Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

I posted this in the other thread, but since y'all asked...

I really want to know more info about the Private Room at Taste. Where is it, what does it look like, is the menu the same as the regular Taste restaurant? And speaking of food, I will be on the Escape with my grandmother on Mother's Day 2016; she wants lobster. I'd love to know where I can get it, and if it's not complimentary, how much will it be?

For those of you going on the regular 7-Day Eastern Caribbean, I realize that Nassau is sort of an abbreviated day. Is it worth it to go to Atlantis or should we focus on Blue Lagoon?

Oh I just can't wait until all the reviews start to pour in! Thanks so much to anyone willing to spend the time to give us info!

I will try to scan and upload all menus to my website http://escape.transatlantic2015.com/ during our cruise from Hamburg to Miami.

Stay tuned :cool:

11903768_908682602538198_6177298807330830651_n.jpg?oh=daaf5aea2829a283202d582a10cbc1dd&oe=5670F28C

Soon the green European landscape will be one endless grey wave,

Escape, my fave..

Eventually turning into turquoise water, green palms and Caribbean sunlight,

oh so bright..

oh Escape, oh Escape! Let's go!

Haha, mondays..! :D :D

Great picture of the Escape. And the landscape. Windmills in the distance are awesome.

I really want to know more info about the Private Room at Taste. Where is it, what does it look like, is the menu the same as the regular Taste restaurant? And speaking of food, I will be on the Escape with my grandmother on Mother's Day 2016; she wants lobster. I'd love to know where I can get it, and if it's not complimentary, how much will it be?

For those of you going on the regular 7-Day Eastern Caribbean, I realize that Nassau is sort of an abbreviated day. Is it worth it to go to Atlantis or should we focus on Blue Lagoon?

Oh I just can't wait until all the reviews start to pour in! Thanks so much to anyone willing to spend the time to give us info!

The only thing I know to tell you from your inquiries is that the Blue Lagoon is a very nice facility if you want to do dolphin or sea lion encounters. I did the sea lion encounter with my family and it was UNFORGETTABLY WONDERFUL!!

If you are wanting to beach it, their beach is very small but has water toys if you have kids.

I've never been to Atlantis but have done a lot of research and read a lot of reviews and it seems people either love or hate it. If you do the beach excursion, I have heard it is A LOT A LOT of walking. If you want to see the entire grounds, you have to pay to get into the different areas. It's not a general admission place.

I've never been on NCL and know absolutely nothing about the food.

Hope this helps? :)

This is something we probably won't be able to answer until the first passengers get off. It *probably* has the same menu, but just lets the guests have a more private dining affair. At least on the Epic, Taste was always pretty busy and there was lots of traffic. I can see folks wanting to have a quieter, more intimate dinner setting like that. The renderings on the website make it look like just a smaller room with the same decor as the MDR, perhaps slightly more dressed up.

As far as lobster goes, I know Cagney's has lobster tail (or has, in the past, had it), and probably Bayamo will have it. But realistically, until we get on and have some pictures of menus to dissect, it's hard to say :P There's a third MDR, Savor, that may offer it, but at this point it's strictly guessing.

We've been to Nassau, but generally prefer to stay on the boat. We've heard that Atlantis is fun, but that unless you have a good solid day to spend there, it can feel a little lackluster. I don't know much about the BlueLagoon though.

There's a third MDR, Savor, that may offer it, but at this point it's strictly guessing.

The Breakaway and Getaway both that've the third dining room, which is really just Taste being split into two. They have the same menu and I don't see any reason why the Escape will be and different.

The Breakaway and Getaway both that've the third dining room, which is really just Taste being split into two. They have the same menu and I don't see any reason why the Escape will be and different.

Good to know! DW and I saw that on the Escape page and were curious about it since we've only had experience with the Epic and the Sun. That being the case, I'd say the chances are low that there's going to be lobster in Savor then. Given the choices on Escape though, I don't think any hunger will be left unsated :P

You can find me on my balcony or at the spa instead. Having professionally used hypnosis and guided imagery to help people with stress management, this kind of stage entertainment hypnosis is about as cheesy as the sexy legs contest poolside..... From a facebook post, this is just for the transatlantic voyage.

Edited by SeaWatcher65

Definitely call them back if you have the UDP. When I booked ours online it showed a price of $35.39 and I paid $106.17 for 3 even though I knew it was wrong (wanted a particular day and time and didn't want to lose it). I called the next morning and it took a supervisor to confirm that it is supposed to be $26.54 per person with the UDP (25% discount). She fixed it and issued me a credit. For some reason, the supervisor was the only one who could see the correct price of $26.54 at that time. It wasn't until a day or two later that I could see it when I logged into my account.

Thank you all for your help! I called NCL back and after being on hold for 30 minutes they confirmed it should be 25% off reg price. It did take a Supervisor to get it straightened out.

This should help:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2019673&page=51

Mrswood83 wrote:

"For those interested- here is the show schedule:

After Midnight- 11/15 and 11/19 offered at 7 and 9:30 also 11/20 offered to at 8:30

Million Dollar Quartet- 11/16 and 11/17 offered at 7 and 9:30

Supper Club- 11/14,15,16 offered at 5:15 and 8:30 also 11/19,20 offered at 7:30"

Harriet

Thank you! Odd there is no show on Wednesday night :confused:

Another question for those who have access to book shows--is there a regular and premium seating option for the Supper Club, or are all tables the same price?

When I booked for the supper club for my 14th of November cruise there was just one price, no mention of premium seating etc.

I found another YouTube video that I hadn't seen posted which gives some different angles of the Escape for those examining the balconies and layout closely...

Thanks for posting. This is a new one for me. I enjoy looking at these. :)

Does anyone know where a list of pay vs. Complimentary venues would be? Sailing in January and so excited!

Here's part of a spreadsheet I'm working on for myself. Prices may not be correct but close.

DINING

Moderno $20

Cagney's ALC

Bayamo ALC

Food Republic ALC

Pincho Tapas Bar ALC

La Cucina ALC

Dolce Gelato ALC

The Bake Shop ALC

Le Bistro ALC

Teppanyaki $30

Café at the Atrium ALC

Taste C

Savor C

The Manhattan Room C

O'Sheehans C

Garden Café C

Margaritaville C

The Supper Club $36

Chef's Table $110

Room Service C + service charge on some items

SPECIALTY DINING PKG: 3 days: $59 per guest + 18% = $70pp or $140 per couple - Covers 3 nights at $ restaurants

ENTERTAINMENT

The Brat Pack $36

Howl at the Moon C

Million Dollar Quartet C

Headliners Comedy Club C

After Midnight C

C = Complimentary

ALC = A la carte

BARS & LOUNGES

Sugarcane Mojito Bar

Five O'Clock Somewhere Bar

The District Brewhouse

Tobacco Road Bar

Prime Meridian Bar

The Cellars Wine Bar

O'Sheehans

Skyline Bar

Mixx Bar

Atrium Bar

Unnamed

Unnamed

Spice H2O

Waves Pool Bar

Here's part of a spreadsheet I'm working on for myself. Prices may not be correct but close.

DINING

Moderno$20

Cagney'sALC

BayamoALC

Food RepublicALC

Pincho Tapas BarALC

La CucinaALC

Dolce GelatoALC

The Bake ShopALC

Le BistroALC

Teppanyaki$30

Café at the AtriumALC

TasteC

SavorC

The Manhattan RoomC

O'SheehansC

Garden CaféC

MargaritavilleC

The Supper Club$36

Chef's Table$110

Room ServiceC + service charge on some items

SPECIALTY DINING PKG: 3 days: $59 per guest + 18% = $70pp or $140 per couple - Covers 3 nights at $ restaurants

ENTERTAINMENT

The Brat Pack$36

Howl at the MoonC

Million Dollar QuartetC

Headliners Comedy ClubC

After MidnightC

C = Complimentary

ALC = A la carte

BARS & LOUNGES

Sugarcane Mojito Bar

Five O'Clock Somewhere Bar

The District Brewhouse

Tobacco Road Bar

Prime Meridian Bar

The Cellars Wine Bar

O'Sheehans

Skyline Bar

Mixx Bar

Atrium Bar

Unnamed

Unnamed

Spice H2O

Waves Pool Bar

Thank you so much! That is what I needed exactly :)

My understanding of the private room is that it is not a dining option that you can choose, but that it is a space for special events like the Chef's table, or for private parties who can rent it out for dining events.

Found another aerial pic on HD1080iDE's FB page, too large to include it:

https://scontent-ams2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/t31.0-8/11053709_1031552776855591_6081615894905923047_o.jpg

Best pic yet of the aft balconies?

Thank you, Freestyle, for the photo.

Going back to the big screen tv/movie screen discussion, it looks like two are located on the wall above the stage by the main pool? I checked images of the Aways and they just have paint swirls located there. It would appear to support the discussion of there being a place for kids to watch movies other than the adults-only Spice H2O. Anyone else seeing this?

Thank you, Freestyle, for the photo.

Going back to the big screen tv/movie screen discussion, it looks like two are located on the wall above the stage by the main pool? I checked images of the Aways and they just have paint swirls located there. It would appear to support the discussion of there being a place for kids to watch movies other than the adults-only Spice H2O. Anyone else seeing this?

I noticed the same thing. It appears they would have the capability of playing movies on the main pool deck. On the Breakaway/Getaway that pool was for adults and the kids pool was on the other side of the bars (closer to the waterslides).