Oh Gosh! Check Everything! 2 pairs of eyes!

Katoo

I have my old passport and this thread is a reminder that I should probably get rid of it!

Do what I did. I framed mine opened so just the cover shows, tore a couple pages out to use as background added a couple post cards and othere tiny souvenirs. Its in the room I pack our bags in. So I didn't have to destroy it and its always there as a momento.

I'm an obsessive document checker. At least a week before we leave I put all the travel docs in our travel folder and go to the bank to get cash. I probably check that folder a dozen times before we walk out the door.

Ditto!:D Better safe than sorry!

Booze Babe,

I love your idea...May I steal it...the idea that is! :)

Edited by mousey

Obsessive here too!

The only thing DH packs I his clothes, and we do that together so I can tick off everything on the list as we go. We've done this for every trip we've ever taken. It drives him nuts, but he never forgets anything, which is good for me since it would bother me more than him to have him wear the same underwear for a week!

I've got my documents all ready to go in my cruise binder with all our boarding passes, ports plans, completed packing list with items in our checked bags highlighted (so we know what to replace if our luggage doesn't make it to Miami with us), pens, note cards, and door decoration.

Yes, I'm one of those people and I've made.peace with that. :p

I'm so glad I'm not the only one with a folder and packing list. I also do a document with my complete itinerary, contact info, booking numbers and insurance information. I tell myself it's so that people at home know everything but it's mostly for me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Obsessive here too!

The only thing DH packs I his clothes, and we do that together so I can tick off everything on the list as we go. We've done this for every trip we've ever taken. It drives him nuts, but he never forgets anything, which is good for me since it would bother me more than him to have him wear the same underwear for a week!

I've got my documents all ready to go in my cruise binder with all our boarding passes, ports plans, completed packing list with items in our checked bags highlighted (so we know what to replace if our luggage doesn't make it to Miami with us), pens, note cards, and door decoration.

Yes, I'm one of those people and I've made.peace with that. :p

Oh, this thread has made me feel soooo much better about myself. Reading some of these to DH and he asked, "Are all those what you wrote?" hahahaha

Yikes is right! Great catch there. Years ago my wife and I were heading to St Maarten, and drove all the way to Boston from NH, and got to the airport when I discovered I had left my cash home. This was in the days of few ATM's, and no debit cards.

Kevin C

My dad did this exact same thing in the days before debit cards and widespread ATM's (or MAC machines as they used to be called). We were on our way to the mountains in upstate New York from southern New Jersey. Well, we stopped for gas somewhere north of Albany, and that's when my dad realized that he'd left his wallet at home. He had no money, no credit cards and no driver's license. Luckily my mom had about $100 on her, so we were able to pay for the gas, and my mom called her brother from a pay phone and he wired us $1500 via Western Union. By the time we got to the mountain resort several hours later, my dad was able to go to the Western Union at the local supermarket and pick up the money. Because of that experience, I triple check everything before leaving on a trip.

I'm an obsessive document checker. At least a week before we leave I put all the travel docs in our travel folder and go to the bank to get cash. I probably check that folder a dozen times before we walk out the door.

I am like you I will probably check mine at least 5 or 6 times that last couple of days and the last check is just before we get into the car. I use a plastic check sorter/storage pouch with different sections in it. I keep all of our important things in there. Passports, check in documents, cruise luggage tags (if flying to port). If we have excursions booked all docs for that and contact information are there as well as any monies for excursions and for tips onboard. When on our European cruises I had the other currencies in there as well. I have everything in there in the order I will need them with a section for each port.

I hang onto that organizer the entire trip to the port and then put it in the safe in our room.

OP I would take that old passport and seal it in an envelope or Ziploc bag and label it as the old one.

Always double check... I took my father-in-law on vacation a few years back... Bought my airfare through Priceline (no refunds or changes allowed)

The day before we were to come home, I go to do the online check-in and it cant find me... I look at my conformation... I booked the return home A YEAR LATER. lol

Guess I clicked the wrong arrow on the date select box or something... lol

Man it was a good year on that ship will we were able to come home :P (I wish) lol

Oh boy....

I am like you I will probably check mine at least 5 or 6 times that last couple of days and the last check is just before we get into the car. I use a plastic check sorter/storage pouch with different sections in it. I keep all of our important things in there. Passports, check in documents, cruise luggage tags (if flying to port). If we have excursions booked all docs for that and contact information are there as well as any monies for excursions and for tips onboard. When on our European cruises I had the other currencies in there as well. I have everything in there in the order I will need them with a section for each port.

I hang onto that organizer the entire trip to the port and then put it in the safe in our room.

OP I would take that old passport and seal it in an envelope or Ziploc bag and label it as the old one.

Me too, I have even made a Pitt stop before leaving the neighborhood just to put my eyes on them one more time. Now long as we don't put them in the checked luggage we're fine. Ha ha

Me too,plus 3 or 4 times in the car,then a couple of times in the motel,then in the car service on the way to the port.Mine will wear out from wear!

Laura

Two years ago we were staying at Springhill Suites in FL one night precruise. When we arrived and was checking in the person could not find my reservation. How could that be? I had my confirmation printout and handed it to her, and guess what? It was for Jan 15 not Feb 15th!!!!!!!!!!

Needless to say I was a basketcase, luckily they found us a room (for more than double what I had reserved at). So that is why I now check, double check and triple check all my reservations!!:D