Willie Aames resigns as CD

WesW

FYI, we thoroughly enjoyed Willie as our CD for two voyages on the Voyager (Dubai to Athens, Athens to Istanbul) a few years ago. He recently got married and is moving on, leaving as a CD (via his Facebook post 25 min ago) for both Regent & Oceania.

Edited by Colonel(Ret.)Wes

Caroldoll TAKE A deep breath NOW!

ALSO, I was looking forward having Willie as CD on my next cruise!

Congratulations on your marriage -- ALL HAPPINESS FOR BOTH OF YOU FOR MANY DECADES!

Ted, very nice post, am sure Willie will read it. Have been friends with Willie since we met on the Voyager in April 2012. His cruise director style was infectious--always warm, engaging, and going above & beyond for guests. Particularly liked his support of our Meet & Greets for two voyages--better than any Regent CD. I get a daily dose of Willie's marvelous personality on Facebook--no other of my FB friends posts as eloquently and directly from the heart as Willie.

Thanks for posting this, Wes. We have only cruised once with him, one of his early ones, and very much enjoyed his work, attitude, personality and style. He took charge of a significant situation affecting everyone on the cruise, kept us all well informed, stayed up front throughout and dealt with the issues when others stayed in the shadows. Very professional and very personable. We will miss him on future cruises.

We are not FB members. Would you please pass along best wishes from past guests.

We had Willie on Regatta last year Miami to San Francisco . Indeed a good Cruise Director.

A bit of a legend in his own lunchtime, who had great trouble pronouncing the word Regatta which is correctly pronounced as ReGATta not ReGARTA .

• 8 months later...
Well Gosh' date=' Golly Gee!

The World according to Willie will be missed![/quote']

We just learned that Willie Aames is returning to Regent....and very soon. He will be relieving Lorraine as CD on the Mariner in early January.

This is one positive from all of the recent changes at PCH. We have had the pleasure of being on 2 cruises with Willie, and he is a very personable CD. Hopefully, we will see him on a future voyage.:D

• 11 months later...
Thanks for sharing Anchorbuoy, should have caught Willie's news back in late November on his Facebook page. Our favorite Regent CD, almost makes us want to sail Regent again..almost.

Willie has recently posted that he is now part of Viking Ocean. Along with Paul Reynolds, that makes 2 Regent cruise directors to go to Viking. We miss both of them, but wish them continuing success.

Willie has recently posted that he is now part of Viking Ocean. Along with Paul Reynolds, that makes 2 Regent cruise directors to go to Viking. We miss both of them, but wish them continuing success.

I know that Paul is happy at Viking Ocean but still hope he returns to Regent when the three new ships are completed. There are quite a few Regent crew members that left for Viking...... more $$$ - free internet, etc. I do predict that some will return to Regent. I'm surprised that Willie took another job on a ship. He is so in happy in his marriage that I assumed that he would be happier at home - doing entertainment gigs from there.

Travelcat2,

It may be a bit longer of a wait as Viking Ocean Cruises has ordered more ships with 2018 and 2020 launch dates:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/cruises/cruiselog/2015/11/11/viking-ocean-cruise-line-star-ships/75574586/

Wow... thanks for the info. Now I need to hope that Paul vets bored and misses Regent.

Willie Aames was CD on our maiden Regent cruise in April 15, on Mariner. He was also on our return flight from Venice to Heathrow.

Never been bothered about a CD before but he was top class, very professional yet friendly and amiable. As a show compère he was superb but it was his general approach, humour, disposition and visibility that made him stand out. Enjoyed a few chats with him around the ship too - terrific guy.

Best of luck to him, pity we won't see him on Explorer next year, Inwashoping that we might have done. Pleased things are going well for him too.

Edited by Pies4u

Willie Aames was CD on our maiden Regent cruise in April 15, on Mariner. He was also on our return flight from Venice to Heathrow.

Never been bothered about a CD before but he was top class, very professional yet friendly and amiable. As a show compère he was superb but it was his general approach, humour, disposition and visibility that made him stand out. Enjoyed a few chats with him around the ship too - terrific guy.

Best of luck to him, pity we won't see him on Explorer next year, Inwashoping that we might have done. Pleased things are going well for him too.

You will be seeing the senior officers on the Explorer next year....... General Manager Franck Galzy, Cruise Director Jamie, etc.

Agree that Willie is a very nice person but was fairly new to Regent (and spent a few contracts on Oceania).

and all time top notch CD's. In my opinion, a highly professional CD and make a cruise. Ray is still with Regent, but Willie is a BIG LOSS. We have done Regent and Oceania and have never had anyone better than the above two gentlemen.

Makes me think about going on Viking..even though I am not crazy about their product!