Your Lido Buffet "Creations"

I make my own version of Grandy's BET (bacon/egg/tomato).

I get a croissant, a slice or two of tomato, a slice of cheese and have the omelette station fry an egg hard. I add my own packet of fat free miracle whip.....so yummy.

Seriously???

After just getting off Conquest this past Sunday, and now this beautiful thread appears!??!? :mad:

Leading up to my cruise... approximately 200 threads about tablecloths.

Now finally a thread something important and potentially life-changing, and I missed out. ;)

Seriously???

After just getting off Conquest this past Sunday, and now this beautiful thread appears!??!? :mad:

Leading up to my cruise... approximately 200 threads about tablecloths.

Now finally a thread something important and potentially life-changing, and I missed out. ;)

You now have a legitimate reason to book another cruise. :D

What an awesome idea!

I loved the teriyaki sauce - which of course has been discontinued. :( Not fond of spicy and black bean is just dull, IMHO.

So you just show up with the packets of sugar - hand them over with your bowl of veggies - and ask for "sweet and sour"???

Love this idea. Not too fond of sauces at MG.

How many packets of sugar? And what is the sour part? Something other than soy?

I will be compiling these suggestions and printing a list for my cruise... it's over a year away so I expect great things from all of you!

This breakfast bowl is most intriguing... I normally don't like any of the breakfast items aside from the hashbrowns (I'm weird about breakfast, I know). But mixed together with some added sauces? Yes, please!

There was a similar thread a while back, and I posted about the Guy's chipotle mayo... on fries... yum!

If I don't do breakfast in the MDR, I create a breakfast bowl at the buffet. Scrambled eggs (they are otherwise inedible), hash browns, crumbled sausage, grilled onions and peppers (from the sausage conconction), tomatoes, fresh pico, melted cheese, and salsa.

One of the best DIY breakfast items you can make onboard. I like to keep my food separate, but whoever came up with the bowl item originally hit a home run!!!

seriously???

After just getting off conquest this past sunday, and now this beautiful thread appears!??!? :mad:

Leading up to my cruise... Approximately 200 threads about tablecloths.

Now finally a thread something important and potentially life-changing, and i missed out. ;)

lol!

Take a bowl from the buffet and head over to guys topping bar...... get the really nice shredded lettuce from there and now go to Blue Iguana. They will add lots of shrimp or chicken .. or both!!!!! then toss in some peppers,tomato,onion,and finish with a couple of squirts of quacamole .... a low cal lunch that feels like cheating.... had one every chance I could get!!!

That sounds like a great idea!

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Forums mobile app

I don't like the powdered eggs from the buffet so I get two eggs over medium from the omelette station, then get a bagel or toast, the allotted two strips of bacon and then tomato and mayo and I make my own egg sandwich!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

This was weird but it actually worked for me- I got the Mongolian wok with all veggies, noodles etc and skipped the sauce (szewhan - ignore spelling please- was too hot, the others didn't appeal). I then got chicken fingers, cut them up and added them plus the honey mustard dipping sauce that comes with them into the Mongolian wok bowl after it was cooked.

Really strange and I don't know why I tried it the first time, but I ended up getting that 3 times in a 5 day cruise for lunch!

Sounds very weird, but strangely appetizing! I'll have to keep this in mind for my next cruise!

• 1 month later...
I will be compiling these suggestions and printing a list for my cruise... it's over a year away so I expect great things from all of you!

This breakfast bowl is most intriguing... I normally don't like any of the breakfast items aside from the hashbrowns (I'm weird about breakfast, I know). But mixed together with some added sauces? Yes, please!

There was a similar thread a while back, and I posted about the Guy's chipotle mayo... on fries... yum!

I love Guy's chipotle mayo! It's good on everything. :-)

I never thought about making my own milkshake, but I will try one in June! Those breakfast bowls sound yummy, too!

Last cruise we put ice cream in a cup and stirred in Sis's homemade Kahlua. She only brought an ounce onboard, last of the batch.

Half aBowl of grits, bacon crumbled, cheese omelette from omelette station, shred a croissant, add 1 pat of butter and black pepper, mix well, take back to cabin and eat on balcony

We call that our "redneck" omelet!

Anybody combine items from different sections of the buffet to make an "off menu" item? At breakfast I like putting bacon and peanut butter on a bagel. My next cruise I'm going to see if they have sliced swiss and 1000 island to add to my hotdog and sauerkraut to make a Reuben dog. Anybody else have any "recipes?"

its not on carnival, but I love your idea of the "REUBEN DOG"

also the bacon and PB on a bagel.

I think I would get a hamburger and put all sorts of unusual things on it.

depending on what I could find in the Buffet.