Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

I would be pretty happy if someone had a spreadsheet that lists entertainment, restaurants, spa passes etc. along with their base fee. Then it could expand to indicate upcharges for people with UDPs/SDPs, tips, etc. I wouldn't mind doing something like that but I'm pretty unfamiliar with NCL so I would struggle. Any takers? I'll probably end up doing something like that for myself over time so I can get a handle on where I want to spend my money.

http://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/Dining-Flyer-081215.pdf

That link is loosely what you are looking for regarding the dining options, but it is not specific to Escape and not terribly in depth.

Unbelievably, I received a call back from NCL. She said she was able to verify that if I go to a venue like Pincho Tapas bar and don't want an app to count as one of my 7 meals, I can tell the staff that I want the Ala Carte price (not the upcharge fee ) charged to my onboard cruise account.

That's good news. Still trying to decide if the dining package will be worth it...

HD Sean reported to Germany Monday I can't wait to sail in November

Sorry, I'm terrible;

What does HD stand for?

Help Desk ?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1642440

acronyms remind me of:

Karma Police

(Song by Radiohead)

Karma police

Arrest this man

He talks in maths

He buzzes like a fridge

He's like a detuned radio

Karma police

Arrest this girl

Her Hitler hairdo

Is making me feel ill

And we have crashed her party

http://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/Dining-Flyer-081215.pdf

That link is loosely what you are looking for regarding the dining options, but it is not specific to Escape and not terribly in depth.

That's a great link - thanks, I had missed it. I pulled off the info for Escape and started my spreadsheet. Know it sounds lame to some but I want to get info like this together for two other couples so we can sit down over my new favorite cocktail, the Dark and Stormy (thank you very much for the beverage thread!), and decide meals, excursions, the spa pass, etc.

How much are the shows? Anyone?

That's a great link - thanks, I had missed it. I pulled off the info for Escape and started my spreadsheet. Know it sounds lame to some but I want to get info like this together for two other couples so we can sit down over my new favorite cocktail, the Dark and Stormy (thank you very much for the beverage thread!), and decide meals, excursions, the spa pass, etc.

Greetings

Almost all the shows are free. I think the only exception is The Supper Club which has an additional charge.

Good Sailing

Tom

The only time there's a fee for the shows is if there's a meal involved generally. So all but The Supper Cub Brat Pack dinner theater should be free. But from previous experience, you should still make reservations because space is limited for the prime times.

Wait, you have to book the shows in advance? Even the free ones? (I'm not doing the dinner show; who needs another music review style show when you already have two music reviews that are free and multiple venues with live music?!)

Making reservations for the free ones isn't mandatory but greatly advised. They let people with reservations in first and then open it up to everyone else if there's space available. If you're not fussy about getting a good seat and are flexible as to which show time you attend, you could just show up without a reservation.

I left out a huge bit of info.

I was only referring to Escape.

Sorry folks

Many, many months ago when dining was announced on the Escape it was known there wouldn't be a Shanghai's Noodle Bar or Wasabi Sushi. If you check the Escape web page, all the dining info has been there forever, and you can review what is available. http://escape.ncl.com/dining#all

Supposedly Food Republic will have sushi as part of its varied menu.

I was able to finally book my entertainment today! Got floor seats booked for the John Hughes show, and also booked Million Dollar Quartet and After Midnight. I'm happy :)

Thanks so much for this post. As soon as I saw it, I went in and booked all the shows and our specialty restaurants (was waiting on the show schedule first)

Question: are you really booked on Escape for 2016 sailing? If so, how were you able to book your entertainment? :confused: (or am I just missing a listing for an earlier sailing??)

There has been a lot of discussion/speculation on the cost of the Supper Club with Specialty Dining Package. I just booked it for the 11/14 sailing and paid $17.20 extra/PP which is on top of daily cost of my 3 day package. I assume that it will be the same for those with UDP.

For me, it is worth it to see this highly rated show but, as others have noted, there are other free options. Different strokes and all that....!

Got our Spa Passes, show and dinner reservations and plans for shore excursions....bring on the vacation!!! :cool:

I thought I asked this prior but I didn't see a response. Anyone know if the balcony dividers can be remove (even partially) if you have cabins next to each other?

I can't imagine this being the case. I think that would interrupt the structure of the ship. But what do I know... 😎

I can't imagine this being the case. I think that would interrupt the structure of the ship. But what do I know... 😎

From what I've read here, the dividers open to each other to facilitate exterior cleaning, etc. So it's not a question of removing them as much as it is to have them open.

I thought I asked this prior but I didn't see a response. Anyone know if the balcony dividers can be remove (even partially) if you have cabins next to each other?

The policy on other ships is that they are to remain closed. Again from what I've read, older ships have heavier dividers so you could see how it would definitely be a safety issue if one of these slammed shut on a rough sea. The newer ships have lighter weight dividers and some argue the policy should change since it would be easy to safely secure them open on the newer ships. Policy on Escape remains to be seen. I am watching for details because we have three adjourning cabins.

Does anyone know why you have to pay $26.00 a person to see the John Huge show? Very disappointed they are now charging for some entertainment.

This is the 4th consecutive NCL ship to offer a dinner show with a cover charge as one entertainment option.

This is the 4th consecutive NCL ship to offer a dinner show with a cover charge as one entertainment option.

SORRY I WAS JUST THINKING IT WAS NIGHT TIME ENTERTAINMENT SHOW. They only had 2 shows posted so far to make reservations for on our cruise.

Edited by brendapap