Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

So it seems with the promo udp, pre- april, pre-the multiple changes who no one seems to know what is going on,

I, for the moment must plan on $26.54 if I want to see the supper club show?

Or is that the post-18% change?

Why oh why NCL are you so obtuse?

I agree about the crap math...when I purchased my UDP the dinner show was included for the first night - now I'm supposed to pay $26.54 in addition to the $16.90 I already paid per day for the 10 day UDP for a total of $43.44 for a dinner show that costs less than that without a package. :mad: So those with the SDP are still getting a better deal than those with the UDP but they either way it sucks.

I just thought of something..... Do you think NCL would also charge an 18% gratuity on the upcharge "discounted" places so that I would actually be paying the price of the SDP plus 18% and the upcharge amount plus 18%?? Is that too greedy for even NCL??

So it seems with the promo udp, pre- april, pre-the multiple changes who no one seems to know what is going on,

I, for the moment must plan on $26.54 if I want to see the supper club show?

Or is that the post-18% change?

Why oh why NCL are you so obtuse?

$26.54 is what I was quoted which does include the 18% (I purchased UDP pre 2015 :mad: )

I just thought of something..... Do you think NCL would also charge an 18% gratuity on the upcharge "discounted" places so that I would actually be paying the price of the SDP plus 18% and the upcharge amount plus 18%?? Is that too greedy for even NCL??

That is exactly what you will be paying. In addition to the SDP with a 18% gratuity, you will pay $15.00 plus 18% = $17.70 for the upcharge.

Edited by peg013

So I guess I am FreestylePiggy from now on, guilty on doing Cagneys and Bistro on one night on the (old) UDP... :eek:

You are NOT alone!!

We did Cagneys and the Illusionarium first night on the Getaway - last February. Mainly because we are not a fan of the meal served during the dinner shows. [emoji20]

Under the old UDP - there was no reason not to do it that way!!

You guys have convinced me to stick with my plan and just eat at the complimentary choices on board.

Not a fan of NCL's MDR's - but you won't go hungry.

for us the only reason to sail NCL is because of the specialty restaurants.

We are on Escape only because of the free UDP- and a reasonable rate in our opinion. Given what the cost of my cruise has skyrocketed to, even the free udp wouldn't have gotten us to book at this point.

The MDR menus have always seem so uninspired.

I have heard of changed menu's but that really does not mean it will be change for the better. And they needed change.

I hope the Escape will be worth it. I imagine it will.

A rep from NCL called me after receiving my SDP purchase receipt and terms and conditions page from purchase date. They had asked me to scan and email everything to them so they could check into my complaint. She said although it wasn't clearly spelled out, it was implied and I should have assumed it was limited to one meal per day. I told her I could tell I was fighting a losing battle with NCL and would need to just accept the situation. I did ask if I would have the option of just paying for tapas bar, etc and saving the seven meals for actual meals. She said she assumed so. I told her NCL had already "assumed" enough and I wanted a concrete answe that it would be accepted that way on the ship. She said she would have to call the ship (???) and call me back.

A rep from NCL called me after receiving my SDP purchase receipt and terms and conditions page from purchase date. They had asked me to scan and email everything to them so they could check into my complaint. She said although it wasn't clearly spelled out, it was implied and I should have assumed it was limited to one meal per day. I told her I could tell I was fighting a losing battle with NCL and would need to just accept the situation. I did ask if I would have the option of just paying for tapas bar, etc and saving the seven meals for actual meals. She said she assumed so. I told her NCL had already "assumed" enough and I wanted a concrete answe that it would be accepted that way on the ship. She said she would have to call the ship (???) and call me back.

Interesting.....

Just a steak at ten in Cagneys, I was not leaving the ship without a visit to Cagneys! :D

Still impressive.

I was on the Jade earlier this year and went to cagneys. Didn't manage a dessert.

Great photos, but those overhead shots really illustrate how silly-small the pool is on the new NCL builds.

True, but NCL did a great job at maximizing the top deck space. If you look at http://escape.transatlantic2015.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/Escape-Background.jpg you will notice a whole lot of forward deck is open.

If I am correct; from bow to funnel, the only places inaccessible are Haven roof, forward mast area and the roof of the double pool bar. It's all utilized to the max. A thing NCL overlooked with BA and did better with GA.

Perhaps the new jacuzzis will attract a good enough flow of people to design a larger or a second pool on Bliss?

You guys have convinced me to stick with my plan and just eat at the complimentary choices on board.

Took my grandson and his parents to dinner tonight for his 20th b-day.

Tip alone was $40.00:eek:

When WE were his age, McDonald's hamburgs were 20 cents, fries 15 cents...

it was all we could afford; we were hungry and happy ! :):):)

How lucky we are to be going on a cruise !

Edited by $hip$hape

True, but NCL did a great job at maximizing the top deck space. If you look at http://escape.transatlantic2015.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/Escape-Background.jpg you will notice a whole lot of forward deck is open.

If I am correct; from bow to funnel, the only places inaccessible are Haven roof, forward mast area and the roof of the double pool bar. It's all utilized to the max. A thing NCL overlooked with BA and did better with GA.

Perhaps the new jacuzzis will attract a good enough flow of people to design a larger or a second pool on Bliss?

I wish they would remove the jungle gym and put a pool there, much better use of space

Hi Guys, I,m 88 days out and I can't see any entertainment, I was looking to book the dinner show and a meal on different nights.

Does anyone know when the show will be able to reserve?

I am 85 days out, and I still can't book. I've called NCL a few times, and they can't book it either. They can't see it, meaning it's not opened it. Not sure why ....

Wow!

My point was that you said the price with SDP was $17 whatever. That is crap math, but I didn't want to say that. Jeesh.

Someone had an extra giant helping of bitchflakes this morning.

BITCH FLAKES,

That is my wife's favorite breakfast. She eats them for week, every month.

ImageUploadedByForums1439947103.762054.jpg.e29c8525c62b45b0abe901a35af694b3.jpg

Edited by rydan

Took my grandson and his parents to dinner tonight for his 20th b-day.

Tip alone was $40.00:eek:

When WE were his age, McDonald's hamburgs were 20 cents, fries 15 cents...

it was all we could afford; we were hungry and happy ! :)

Yep. I still remember my whole family (5 people) going to Mac's for a Sunday lunch and all of us combined getting fed for under $5 total. Even so, cruise ship meals have to be one of the best vacation deals going these days, whether you're on a special package of meals or not.

Now if only those damn kids would keep off my lawn.....

I asked this a couple of pages ago and it got buried so I'm "bumping".

It looks to me like deck 7 has a "promenade". Based on the away ships, does NCL build ships with decks where you can walk the entire perimeter of the ship? I know the larger Disney ships have this on deck 4 but have never sailed NCL.

I asked this a couple of pages ago and it got buried so I'm "bumping".

It looks to me like deck 7 has a "promenade". Based on the away ships, does NCL build ships with decks where you can walk the entire perimeter of the ship? I know the larger Disney ships have this on deck 4 but have never sailed NCL.

You can walk out there, but it doesn't go all the way around. Much nicer walking the Waterfront, one deck above. Of course, it does t go all the way around either.

You can walk out there, but it doesn't go all the way around. Much nicer walking the Waterfront, one deck above. Of course, it does t go all the way around either.

Well darn! That's our favorite place on DCL - a great place to walk, relatively quiet, and lovely loungers when you want to relax in the shade. Can't wait to explore the Waterfront and I know there's a jogging track up top. I'm more of an ambler. Smile