Your Lido Buffet "Creations"

cookie & ice cream sandwhiches, or brownies with ice cream

Just tried this (two weeks ago on the Breeze) using two chocolate chip cookies and putting ice cream between after reading your post. It was awesome. Thanks for sharing

OK all. I am putting together a list of Lido combinations. Should have it together tomorrow - Monday 7/28 unless something comes up. Hopefully, my Excel skills aren't dead but we will soon find out.

This was not as bad as I thought it would be. I am attaching the Lido Creations list. Please feel free to add to it as you see fit.

Lido Creations

Hamburger, fries and add ½ choc ice cream and ½ choc milk for a shake.

Chilli cheese French fry burger

I go to the soft serve ice cream machine and put some ice cream in my Tervis tumbler. Then I get a carton of milk from the buffet and pour some in, take a spoon, and mix up my own milkshake

Make a nice salad and then got to the grill and add diced chicken

Get a slice of the carved roast beef from the buffet line and add it to the country roll, mayo, cheese with LTO from the deli

For breakfast sandwiches: A bagel or English muffin, an egg, some bacon or sausage and a slice or two of cheese.

From the outside grill, take some french fries, add some cheese, then go inside to the salad bar and add some bacon bits. You now have bacon and cheese fries.

Use the vanilla ice cream for flavored coffee creamer

Mix hot chocolate with coffee to make your own cafe "mocha

Hot chocolate/coffee/ soft serve drink

Hot cobbler on the desserts bar, I put soft serve on it.

On the Mongolian Wok get a packet of sugar and ask the cook if he could make sweet & sour sauce.

Take a bowl from the buffet and head over to guys topping bar... get the really nice shredded lettuce from there and now go to Blue Iguana. They will add lots of shrimp or chicken .. or both!!!!! then toss in some peppers, tomato, onion for a taco salad.

Get a bowl of vanilla soft serve and put pineapple salsa from the Tandoori on top.

Fill a Tervis Tumbler about halfway with chocolate ice cream. Add about 1/2 cup of coffee. Pour in a couple sugar packets. Fill with ice and shake. Awesome iced mocha drink.

Room service tip: order 1 BLT with extra bacon and 1 turkey sandwich with cheese, combine them and boom! Turkey club sandwiches. Makes a large sandwich so we split it and order some chips on the side.

Get a Caesar salad for lunch and then add some rotisserie chicken

Taco salad - use the shredded lettuce at Guys; grilled chicken, pico and salsa at BI and head to the salad bar for tomato, black olives and shredded cheese.

Have you made smoothies? Crush some fresh fruit then add yogurt, milk, and a smidge of ice cream.

If brown gravy is available either at Rotisserie or buffet, get a small bowl of shredded cheese at salad bar, plate of french fries. Top fries with gravy then top with cheese. So good.

Also from Room Service I get a Caesars salad and a shrimp salad sandwich (it comes open faced) and dump the shrimp salad into the Caesar. a lot less messy and very good.

For breakfast, two pieces toast, hard fried egg from omelet station and a visit to the bacon police. Take it back to cabin and enjoy breakfast sandwich on balcony

I mix the vanilla soft serve ice cream with the lemonade. Great refreshing treat while I'm chillin' on deck.

On one cruise I had a bottle of bon voyage Captain Morgans. I mixed it with pineapple juice, coconut milk, and vanilla ice cream. YUM!!

Sliced swiss and 1000 island to add to a hotdog and sauerkraut to make a Reuben dog.

Took a little push to get the guy at Guys burger joint to put chili on the fries but it worked and then I went to blue iguana and put cheese on top from the salsa bar . Let it set for a couple minutes and BAM ! Chili cheese fries carnival style

Get a bagel in the MDR with 3 sausage links and two eggs over medium. Wam bam you've got yourself an egg sammich

Create chicken club tacos as a Guy's/Blue Iguana crossover. Get chicken tacos from Blue Iguana and add pico and cheese. Then add bacon ranch and sautéed onions from Guy's topping bar

On The Ships That Do Not Have Guy Burgers, I Grab Bacon From Late Risers Breakfast And Slap On A Burger From The Grill With Cheese...Baboon Cheese Burger!

Get the quantro (sp) cheese pizza and add bacon from Guy's condiment bar

At the Grill, ask for a double cheeseburger, especially if they are just coming off the grill.

I love cheese, but they just don't put enough in the omelets - so I head to the salad bar area at breakfast, and put the slices of cheese over my finished omelet. It melts in about a minute, and presto chango, melty cheesy omelet! Combine with croissants and excessive bacon (Tip - just keep asking the bacon police for more or tell them how many pieces you wish - and yes, i do wish 12!), and you have a breakfast fit for a king!

At the Deli, you are only limited by your imagination - they will make you anything there, as long as they have the ingredients -- grilled cheese for the kids on the press, and anything on ciabatta for me, or a rueben subbing mayo for thousand island dressing

And for dessert, ice cream cookie sandwiches (the soft serve doesn't tend to be cold enough to make this work as much as it does in my mind, but it tastes good just the same). Take two chocolate chip cookies, add soft serve in between them, and there you go!

My own version of the big mac......Burger, thousand island, lettuce & cheese.

Make a cup of cocoa at the end of the night with a little vanilla ice cream on top...noneed to mix...it all comes together

Make Texas toast = Grab your choice of bread and add the sausage gravy on top. Simple and delicious

Maybe I'm weird, but when the omelet line is too long and I need to get off the ship for an excursion, I will get the scrambled eggs and add a container of cream cheese and add salsa and mix.

Ask for a fried egg cooked to order at the egg station and then make your own egg sandwich for breakfast.

This was not as bad as I thought it would be. I am attaching the Lido Creations list. Please feel free to add to it as you see fit.

Lido Creations

I go to the soft serve ice cream machine and put some ice cream in my Tervis tumbler. Then I get a carton of milk from the buffet and pour some in, take a spoon, and mix up my own milkshake

Get a slice of the carved roast beef from the buffet line and add it to the country roll, mayo, cheese with LTO from the deli

For breakfast sandwiches: A bagel or English muffin, an egg, some bacon or sausage and a slice or two of cheese.

From the outside grill, take some french fries, add some cheese, then go inside to the salad bar and add some bacon bits. You now have bacon and cheese fries.

On the Mongolian Wok get a packet of sugar and ask the cook if he could make sweet & sour sauce.

Take a bowl from the buffet and head over to guys topping bar... get the really nice shredded lettuce from there and now go to Blue Iguana. They will add lots of shrimp or chicken .. or both!!!!! then toss in some peppers, tomato, onion for a taco salad.

Get a bowl of vanilla soft serve and put pineapple salsa from the Tandoori on top.

Fill a Tervis Tumbler about halfway with chocolate ice cream. Add about 1/2 cup of coffee. Pour in a couple sugar packets. Fill with ice and shake. Awesome iced mocha drink.

Room service tip: order 1 BLT with extra bacon and 1 turkey sandwich with cheese, combine them and boom! Turkey club sandwiches. Makes a large sandwich so we split it and order some chips on the side.

Taco salad - use the shredded lettuce at Guys; grilled chicken, pico and salsa at BI and head to the salad bar for tomato, black olives and shredded cheese.

Have you made smoothies? Crush some fresh fruit then add yogurt, milk, and a smidge of ice cream.

If brown gravy is available either at Rotisserie or buffet, get a small bowl of shredded cheese at salad bar, plate of french fries. Top fries with gravy then top with cheese. So good.

Also from Room Service I get a Caesars salad and a shrimp salad sandwich (it comes open faced) and dump the shrimp salad into the Caesar. a lot less messy and very good.

For breakfast, two pieces toast, hard fried egg from omelet station and a visit to the bacon police. Take it back to cabin and enjoy breakfast sandwich on balcony

I mix the vanilla soft serve ice cream with the lemonade. Great refreshing treat while I'm chillin' on deck.

On one cruise I had a bottle of bon voyage Captain Morgans. I mixed it with pineapple juice, coconut milk, and vanilla ice cream. YUM!!

Sliced swiss and 1000 island to add to a hotdog and sauerkraut to make a Reuben dog.

Took a little push to get the guy at Guys burger joint to put chili on the fries but it worked and then I went to blue iguana and put cheese on top from the salsa bar . Let it set for a couple minutes and BAM ! Chili cheese fries carnival style

Get a bagel in the MDR with 3 sausage links and two eggs over medium. Wam bam you've got yourself an egg sammich

Create chicken club tacos as a Guy's/Blue Iguana crossover. Get chicken tacos from Blue Iguana and add pico and cheese. Then add bacon ranch and sautéed onions from Guy's topping bar

On The Ships That Do Not Have Guy Burgers, I Grab Bacon From Late Risers Breakfast And Slap On A Burger From The Grill With Cheese...Baboon Cheese Burger!

At the Grill, ask for a double cheeseburger, especially if they are just coming off the grill.

I love cheese, but they just don't put enough in the omelets - so I head to the salad bar area at breakfast, and put the slices of cheese over my finished omelet. It melts in about a minute, and presto chango, melty cheesy omelet! Combine with croissants and excessive bacon (Tip - just keep asking the bacon police for more or tell them how many pieces you wish - and yes, i do wish 12!), and you have a breakfast fit for a king!

At the Deli, you are only limited by your imagination - they will make you anything there, as long as they have the ingredients -- grilled cheese for the kids on the press, and anything on ciabatta for me, or a rueben subbing mayo for thousand island dressing

And for dessert, ice cream cookie sandwiches (the soft serve doesn't tend to be cold enough to make this work as much as it does in my mind, but it tastes good just the same). Take two chocolate chip cookies, add soft serve in between them, and there you go!

Make a cup of cocoa at the end of the night with a little vanilla ice cream on top...noneed to mix...it all comes together

Make Texas toast = Grab your choice of bread and add the sausage gravy on top. Simple and delicious

Maybe I'm weird, but when the omelet line is too long and I need to get off the ship for an excursion, I will get the scrambled eggs and add a container of cream cheese and add salsa and mix.

Ask for a fried egg cooked to order at the egg station and then make your own egg sandwich for breakfast.

So loving this list I printed it up & taking with me on my next cruise. Thanks :D

Lido Creations.....

<snip>

This is awesome! Thanks :D :) :D

Edited by happy cruzin

I like to take the fresh fruit salad and mix it in a bowl with yogurt,then throw granola on top.

I like my eggs sunny side up,so I get them at the Omlet station. They also have some really good salami choices at the Omlet station that I like in my omelet with fresh veggies and provolone cheese.

On Sunshine they had an ice cream shake bar,we always added a shot of liquor,like Kahlua,or Baileys,Yummy!

Can't wait to try some of these in November! Ice cream and hot chocolate in my coffee, taco salad. Yumm!! Keep them coming!! I did try the nachos and cheese fries on my last cruise, but the Fascination didn't have nearly as many selections and the Sunshine! So excited!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Between Going To The Grill And Salad Bar I Make Some Mean Nachos! I Have Been Asked Several Times EachCruise "Where Are those Nachos Found?" Yep, I Clue Them In.

For Sea Days On The Ships That Do Not Have Guy Burgers, I Grab Bacon From Late Risers Breakfast And Slap On A Burger From The Grill With Cheese...Baboon Cheese Burger!

Makeshift nachos are my "go to" lunch/snack too :) Gonna have to try the taco with bacon, reminds me of my favorite Rubio's gourmet taco :)

Im hungry now. Mine isn't really a concoction but its something I request. Boy do I get looks from the cooks but they do it anyway. When not in a mood for my eggs over easy, I ask for 3 eggs scrambled in that little skillet. They always tell me they have scrambled eggs and point to the nasty watery mess in the pan but I tell them NO I want fresh eggs. Then they do it. Ahhhh real scrambled eggs.

I mix the vanilla ice cream with the passion fruit juice and make a GREAT milkshake!

For those of us who love the Oreo cookie shakes: take your own cookies onboard, crumble a couple in the vanilla soft serve add a little milk and Bam - Oreo Cookie Shake. If you are health conscious add the frozen yogurt instead and get the same effect (almost). Any cookie will do if you just want a cookie shake.

Create chicken club tacos as a Guy's/Blue Iguana crossover. Get chicken tacos from Blue Iguana and add pico and cheese. Then add bacon ranch and sautéed onions from Guy's topping bar.

Sounds good. Fingers crossed that they decide to add 2.0 to Elation. in September dry dock. If not, then next ship definitely.

Lido Creations

Thanks so much! I've saved this list for future cruises!

Tonight I'm going to have nightmares about brown gravy on french fries.

Is nothing sacred?

Don't go to Quebec if that scares you - everyone eats poutine there. (Fries, gravy and cheese curds) It's catching on in the Northeast US. I personally think it's delicious.

On Splendor, at the Lido buffet cake table, they had 3 different dessert sauces: chocolate, caramel or strawberry.

First I would fill a bowl with the vanilla soft serve ice cream. Then choose one of the sauces and then crumble up the chocolate chip cookies on top. I could go for one of these sundaes now.

Anyone have any other suggestions to add to this ice cream sundae?:cool:

On Splendor, at the Lido buffet cake table, they had 3 different dessert sauces: chocolate, caramel or strawberry.

First I would fill a bowl with the vanilla soft serve ice cream. Then choose one of the sauces and then crumble up the chocolate chip cookies on top. I could go for one of these sundaes now.

Anyone have any other suggestions to add to this ice cream sundae?:cool:

Just whipped cream and a cherry on top if available. Sounds yummy.

Im loving this thread!!!

I plan to try the milkshake and also im thinking I may make my own version of the big mac......Burger, thousand island, lettuce

I also love to make a cup of cocoa at the end of the night with a little vanilla ice cream on top...noneed to mix...it all comes together...

You can also find some cheese and pickles to add to your bib mac.

Just whipped cream and a cherry on top if available. Sounds yummy.

I was thinking that too but I don't recall seeing any.

I did like someone else's idea of putting the pineapple salsa from the Tandori bar on the ice cream.

Edited by JohnSpo

Don't go to Quebec if that scares you - everyone eats poutine there. (Fries, gravy and cheese curds) It's catching on in the Northeast US. I personally think it's delicious.

I was just thinking "it sounds like poutine, too bad they don't have cheese curds on the ship". It's awesome but a bit of a "heart-attack-on-a-plate". :D

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I am so excited to find this thread! I was looking for the Mongolian Wok ideas since I do not like the sauces but I like the noodles and veggies. With this thread I found the answer to my search and so much more! Can not wait to try the ice cream + lemonade among other suggestions!