how I can pre book this? My TA was a bit unsure.

I have heard that I can only book this on-board, as it is classed as “on-board credit”. Is this true? And if so do you think booking on-board will be a problem due to all the dinning packages now included.

Thanks in advance.

As far as I know only paid (directly) and complimentary reservations can be done through My NCL?

It does, in fact, appear to be an anomaly. That is the only H8 I see on the entire ship. Wow, that one will be highly sought after.

Edit-this was in response to FreeStyleNovice's post regarding cabin 16100.

Edited by tarps14

It does, in fact, appear to be an anomaly. That is the only H8 I see on the entire ship. Wow, that one will be highly sought after.

Edit-this was in response to FreeStyleNovice's post regarding cabin 16100.

If I could get a dollar for every cruiser, travel agent, etc that I just made very happy... ;)

It probably will be the first Spa suite with room for a table lol, you can't dine in those H9's! :D

Talkin Spa suites... that solely H8 Deluxe Spa Suite, #16100 is a one of a kind right? New?

It looks like it will have quite a balcony. The dividers seem to be placed, I count 7 sets of smaller windows where the in room jacuzzi will be.

So the two sliding door(s?) and the first picture window next to the darker spa windows are 16100 to me, divider after that, 16102 starts with picture window etc.

Compared to deck 17 and 18 that Deluxe Spa Suite seems to have the larges side facing Haven balcony?

Opinions?

I believe the only difference between the H8 Spa Suite Deluxe and the H9 Spa Suite is that the Deluxe will sleep 3 whereas the H9's will only sleep 2.

Balcony size shows the same for both as does interior cabin space. See below:

H8 Stateroom No. 16100

Escape 16100 The Haven Deluxe Spa-Suite With Balcony

STANDARD CAPACITY - 4 , Cabin Includes Convertible Double Sofa

Bed , Foldable Sleeper/Playpen , King Size Bed , Sprinklers

, Jacuzzi , Tea and Coffee Maker , Port Side , Forward

Section , Cabin Square Footage (255) , Vanity , Sprinklers ,

Balcony Square Footage (54) , Telephone , Television , Floor

To Ceiling Window , Pier Forward , Shower , Safety Deposit

Box , Refrigerator , Hair Dryer , Pullman Bed , Total

Square Footage (309) , Desk

H9 Stateroom No.16102

Escape 16102 The Haven Spa-Suite With Balcony

STANDARD CAPACITY - 2 , Cabin Includes Shower , Balcony Square

Footage (54) , Port Side , Forward Section , Pier Forward , Foldable

Sleeper/Playpen , Desk , Refrigerator , Vanity , Cabin

Square Footage (255) , Hair Dryer , Television , Sprinklers ,

Telephone , Jacuzzi , Tea and Coffee Maker , King Size Bed

, Safety Deposit Box , Total Square Footage (309) , Floor to

Ceiling Window

Harriet

I'll be in the H8/16100 on the TA, so I can let you know first hand when we get on board :)

When we booked, the only difference appeared to be the ability to have a 3rd person in the room. The balcony didn't seem to have any difference at the time. But looking at those photos, it does appear that there is almost double the length.....

Can't wait to see it in person and figure it all out!

I wonder if it's a window in the spa or a steam room or something....

To anyone in that steam room, make sure to be on your best behavior - I will be spying on you whenever I'm on my balcony lol

I am pretty sure it's the larger balcony making it a Deluxe. Also notice how both sliding doors can be opened (see the insert top left).

Nice laura! :D

hpecorari, if you look at the deckplan there's also a blank space in between 16100 en the spa. That space benefits 16100 or there should be an extra cabin there with just a sliding door wide balcony..?

Take a look my quick Paint art ;)

9gwupw.png

Nice picture. It clearly shows that the H8 has a larger balcony. I also put together another diagram, but forgot that the numbers are 16100 to 16126 instead of 16000 to 16026.

We are are in 16120.

Slide1_zpsfuuxs4cw.jpg

Hey there!

No. For the spa Suites, the whirlpool spa is right in the room. You will also get access to the Spa.

If you get a spa Balcony or spa Mini-suite, you don't get a whirlpool spa in the room, but access to the Spa.

Have you checked out ideal prices for March 15/2016 SFO to Hawaii on POA? We're on it.

How about the Escape TA?

Cheers! We loved your Alaska review!! You need to go to Iceland for a land driving vacation.

Hi there,

The SFO to Hawaii sounds great but as you know DP is a teacher and we are not able to travel much during the school year.

We are going to be on Escape on the January 16, 2016, and we are looking forward to the new ship.

Please say hello to DH from us.