Your Lido Buffet "Creations"

If I don't do breakfast in the MDR, I create a breakfast bowl at the buffet. Scrambled eggs (they are otherwise inedible), hash browns, crumbled sausage, grilled onions and peppers (from the sausage conconction), tomatoes, fresh pico, melted cheese, and salsa.

Eggs, Grilled Onion,Tomatoes,Fresh Pico, and melted cheese sounds great to me.

On ships that still have fish in chips as well as the Blue Iguana Grill, I've gotten fish, taken off the breading, and then headed down to the BI. Asked for tortillas (they'll give you about 4) and made my own fish tacos with all the condiments in the salsa bar, better than the fish they use at BI. :)

I love this FISH taco idea.

Do you all think Carnival Food has gotten better or worse in the last couple of years?

Anybody combine items from different sections of the buffet to make an "off menu" item? At breakfast I like putting bacon and peanut butter on a bagel. My next cruise I'm going to see if they have sliced swiss and 1000 island to add to my hotdog and sauerkraut to make a Reuben dog. Anybody else have any "recipes?"

I find the scrambled eggs on Lido to be disgusting. I almost vomited just feeling them in my mouth, however, when I got a cheese omelet it wasn't as bad.

I put my cheese omelet on a buttered croissant for breakfast and love it!

You now have a legitimate reason to book another cruise. :D

This is OFF this topic, But what do you do in the PORTS that you have seen many many times. I noticed on your signature that you have been the same places many times.

I recently thought of this, and haven't tried it, but from the outside grill, take some french fries, add some cheese, then go inside to the salad bar and add some bacon bits.

You now have bacon and cheese fries.

I thought I was being a rebel doing this, although I never added the bacon bits. Just cheese fries. There are some great ideas in this thread.

Between Going To The Grill And Salad Bar I Make Some Mean Nachos! I Have Been Asked Several Times EachCruise "Where Are those Nachos Found?" Yep, I Clue Them In.

For Sea Days On The Ships That Do Not Have Guy Burgers, I Grab Bacon From Late Risers Breakfast And Slap On A Burger From The Grill With Cheese...Baboon Cheese Burger!

I don't like the powdered eggs from the buffet so I get two eggs over medium from the omelette station, then get a bagel or toast, the allotted two strips of bacon and then tomato and mayo and I make my own egg sandwich!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I cruised a month ago on the Pride and there was NO bacon police all week.

I tried the milkshake on our cruise a couple weeks ago and it was so good! I used a swirl of chocolate and vanilla ice cream and chocolate milk. Every morning I grabbed the chocolate milk from breakfast and stored it in our fridge to make the shakes later in the day. One morning I spotted the peanut butter and a banana so I grabbed those too. That one was a little more work to mix - but worth it! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I find the scrambled eggs on Lido to be disgusting. I almost vomited just feeling them in my mouth, however, when I got a cheese omelet it wasn't as bad.

The scrambled eggs are from a mix, omelettes are made with fresh eggs. That's the difference.

I don't have any crazy combinations, but here are a few that I like:

1) At the Grill, ask for a double cheeseburger, especially if they are just coming off the grill.

2) I love cheese, but they just don't put enough in the omelets - so I head to the salad bar area at breakfast, and put the slices of cheese over my finished omelet. It melts in about a minute, and presto chango, melty cheesy omelet! Combine with croissants and excessive bacon (Tip - just keep asking the bacon police for more or tell them how many pieces you wish - and yes, i do wish 12!), and you have a breakfast fit for a king!

3) At the Deli, you are only limited by your imagination - they will make you anything there, as long as they have the ingredients -- grilled cheese for the kids on the press, and anything on ciabatta for me, or a rueben subbing mayo for thousand island dressing are some of my favorites.

4) And for dessert, ice cream cookie sandwiches (the soft serve doesn't tend to be cold enough to make this work as much as it does in my mind, but it tastes good just the same). Take two chocolate chip cookies, add soft serve in between them, and there you go!

Grab some pineapple and ham from the salad area and keep in the room fridge until later in the evening, then take it to the pizza station and see if they would make a hawiian pizza for us. I don't think I would try this during peak times, but maybe when it is slow, during the show times? What do you think?

Grab some pineapple and ham from the salad area and keep in the room fridge until later in the evening, then take it to the pizza station and see if they would make a hawiian pizza for us. I don't think I would try this during peak times, but maybe when it is slow, during the show times? What do you think?

For sanitary reasons they cannot take food items from you behind the counter. You can however add them after you get your pizza.

Hubby tried this with a never opened can of anchovies.

Edited by springs741

The scrambled eggs are from a mix, omelettes are made with fresh eggs. That's the difference.

unfortunately this is not always true. On some ships, I have had omelettes made from the mix on both the lido and dining room. On others they use real eggs. FYI, make sure you ask your waiter or you may be surprised!

Edited by SmogMonster
spelliing error

We were just on the Freedom and tried the chocolate chip cookie milkshake idea; it was delicious! This was our first cruise with Guy's Burgers, so we may have overdone it a little bit. I think we ate there five of the eight days. I put ranch, chipotle mayo, bacon, and grilled onions on my fries, and it was soooooo good. I think I've turned into one of those "I will only sail on a ship with GB and BI" people :)

Im loving this thread!!!

I plan to try the milkshake and also im thinking I may make my own version of the big mac......Burger, thousand island, lettuce

I also love to make a cup of cocoa at the end of the night with a little vanilla ice cream on top...noneed to mix...it all comes together...

Between Going To The Grill And Salad Bar I Make Some Mean Nachos! I Have Been Asked Several Times EachCruise "Where Are those Nachos Found?" Yep, I Clue Them In.

For Sea Days On The Ships That Do Not Have Guy Burgers, I Grab Bacon From Late Risers Breakfast And Slap On A Burger From The Grill With Cheese...Baboon Cheese Burger!

Are the chips at Blue Iguana? Cheese at the Salad Bar?? I'm very interested in these Nachos you speak of...LOL

Are the chips at Blue Iguana? Cheese at the Salad Bar?? I'm very interested in these Nachos you speak of...LOL

I was wondering about the chips also. I've never seen any at Blue Iguana.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe I'm weird, but when the omelet line is too long and I need to get off the ship for an excursion, I will get the scrambled eggs and add a container of cream cheese and add salsa and mix. I had something similar to this at a B & B in Taos.

Sharon

I can only speak about NCL but I usually get a Caesar salad for lunch and then add some rotisserie chicken. My son loves root beer floats so he gets a bowl of vanilla ice cream, puts it in a cup and adds a can of root beer that we bring from home. He also has been known to ask for a fried egg cooked to order at the egg station and then makes his own egg sandwich for breakfast. He and my husband also take the freshly made to order crepes and go fill those with ice cream instead of the usual fruit toppings.