Allure debarkation: getting a taxi

Hello all

I will be on the Allure next week (spring break) where I'm sure it will be mayhem upon disembarking. Is it a long wait for a taxi (for 2) to Fort Lauderdale airport? I should probably allow for wait time when determining what time to disembark the ship? Or, am I better off doing a shuttle, and if so, how?

Much thanks in advance!

Hello all

I will be on the Allure next week (spring break) where I'm sure it will be mayhem upon disembarking. Is it a long wait for a taxi (for 2) to Fort Lauderdale airport? I should probably allow for wait time when determining what time to disembark the ship? Or, am I better off doing a shuttle, and if so, how?

Much thanks in advance!

We've never had more than a 5 minute wait time for a taxi at Port Everglades. This includes an Allure cruise a couple of years ago.

Never had a problem getting a taxi - bear to your left as you exit the terminal. People catching shuttles kind of go to the right/straight ahead - the two are well separated.

There are lots of people to help/direct you.

Cabs are lined up and quickly filled by a dispatcher and sent on their way. Very organized - never even had a line - usually the dispatchers take care of everything. Our last cruise on the Allure (October 2013) they had two lines of cabs going simultaneously - no one waited.

Much prefer cab to shuttle (cheaper too).

You also might be able to prebook the shuttle for debarkation day once you get onboard.

This varies from port to port and whether your phone works outside the US, but if you call a day ahead, you *might* be able to pre-arrange a taxi to come for you specifically instead of waiting in line. Just make sure you find out where to meet the taxi.

We've never had more than a 5 minute wait time for a taxi at Port Everglades. This includes an Allure cruise a couple of years ago.

I actually talked to one of the cab drivers about this specifically with Allure/Oasis. They know from experience that each time the ship comes in that X number of cabs will be needed. He said 85% of the time there is little or no wait because they know how many people to expect and its a quick turn around for people going to Port Everglades.

He also said that there are odd ball weeks where there are more non- Americans as part of the passengers and they are more likely to need cabs, so there can be a wait till some of the early departures get back to the port. He also said there were weeks when a great percentage of people want a taxi to MIA as well. He also said they are usually fairly spread out from 7am to a few stragglers around 10:30, but every now and then get yet a 7:30 rush and someone might have to wait for a cab to return from the airport.

2011 I walked right to a cab, in 2013 I had a later flight so I killed time with a post cruise excursion.

Edited by BillOh