Question about when your luggage is delivered after boarding?

We normally cruise Carnival, this will be our first time in 10 years going back to Royal and my brother said he read somewhere that our luggage won't be delivered to our room until 8:00pm?? I have never heard of such a thing, our luggage was always delivered shortly after we boarded on Carnival and 8:00pm seems crazy late. We will be checking several items that our twin babies will need well before 8:00pm. We are going on Enchantment of the seas on Monday.

Whenever we sailed with DD at that age, anything we may need the first day we took in carry on.

The earlier onboard generally the quicker to receive as it's not getting back logged. Most times we have by mid afternoon when we get on early. We are normally unpacked before muster time! Sometimes we have had a case turn up a couple of hours after the other one. Luck of the drawer but unless you leave it until quite late to get on you should have no later that first seating dinner.

Edited by Spurschick

Same here....if they are on top of a pile, they are first off! If they are on the bottom of a pile, it takes longer. They will eventually get to you!

That's why you should carry on ANYTHING you need before bedtime, including ANYTHING of value or medical necessity!

our bags were delayed for a while... I put an iron in one, and they called our room when we were walking around. I finally called down , and found out that was why it was delayed. just carry on clothes for dinner, and invest in Downy dewrinkler. PS they give you a "attire" pass for dinner the first night :)

8 pm is late but it is certainly possible, just not probable. :) We've taken several cruises as you can see and none of our luggage was ever later than sail away time. I honestly don't think it has to do with boarding order, as we were one of the first groups to board on Serenade a few weeks ago, yet we waited a loooong time for our bags. Oh well. :p

Welcome back to Royal! Hope you have a great time.

We are usually among the first one or within the first hour or two and our luggage has always arrived before the muster drill (late afternoon). I believe for our Southern Caribbean cruise (leaving dock later), we got it just before dinner.

When your traveling with twins and an older child, its very hard to carry on everything they need before bedtime, WAY too much to carry on, we plan to board early, around 12:00pm, so hopefully we'll get our luggage earlier.

I appreciate with kids you need more things to get you through. And obviously I have no idea how old they are. Ever since DD was 6 or 7 she has always pulled her own pull along travel case and wore an age appropriate back pack. It made her feel very grown up:) is your older child able to assist?

Please don't get me wrong I am not trying to be rude, I am just trying to offer ideas to assist with getting as much as possible in carry on just in case the bags are delayed.

I have to say that in 27 Royal Caribbean cruises there have been few where we have received our luggage before 6 PM dinner even though we are always among the first on board. But how much earlier than 6 we don't know.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

When your traveling with twins and an older child, its very hard to carry on everything they need before bedtime, WAY too much to carry on, we plan to board early, around 12:00pm, so hopefully we'll get our luggage earlier.

You'll probably get your bags early, but you most certainly can carry on everything you need into the early evening for three three kids. Backpacks and/or a small roller suitcase will do just fine.

It's much harder on an airplane, and we never had issues.

Thanks everyone, my twins are only 13 months old and I will be pushing a double stroller, they can't carry anything and my 6 year old may be able to carry a back pack at best, I can hang a small bag or two from the stroller but I can't pull anything pushing a double stroller. I will not be able to carry on all that I need but will try to carry on the most needed items and hope the rest comes at a reasonable time.