Your Lido Buffet "Creations"

I was wondering about the chips also. I've never seen any at Blue Iguana.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was wondering about the chips too. Let us know where you find them. I love nachos!!

I mix the vanilla soft serve ice cream with the lemonade. Great refreshing treat while I'm chillin' on deck.

Taco salad - use the shredded lettuce at guys; grilled chicken, pico and salsa at BI and head to the salad bar for tomato, black olives and shredded cheese.

I make ice cream cookie sandwiches. Grab 2 cookies, put ice cream on one and smoosh them together... YUM! One of the dining room waiters saw me doing it on my last cruise and he looked at me like I was crazy. I told him "Ice cream sandwich, delicious" and he grinned and said he'll have to try it someday. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to bump this thread up. Maybe there are more ideas floating around out there. I have copied many of these to a list that I will try out when I take my Sept cruise. Any NEW ideas out there???

Next cruise I'm going to order a bottle of Kahlua from Bon voyage and mix with ice cream and milk. Yum......

On one cruise I had a bottle of bon voyage Captain Morgans. I mixed it with pineapple juice, coconut milk, and vanilla ice cream. YUM!!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...
Bump. Come on people, I sail in less than a month, and looking forward to more "creation" suggestions! Lol!!

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Forums mobile app

OK folk, more ideas please. I got the milkshakes and wok ideas down pat. What else can we come up with???

Funny story with the milk shakes. Last summer a group of friends and I were paying for milk shakes at the cafe when we reliesed we could DIY it instead. And in the morning I add chocolate milk to my coffee :)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

Since so many of you are saying that you are creating a list. Would you be wiling to share them? I love doing spreadsheets and can always use a couple more. LOL

Share your hard work!

We all can benefit from it.

Thanks in advance.

Anybody combine items from different sections of the buffet to make an "off menu" item? At breakfast I like putting bacon and peanut butter on a bagel. My next cruise I'm going to see if they have sliced swiss and 1000 island to add to my hotdog and sauerkraut to make a Reuben dog. Anybody else have any "recipes?"

OMG I cant wait to try the bagel!!!

We are sailing the Miracle to Alaska next month. Does anyone know if the hot chocolate on the lido is already made, or if you mix it yourself?

Thanks!

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Forums mobile app

Comes out of a machine, nice and hot! Room Service comes in a packet with a carafe of hot water (two servings)

62A3E603-7A66-4F5C-9E63-9AEB6207FF5F_zpsn4khds3g.jpg

Made chili cheese fries on the Freedom a couple weeks ago... Took a little push to get the guy at Guys burger joint to put chili on the fries but it worked and then I went to blue iguana and put cheese on top from the salsa bar . Let it set for a couple minutes and BAM ! Chili cheese fries carnival style

someone once told me " you will get sick of cruising " I just smiled and said " Only when I'm dead " 😀

Edited by kmarie10531

I was wondering about the chips too. Let us know where you find them. I love nachos!!

I mix the vanilla soft serve ice cream with the lemonade. Great refreshing treat while I'm chillin' on deck.

Taco salad - use the shredded lettuce at guys; grilled chicken, pico and salsa at BI and head to the salad bar for tomato, black olives and shredded cheese.

FIRST--- I too am guilty, but how hilarious that so many of us forgot how to make a simple milkshake. I'm really excited to mix ice cream with lemonade!

On chilly evenings I love mixing a little ice cream with cocoa :) Funny I never thought anyone else would. Don't want to be too hot with cocoa but don't want to eat chilly ice cream.

Really glad to get all the thoughts on where the good ingredients are from different areas :)

We have been doing the milkshake and ice cream coffees for years too. Thought we were so clever.

I used to do it myself sandwich with with whatever chicken was available ( fried, Marisela etc...) and items from salad bar.

When fries or chips are available pretty much anything goes on them. Mexican style with taco meat, cheese sour cream , chili and cheese etc.

I put all kinds of fruit on ice cream. Strawberries, pineapple etc.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

If brown gravy is available either at Rotisserie or buffet, I get a small bowl of shredded cheese at salad bar, plate of french fries. Top fries with gravy then top with cheese. So good. Also for Room Service I get a Caesars salad and a shrimp salad sandwich (it comes open faced) and dump the shrimp salad into the Caesar. a lot less messy and very good. Breakfast, two pieces toast, hard fried egg from omelet station and a visit to the bacon police. Take it back to cabin and enjoy breakfast sandwich on balcony.

If brown gravy is available either at Rotisserie or buffet, I get a small bowl of shredded cheese at salad bar, plate of french fries. Top fries with gravy then top with cheese. So good. Also for Room Service I get a Caesars salad and a shrimp salad sandwich (it comes open faced) and dump the shrimp salad into the Caesar. a lot less messy and very good. Breakfast, two pieces toast, hard fried egg from omelet station and a visit to the bacon police. Take it back to cabin and enjoy breakfast sandwich on balcony.

DH LOVES gravy on his fries. He's done this several times. He's also ordered it in the MDR on a couple of occasions. I enjoy the shrimp salad VERY much!!!!

DH also does a breakfast bowl every morning. I'm not a breakfast person so I'm not sure what he has in the bowl except that it's got ketchup on top!

Since so many of you are saying that you are creating a list. Would you be wiling to share them? I love doing spreadsheets and can always use a couple more. LOL

Share your hard work!

Thanks in advance.

Ooohhhh...excellent idea!! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 3 weeks later...

Share your hard work!

Thanks in advance.

OK all. I am putting together a list of Lido combinations. Should have it together tomorrow - Monday 7/28 unless something comes up. Hopefully, my Excel skills aren't dead but we will soon find out.