Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

From what little I can tell, even though the aft-facing balconies don’t appear to be quite as deep as those on the Getaway, some look to be pretty close.

It looks like they are sized, from largest to smallest, as follows: deck 9, 11, 14, 12, 10 and 13.

Anyone have a better eye than me?

[ATTACH]347034[/ATTACH]

I think 10 may be larger than 11 ... no?

Has anyone determined if there are 2 bedrooms in the H6's?

Still have not seen an official floor plan for the H6 yet. But - I would think just one bedroom and then the sofa space in the seating area for sleeping, based on our experience on the Breakaway and Getaway.

Booking a spa mini-suite (or any kind of spa cabin) would be an excellent idea, so you have access to the Thermal Suite. It's one of the best features of the ship. I feel so bad for people who cruise on Getaway/Breakaway/Escape and who do not get a spa cabin or buy a spa pass. They are missing out on something incredibly unique, special, and delightful. The thermal suite (we experienced it on Getaway) was literally the best cruise ship feature we ever experienced in 25+ cruises.

I have watched your ship/cabins reviews on Youtube!! They are wonderful!! Please continue to do them!! Are you planning to do one from the Escape?

Still have not seen an official floor plan for the H6 yet. But - I would think just one bedroom and then the sofa space in the seating area for sleeping, based on our experience on the Breakaway and Getaway.

That's right - it's 2 bathrooms on the 'away ships. They have it listed as 2-bedrooms / 2-baths on the website, but we all know what that means lol

Edited by SissasMomE

I'm really loving the photos. However, I'm in an OX (Oceanview Guarantee). I'd like to have one of the bow-facing OV's, but I'm afraid I might end up on floors 4 or 5. I've never been "underwater" before, but, hey, it's a cruise. It can't get THAT messed up!

--Michael

The movie renders showed two screens on the wall next to the stage at the main pool (sometimes called the big white box when building Breakaway). They appeared to look like projector screens with a metal frame, not close to the large one at H2O.

Can't find the movie/grab a screenshot right now.

So they do play movies on this screen? I saw people saying they were just showing images. We would love if they showed movies. It was a real treat on the Royal Princess. I know there are people who don't like the movies but with me being handicapped it is nice to relax and night under the stars on the sea and watch a movie. It is not something I can do at home.

So they do play movies on this screen? I saw people saying they were just showing images. We would love if they showed movies. It was a real treat on the Royal Princess. I know there are people who don't like the movies but with me being handicapped it is nice to relax and night under the stars on the sea and watch a movie. It is not something I can do at home.

Found the render,

At 0:05 you will see the screens under the two small radar domes at the main pool's stage.

Last spring Epic's H2O did showed some movies on the eastbound transatlantic. Was a bit cold but it seemed NCL is getting the Princess MUTS idea! So let's hope...

Found the render,

At 0:05 you will see the screens under the two small radar domes at the main pool's stage.

Last spring Epic's H2O did showed some movies on the eastbound transatlantic. Was a bit cold but it seemed NCL is getting the Princess MUTS idea! So let's hope...

Thank you for the info. I watched the youtube video you sent and saw the screen and right after that one was another one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNKZrvwdfvY and this one was about 25 min long but gave some good info on the Escape.

I'm in an OX (Oceanview Guarantee).

I'd like to have one of the bow-facing OV's, but I'm afraid I might end up on floors 4 or 5.

I've never been "underwater" before, but, hey, it's a cruise.

It can't get THAT messed up!

--Michael

I agree!

We'll be on the Escape's cruise from Southampton to Miami.

We traded our bow facing oceanview (AO) on the inaugural transatlantic

for the Paris flight+hotel+cruise package.

We had an AO (cabin 11104) for the NCL Breakaway's inaugural transatlantic and loved it. (On the Cruise Critic "cabin crawl" PAX were amazed at the view and how big the OA was.)

However, for the Escape Paris package, gave up the OA and had to accept an OX(GTY) .

Right now, here in Edinboro, it's snowing(again) and I'm eating a frozen pizza.:D

I agree!

We'll be on the Escape's cruise from Southampton to Miami.

We traded our bow facing oceanview (AO) on the inaugural transatlantic

for the Paris flight+hotel+cruise package.

We had an AO (cabin 11104) for the NCL Breakaway's inaugural transatlantic and loved it. (On the Cruise Critic "cabin crawl" PAX were amazed at the view and how big the OA was.)

However, for the Escape Paris package, gave up the OA and had to accept an OX(GTY) .

Right now, here in Edinboro, it's snowing(again) and I'm eating a frozen pizza.:D

I saw on the news it was snowing up there. Isn't eating a frozen pizza kind of hard on your teeth? :D :p ;)

Anyone heard/seen If there will be an area like Bliss (dance club). We love to dance and can't find it???

I saw this in their advertisement regarding Spice H2O turning into a dance club at night.

Norwegian Escape will also feature Spice H2O and Vibe Beach Club, two adult-only outdoor favorites perfect for lounging away the day. Spice H2O, located at the back of the ship on deck 17, is an adult-only enclave offering day-time complimentary leisure. A bevy of sun loungers surround a huge video screen, while two hot tubs await for those looking to de-stress. An all-new soothing grotto area, complete with waterfalls and perfect for cooling off from the warm Caribbean sun, will enchant guests upon entering the venue, offering an exotic escape. At night, all guests can dance under the stars in this open-air dance club or enjoy a cocktail at the bar with accompanying lounge area, featuring comfortable seating while admiring the ocean views.

No Bliss on the Escape, Skyline bar replaced it. Which is a poker tabletop bar.

I am curious how NCL sees Escape, with the dome covered Haven (as Breakaway) with leaving out an indoor nightclub and advertising an outdoor venue instead.

....which brings me to one of our questions!

In the renderings it does not appear that there is an "upper level" to the Haven space - like on the Getaway and Breakaway. We preferred that upper level with the lounger and clam chairs to the pool area in the Courtyard - particularly on sea days.

Do we think that space is gone - or just not visually connected to the Courtyard space?? :confused:

....which brings me to one of our questions!

In the renderings it does not appear that there is an "upper level" to the Haven space - like on the Getaway and Breakaway. We preferred that upper level with the lounger and clam chairs to the pool area in the Courtyard - particularly on sea days.

Do we think that space is gone - or just not visually connected to the Courtyard space?? :confused:

The Haven courtyard/private sun deck? It's on the deckplans, next to Vibe.

2ly4qpd.jpg

The Haven courtyard/private sun deck? It's on the deckplans, next to Vibe.

2ly4qpd.jpg

Yes - I did see that but I'm questioning access to that area and the connection of that area to the Courtyard. This rendering seems to suggest that the sun deck is truly separate - unlike on the Getaway where it overlooked the Courtyard area no??

a40138bcff2c6f6b3762631583f7559f.jpg.1daa8d96f17c9dffa4e7bde51187df80.jpg

haven-day.jpg.97ba6676f99233822101e5a184398877.jpg

Edited by happy cruzin

Found the render,

Thank you Freestyle...I watched this today. Lots of information there too.

From the deck plans, it appears that part of the Haven Sun Deck overlooks the Courtyard. The only difference from the Getaway is that the Sundeck does not wrap around the entire Courtyard. I would assume that access is similar (through a stairway at the Forward end of the Courtyard).

From the deck plans, it appears that part of the Haven Sun Deck overlooks the Courtyard. The only difference from the Getaway is that the Sundeck does not wrap around the entire Courtyard. I would assume that access is similar (through a stairway at the Forward end of the Courtyard).

Maybe you are right - that it's more like the upper sun deck of the Epic - with just part of of overlooking the Courtyard. ;)

4ae5d5c00ee89f6a1034b4491c047254.jpg.17cc0b5f987347bb6fa8b0ba2a312860.jpg

Ok I know there are some that could care less to watch a movie under the starts. But I am not one of them..nor is my husband. When we were on the Princess we really enjoyed this option in the day while lounging at the pool and in the evening when relaxing on deck.

On the Escape it looks as though there will be this option. At least that is what I think I am seeing. Does anyone know if there is a large screen that will play movies in the day or night?

CUontheC: There is definitely a huge screen on the aft Spice H2O deck, and they definitely play movies there. If the Getaway was any example, there will be something there in the afternoons. They might show films at night, but many nights, Spice H2O is the site of various parties. Then, the screen is dedicated to those themes.

There were movies shown on the big screen in the Atrium, too. They were woven around live shows and games there.