Binoculars and Umbrellas on Marina

1westover

Are Binoculars or umbrellas provided on Oceania Marina?

Thanks

I have never seen binoculars on our level cabin but there are umbrellas in the closet. These are the very large golf type of umbrella. We bring our own since they are small and can fit into your purse/back back. The umbrellas Oceania supplies are nice but very large.

The umbrellas are not very practical. If it "might" rain, I do not want to carry around a large umbrella We usually take a small folding umbrella that I can throw in a tote bag or back pack.

I believe we had binoculars in a PH.

We were in an OC on the BCN-Rio cruise in November and it never occurred to me to look to see if we had binoculars available.

When we found the binocs in our Vista on our previous cruise, I was concerned that someone had left them behind!

Did you have binocs on the PH on an "R" ship or an "O" ship? I know you prefer the "R" ships.

Mura

We were in an OC on the BCN-Rio cruise in November and it never occurred to me to look to see if we had binoculars available.

When we found the binocs in our Vista on our previous cruise, I was concerned that someone had left them behind!

Did you have binocs on the PH on an "R" ship or an "O" ship? I know you prefer the "R" ships.

Mura

I don't recall which ship (I was in PH on Marina for a TA). Maybe I am confusing with Celebrity??

I don't recall which ship (I was in PH on Marina for a TA). Maybe I am confusing with Celebrity??

That's probably very possible! I never ever noticed binocs in PH cabins on the "R" ships but then I didn't look. If they are available in the top three levels on Marina and Riviera, then I suspect they are NOT available on PHs on Regatta, Insignia or Nautica.

But I'm guessing, too.

Mura

That's probably very possible! I never ever noticed binocs in PH cabins on the "R" ships but then I didn't look. If they are available in the top three levels on Marina and Riviera, then I suspect they are NOT available on PHs on Regatta, Insignia or Nautica.

But I'm guessing, too.

Mura

I have never used them. I rely on my telephoto lens.

Actually, the binoculars they supply are mediocre quality at best (not surprising) but they serve their purpose. We have really good ones (small and lightweight too) that we bought for our safari and if I were going somewhere that binoculars might be handy I would probably take them along.

I have never used them. I rely on my telephoto lens.

Actually, the binoculars they supply are mediocre quality at best (not surprising) but they serve their purpose. We have really good ones (small and lightweight too) that we bought for our safari and if I were going somewhere that binoculars might be handy I would probably take them along.

In general I rely on the telephoto lens as well. (My fingers wrote "telephone lens" but I was thinking "telephoto". How does that happen?)

DH had some wonderfully marvelous very light weight binocs once upon a time that were good enough for the theater and even better in nature. But a chamber maid in Lisbon stole them -- well we think think she did the deed, could never prove it. We got decent substitutes in terms of seeing what we wanted to see, but they were always much heavier in weight.

And like you, we prefer a small telescopic umbrella to the monsters that O lends you. I had a friend in college (she still is) who preferred small umbrellas because she didn't want to share! There is a rationale there ...

Mura

Mura

Sad to say, there is a strong likelihood that I left a pair of expensive Zeiss binoculars in cabin 11023 last month on Marina. O's home office has been some help, but they were not located them.

I can only assume that a couple of passengers are duly impressed with the PH binoculars available for guest's use/taking.

Oh we'll, lesson learned.

Edited by kiawahdon

Sad to say, there is a strong likelihood that I left a pair of expensive Zeiss binoculars in cabin 11023 last month on Marina. O's home office has been some help, but they were not located them.

I can only assume that a couple of passengers are duly impressed with the PH binoculars available for guest's use/taking.

Just re-book the same cabin for your next cruise and you can use them too......

Just a hint from someone who has had cell phones, expensive sunglasses and other electronics returned to her by total strangers.

On the back of every gadget or inside the case we put a label (using a P Touch) - reward + a phone number. it is amazing how people will go out of their way to return an item (even taxi drivers in NY, airplane employees). We have it on cameras, iPhones, iPads, notebook computers our portable gps, binoculars - anything that is easily misplaced or left behind. Most people do not even want the reward -- just the postage.

Azamara supplies crummy binoculars in all its cabins; Riviera certainly does not in its B-veranda cabins.

I didn't think they were crummy at all and certainly served the purpose. Again. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I am thrilled to just be on any cruise. Any extra perks are a bonus.