Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

...couple of questions: hasn't your final payment date already passed? I'm sailing 11/14 and, mine was due on 8/16-- 90 days out (I'm not in Haven-- they are even sooner) Did you already make your final payment anyway? If so, you should definitely be able to book your shows as, I have already booked for the later cruise and, have read that CCers from your cruise have booked. If you haven't made your payment, that may very well be the problem...

I would call NCL and make the payment quick!! :eek:

...just double checked and it still shows for me: go to My NCL, explore and plan and it is under entertainment.

That poster is in the UK, and they have later final payment dates than we have when booking on the US site.

I found the Internet packages in the "gifts and more" area but it says to log in to purchase. When I then log in, the Internet packages are no longer there. I just assumed it was because I'm still 111 days out. I was hoping at 90 days until sailing, the Internet would appear with entertainment, dining and spa.

Same here. The difference was that a few weeks ago they were still there after logging in and I could have purchased then. Maybe I should have!

I'm 82 days out and, nope, no internet package. There is, though, a ROMANCE package! This IS supposed to be a vacation, after all. ... too much screen time and not enough romance time makes Ray a dull boy!!

....just sayin" ;)

Your welcome! :D

Thanks, I think! :) Of course you're right, but I thought it strange that something was available and then went away. This just happened to be internet. I can certainly live without it. The romance package does sound good though and it is available for me to purchase. HEERE'S JOHNNY! :D

Yes being in the UK our deposits and payments are different to those in the U.S. - so our final payment day for the inaugural is definitely tomorrow! Someone on our roll call has said that they didn't think the inaugural peeps can book shows etc till they are onboard!

Same here. The difference was that a few weeks ago they were still there after logging in and I could have purchased then. Maybe I should have!

I'm hoping (praying?!) that accessing the internet on the Escape TA will be better than my last cruise. I recently paid around $80 for 100 minutes on Getaway eastern Caribbean cruise and it took upwards of 10 minutes just to load email. It was like that for three straight days and so tortuous that I didn't even bother with internet for the remainder of the cruise and I was able to get the charges taken off my bill.

Tracy

That poster is in the UK, and they have later final payment dates than we have when booking on the US site.

I'm in the U.S. and although I've already made my final payment, the final payment date is 8/31, 75 days prior to sailing.

I'm hoping (praying?!) that accessing the internet on the Escape TA will be better than my last cruise. I recently paid around $80 for 100 minutes on Getaway eastern Caribbean cruise and it took upwards of 10 minutes just to load email. It was like that for three straight days and so tortuous that I didn't even bother with internet for the remainder of the cruise and I was able to get the charges taken off my bill.

Tracy

Weird. After years of horribly slow internet onboard NCL, I was happy to see it much faster on the Getaway last December. Not exactly zooming fast, but very reasonable for internet at sea, IMO. I didn't feel like I was wasting money waiting for things to load (like I did in the past).

I'm in the U.S. and although I've already made my final payment, the final payment date is 8/31, 75 days prior to sailing.

75 days prior is correct. That is NCL policy in the US for non-Haven and non-holiday bookings on sailings 6-9 days long. I'm guessing you're sailing around November 14 or 15 on ESCAPE. Have fun!

A rapelling wall would be a nice change from the typical cruise ship climbing wall. Seems like just about every cruise ship has a climbing wall.

Can you please explain the difference to me? Unfortunately, I probably can't do it due to muscle damage in my leg from an injury. But, I like to know about things for my 15 year old nephew.

Can you please explain the difference to me? Unfortunately, I probably can't do it due to muscle damage in my leg from an injury. But, I like to know about things for my 15 year old nephew.

Rappelling is going down from the top, using a rope system to slow your descent.

As opposed to climbing up a wall with a rope to keep you from falling.

I believe EPIC was touting as having a rock climbing wall and rappelling wall when she was first introduced. Here is a picture of the wall I took during a crossing earlier this year. See those openings up top, those are where you would emerge to repel down the wall. I never saw that in use some I'm guessing it quietly went away like the "ice" skating rink.

17438110675_c73c5fbc03_c.jpg

I believe EPIC was touting as having a rock climbing wall and rappelling wall when she was first introduced. Here is a picture of the wall I took during a crossing earlier this year. See those openings up top, those are where you would emerge to repel down the wall. I never saw that in use some I'm guessing it quietly went away like the "ice" skating rink.

I actually did the repelling wall on the Epic, it was really fun. I didn't know it was no longer in use. Bummer!

HoopTroop

Rappelling is going down from the top, using a rope system to slow your descent.

As opposed to climbing up a wall with a rope to keep you from falling.

Wow! Thanks, both of you.

Sounds like something I might actually be able to do. 😊

Eroller, do you know why they "went away"? Both are things I would love to do while on a cruise.

Edited by cruiseJMO

Eroller, do you know why they "went away"? Both are things I would love to do while on a cruise.

I'm not actually sure the repelling wall is no longer in use. I just never saw it used or advertised during my crossing on EPIC earlier this year. I did see the actual rock climbing wall used often. For some reason the repelling feature wasn't repeated on BREAKAWAY or GETAWAY so I'm not sure if there were some issues with it?

The "ice" skating rink was sort of a joke. It wasn't on ice but plastic panels and it had to be manually installed then manually removed daily over the basketball court I believe. Very labor intensive and honestly not worth the effort because it wasn't a great experience. During an episode of Undercover Boss featuring then NCL CEO Kevin Sheehan, he spoke to the staff involved with the ice skating rink and quickly discovered how much labor was involved and with very little interest from the passengers. It was nixed for good and not repeated on future ships. So if you want to ice skate on the high seas you will have to cruise on Royal Caribbean. They have real ice skating rinks and having experienced one I can say they are a lot of fun. Great shows on them at night as well, plus with a push of a button a solid floor covers the ice so other events can be held there. Pretty cool stuff!

Tracy

Unfortunately, I don't think you're going to find the Internet service is any better on the transatlantic crossing. Satellite coverage in the Atlantic is very sparse. The big satellite companies don't spend any money to cover the Atlantic because it's such a HUGE space with such a small number of people on it. The economics pencil out for putting a satellite over a continent... because there are so many people that will use the service. But the numbers just don't justify the expense over a huge body of water like the Atlantic.

Unfortunately, I don't think you're going to find the Internet service is any better on the transatlantic crossing. Satellite coverage in the Atlantic is very sparse. The big satellite companies don't spend any money to cover the Atlantic because it's such a HUGE space with such a small number of people on it. The economics pencil out for putting a satellite over a continent... because there are so many people that will use the service. But the numbers just don't justify the expense over a huge body of water like the Atlantic.

Holy cow!! Spaniel Lover - I just wanted to tell you how much we like your reviews! You are the best :) We love the Haven video!

On the Breakaway they had the climbing wall. It was really popular with the kids. I'm in relatively good shape and I struggled with the climbing wall. You really need a lot of upper body strength for that. The rappelling wall is a lot less involved and could be done by more people (you don't need to the upper body strength). Not sure exactly what it will look like but it could be something like the Epic pics posted, or it could be something totally different. I've done some rappelling in the past and it's really fun! While we are talking about this I'm really looking forward to the expanded ropes course on the Escape. The one of the Breakaway is awesome, and the one on the Escape is even larger!!

2015_08_24_Aussenkamera_W466.jpg

Yesterdays webcam shot.

edit; and it seems the static feed from the float out is still on air, giving a larger still of the same webcam (but no archive, so the pic below will alway show the latest near live still);

ueberfuehrung.jpg

Edited by FreestyleNovice

2015_08_24_Aussenkamera_W466.jpg

Yesterdays webcam shot.

edit; and it seems the static feed from the float out is still on air, giving a larger still of the same webcam (but no archive, so the pic below will alway show the latest near live still);

ueberfuehrung.jpg

Am i right in thinking the covered section there is the haven area? looks really covered, never going to get a tan in there.

I didnt think the roof would be so small.

Am i right in thinking the covered section there is the haven area? looks really covered, never going to get a tan in there.

I didnt think the roof would be so small.

There is also a private outdoor sundeck for Haven guests.

changing subject-

After seeing this pics, I am more convinced than ever that these standard balconies are deeper than on BA/GA