Let me get this straight-dynamic dining

Is dynamic dining really any different from NCL's Freestyle? We aren't going on the Q class but we are wondering. And is the dynamic dining going to be implemented fleet wide :eek: Will there be any set dining times on the Q class :eek: Dynamic dining seems to be so :eek: :eek: :eek:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk. Please excuse any typographical errors.

Edited by kwazi07

Is dynamic dining really any different from NCL's Freestyle? We aren't going on the Q class but we are wondering. And is the dynamic dining going to be implemented fleet wide :eek: Will there be any set dining times on the Q class :eek: Dynamic dining seems to be so :eek: :eek: :eek:

Per the information provided by Adam Goldstein last Thursday during the Google Hangout, Dynamic Dining will apply only to Quantum and Anthem and will be an expansion on MTD whereby the passengers can eat at any restaurant at any time with or without reservations.

There will not be an early / late fixed seating. One of four main dining rooms will be formal every night for those who want to dress for dinner. Otherwise most will be casual. Each of the main dining rooms will be themed with their own expanded menu that will remain fixed all week.

There will be 18 dining venues total - many which will be familiar such as Sorrento's, Windjammer, Park Cafe, Johnny Rockets, Izumi, Chefs Table, Chops, and the four segmented main dining rooms. Others such as Cafe Two 70, a new Italian venue, and a few others will be new.

It would appear as though about half will be complimentary and half will be surcharged. There are no short term plans to roll this out fleet wide.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

It seems like the 18 venues they tout is inflated-they count the coffee shop and Solarium cafe! I actually love the set dining times, am I in the minority?! Why are cruise lines so insistent on MTD type things? Why does a cruise have to be so similar to a land based vacation:eek:

Love it...after 52 cruises, why would I want to be told WHEN I'm hungry and want to eat? I think it's a great concept!

Everyone has their opinions, but I enjoy the set times. It just feels traditional. I wish RCL had a TRUE MTD, so you don't have to make reservations.

Everyone has their opinions, but I enjoy the set times. It just feels traditional. I wish RCL had a TRUE MTD, so you don't have to make reservations.

They do! On every ship right now. The only two that won't is The Quantum & The Anthem.

They do! On every ship right now. The only two that won't is The Quantum & The Anthem.

Don't you have to make reservations instead of walking up?

Per the information provided by Adam Goldstein last Thursday during the Google Hangout, Dynamic Dining will apply only to Quantum and Anthem and will be an expansion on MTD whereby the passengers can eat at any restaurant at any time with or without reservations.

There will not be an early / late fixed seating. One of four main dining rooms will be formal every night for those who want to dress for dinner. Otherwise most will be casual. Each of the main dining rooms will be themed with their own expanded menu that will remain fixed all week.

There will be 18 dining venues total - many which will be familiar such as Sorrento's, Windjammer, Park Cafe, Johnny Rockets, Izumi, Chefs Table, Chops, and the four segmented main dining rooms. Others such as Cafe Two 70, a new Italian venue, and a few others will be new.

It would appear as though about half will be complimentary and half will be surcharged. There are no short term plans to roll this out fleet wide.

5 will be no-surcharge. You'll pay at the rest.

They have The Main Dinning early and late seating 5:30 or 6:00 for early and 8:00 or 8:30 for late, depending on the ship. Also they have My Time Dinning where you can make reservations or just show up. Pretty good options I think.

Specialty dining is a little annoying. Especially for a family of 5.

No, you don't "have" to! You can if you want...but I've never made reservations when I have MTD & have never had more than a few minutes wait, if that...If you have a larger party...you may find it quicker to make a reservation...but even that can be changed day by day if you want...

No "Behemoth of the Seas" for us.

That is why Royal has so many ships, not everyone likes the same thing. My wife and I happen to like the Behemoth's much more then the small ships. But many others like the smaller ships. I am glad the have choices.

My understanding is the four main dining rooms (Chic, The Grande, American Icon Grill, Silk), Windjammer, Sorrentos, and Cafe Promenade will remain no charge - that would be 7. Perhaps there may be others as well at n/c - Cafe Two70? Michael's Pub?.

Do you have other different information as to any of these being surcharge restaurants? Just wondering.

My understanding is the four main dining rooms (Chic, The Grande, American Icon Grill, Silk), Windjammer, Sorrentos, and Cafe Promenade will remain no charge - that would be 7. Perhaps there may be others as well at n/c - Cafe Two70? Michael's Pub?.

Do you have other different information as to any of these being surcharge restaurants? Just wondering.

LEAVEITALLBEHIND... I was looking for you... booked another cruise! Shoot me a message when you can. We go august 4 - 9 on Vision, let me know if you have any reviews of it.

All that you listed plus Coastal Kitchen is free for suite guests. cafe 270 is free as well as the solarium bistro for breakfast and finally the doghouse.

Michael's Pub is for a fee.

You are right about all of them and Cafe Two70. Also Costal Kitchen if you are in a JS or above. This year Oasis next year Anthem for us.

LEAVEITALLBEHIND... I was looking for you... booked another cruise! Shoot me a message when you can. We go august 4 - 9 on Vision, let me know if you have any reviews of it.

Hi palofmine. I don't have any reviews on Vision as we've never sailed her. But this link will take you to the CC Review section specific to Vision reviews. Enjoy your cruise!

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/getreviews.cfm?action=ship&ShipID=83

All that you listed plus Coastal Kitchen is free for suite guests. cafe 270 is free as well as the solarium bistro for breakfast and finally the doghouse.

Michael's Pub is for a fee.

Yeah I thought that it looked like it might be about a 50/50 split of free v surcharge from my pirated PDF ;).

Were you on the Google Hangout?

I was on Thursday but missed the first 10 minutes or so.

I found Adam dud a much better job in answering the questions than the official RCI spokesperson on the Quantum dining thread who seemed to be reading off the script.

It will be interesting to hear the reviews in the first few months of sailings.

I found Adam dud a much better job in answering the questions than the official RCI spokesperson on the Quantum dining thread who seemed to be reading off the script.

It will be interesting to hear the reviews in the first few months of sailings.

Agree with your comments on AG.

I mentioned on another of our threads that we are waiting for the 2015 schedules to come out - thinking about a summer '15 Quantum timeline. (Maybe Anthem as an alternative in Europe, but Bayonne would be so much easier and less $). See what the Quantum itineraries are when they finally are posted.