Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

I'm not even sure if it is called a "smoke stack" but I thought I read that Escape has an advanced, more environmentally-friendly/reduced particulate (aka soot) one than earlier ships. Can anyone confirm this? Or am I imagining?

I think Escape has scrubbers "factory installed" to meet certain standards, other ships (not all I believe, see Norwegian Next?) are retrofitted.

So I'm seeing I can book some dining... and they allow you to book 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 or 8 people. We are 7. Why did they skip 7?? haha If I book for 8, that will be OK right? I'm assuming it will for the complementary restaurants, but one night we are doing a specialty. Should I book for 6 or 8? 2 are kids so really it will be 5 paying adults.

Do the green slides look like they are hanging out over the edge of the ship? I wonder how those are going to work?

I heard it is, yet another, Del Rio cost saving measure "for our convenience:"

Instead of wasting all that time disembarking passengers, they are just shot out through the green tubes so the next group can embark earlier and begin spending money!! :rolleyes:;)

So I'm seeing I can book some dining... and they allow you to book 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 or 8 people. We are 7. Why did they skip 7?? haha If I book for 8, that will be OK right? I'm assuming it will for the complementary restaurants, but one night we are doing a specialty. Should I book for 6 or 8? 2 are kids so really it will be 5 paying adults.

That's crazy! You might try calling NCL but I'm not sure what kind of answer you will get:rolleyes:

If not, you probably should book 8 then change it on the ship.

Do the green slides look like they are hanging out over the edge of the ship? I wonder how those are going to work?

Those are the free-fall slides :D You stand at the top, then the bottom drops out and it shoots you like a rocket down and around. I'm going to do it at least once. I hope it doesn't squirt me out to sea!!:)

Instead of wasting all that time disembarking passengers, they are just shot out through the green tubes so the next group can embark earlier and begin spending money!! :rolleyes:;)

LOL!! That's how we all feel at the end of our vacation!

and here we booked the room because we thought it was funny that it was the only one on the ship and we wanted to feel super special lol And we luck into a large balcony! Now we just have to have some nice weather to enjoy it!

I love the bonus program! (I'm laurabegorrah's roommate for the TA) Here's to hoping that really is a nice large balcony and it would be awesome if the cabin itself is a little roomier, too. :D

Edited by puddles99

Hilarious!! Love it!

I'm not even sure if it is called a "smoke stack" but I thought I read that Escape has an advanced, more environmentally-friendly/reduced particulate (aka soot) one than earlier ships. Can anyone confirm this? Or am I imagining?

Escape will have five (one for each DG) scrubbers from Green Tech Marine. Scrubbers use seawater/chemicals to "scrub" the exhaust and drastically reduce sulphur emissions. The basic tech has been around for a long time on tankers for inerting tanks of fuel, but using it to scrub emissions on cruise ships is a fairly recent phenomena.

GTM did the installation for Pride of America and is slowly making their way throughout most of the NCL fleet. However, Escape will be the first to have this system straight from the shipyard. Since the scrubber systems require quite a bit of room, a lot of the existing ships being retrofitted are losing some redundant systems (e.g. incinerators, tanks) to make space. The install process also takes about a year to complete. Ducts need to be torn out and replaced with new piping for the system through the whole height of the ship, from the funnel to the engine spaces below the waterline. New sea chests (water intakes), holding tanks, and the scrubbers themselves also need to be installed. In short, it's a whole lot easier to install scrubbers from the beginning.

The funnel casing and funnel base on Escape is a bit wider and angular than on Breakaway or Getaway to create a larger trunk space for the additional piping for the scrubber systems. The exhaust pipes also extend slightly higher above the funnel casing than on the Breakaway or Getaway to compensate for the additional height of the three-story ropes course.

2298428.jpg

Edited by barnacle_boy

Aaand the first inside pics, credits to Rocky, seems to be stateroom #14282 so let the bed placement game begin. :)

http://escape.transatlantic2015.com/norwegian-escape/media/pictures/

Just so you all know pictures of cabin 14282 and other inside areas are my pictures and I received them from HD Sean as 14282 is my room

Suzanne

Edited by sjnyc323