Internet and Kindle Fire

kitty9

I'm taking my Kindle Fire HD on an upcoming cruise and I was wondering if it can be used for wifi Internet. The reason I ask is, on my last cruise on Equinox, the guy running the computer center said that they don't like to do Kindles and prefer iPads, and not to bother bringing that platform on Celebrity. So, has anyone used a Kindle Fire on board for checking email and the like? Were they able to set up a Kindle similar to how they do it for an ipad?

I'm taking my Kindle Fire HD on an upcoming cruise and I was wondering if it can be used for wifi Internet. The reason I ask is, on my last cruise on Equinox, the guy running the computer center said that they don't like to do Kindles and prefer iPads, and not to bother bringing that platform on Celebrity. So, has anyone used a Kindle Fire on board for checking email and the like? Were they able to set up a Kindle similar to how they do it for an ipad?

as long as you can set up WiFi you should be able to use it. Celebrity I think has a contract with Apple for on board internet computers.

Hi

I took my Kindle Fire on last cruise and paid for wifi internet and it worked ok. Internet was slow.

Tom

What a terrible answer...shows a lack of technical knowledge and is actually insulting your choice of platforms. That guy should get a job in HQ, far away from passengers.

You will have no problem with a kindle fire HD...as long as you know how to bookmark a page (which you will need to do to sign off the ship's internet).

I have found that some of the tech support people are much more helpful than others. In the fall I took my Kindle fire on an 18 day transpacific cruise and with the help of a very good support guy it worked like a charm. He had no problems helping me set it up at all.

Some Apple techs are just useless fanboys who barely acknowledge the existence of other platforms while others are more concerned with actually solving a customer's problem. Fact is that wifi is wifi and if it works elsewhere it will work on board the ship. Anyone who tries do discourage non-Apple devices is either being lazy or displaying a complete lack of expertise.

Fact is that wifi is wifi and if it works elsewhere it will work on board the ship. Anyone who tries do discourage non-Apple devices is either being lazy or displaying a complete lack of expertise.

Couldn't have said it better myself. :)

The kindle Fire hd is just a tablet from another company, while not an iPad, it will do most anything you want. WOW cannot believe what was said to you, maybe out of context, but you have to remember that X is a apple store on water.