Healthy Cruising - no more puddings at lunch

English Tim

In conjunction with a new initiative in the UK promoting healthy eating, Azamara will no longer be serving desserts at lunchtime - effective 4-1-14

Those found sneaking a scoop of gelato at lunchtime will face two alternatives: walk the plank or forced mandatory attendance at the "Detox for health and weight loss seminar." :p

Those found sneaking a scoop of gelato at lunchtime will face two alternatives: walk the plank or forced mandatory attendance at the "Detox for health and weight loss seminar." :p

Complete with the very expensive take-home tablets! ;)

How foolish do they think we are????

Being a sophisticated cruiser, I can see right through this new policy as yet another shambles created by Azamara's hopeless marketing team.

And pretending that this is a "health driven" concern makes it even more laughable.

Clearly this is a revenue enhancement tool, and they will immediately introduce a "Premium Desserts Package" (at extra cost of course) to bolster their bottom line.

My keen perception prevents me from being taken in by such foolishness and I'm surprised that others have realized what is really going on here.

How foolish do they think we are????

Being a sophisticated cruiser, I can see right through this new policy as yet another shambles created by Azamara's hopeless marketing team.

And pretending that this is a "health driven" concern makes it even more laughable.

Clearly this is a revenue enhancement tool, and they will immediately introduce a "Premium Desserts Package" (at extra cost of course) to bolster their bottom line.

My keen perception prevents me from being taken in by such foolishness and I'm surprised that others have realized what is really going on here.

They think we are April Fools. Did you read the Fine Print? I was horrified to read that only those who upgraded to the Premium Desserts Package would be served dessert at lunchtime! Everyone else is handed a mandatory piece of fruit. Complimentary, of course.

They think we are April Fools. Did you read the Fine Print? I was horrified to read that only those who upgraded to the Premium Desserts Package would be served dessert at lunchtime! Everyone else is handed a mandatory piece of fruit. Complimentary, of course.

I share your sense of horror, and will raise it with a feeling of deep and righteous indignation. That "mandatory piece of fruit" is the last straw.

Does the fine print mention a "pealage" fee if we bring our own fruit on board?

Thankfully their low assessment of their customers' insight has been proven fundamentally wrong.

I share your sense of horror, and will raise it with a feeling of deep and righteous indignation. That "mandatory piece of fruit" is the last straw.

Does the fine print mention a "pealage" fee if we bring our own fruit on board?

Thankfully their low assessment of their customers' insight has been proven fundamentally wrong.

No fee if said fruit is consumed in one's own cabin. Otherwise there is a $25 corkage, ahem," pealage" fee if brought to the table, though this fee is waived if fruit is consumed during lunch and accompanied by Waiver Form signed off at Guest Relations. ;)

Latest news is that there is a new post as crew member. They will advertise this as Pudding Master and Azamara will be the first line to start this new policy. Each passenger will be judged individually. The lucky ones might get a pudding,- some will get a pudding for a mile (walk the track or no pudding) and some will just get the clear message:" No Pudding for you". Rumours are that they have many aplicants already.:)

Latest news is that there is a new post as crew member. They will advertise this as Pudding Master and Azamara will be the first line to start this new policy. Each passenger will be judged individually. The lucky ones might get a pudding,- some will get a pudding for a mile (walk the track or no pudding) and some will just get the clear message:" No Pudding for you". Rumours are that they have many aplicants already.:)

Yup. I'm hearing Azamara is holding interviews this week, for a "Chief Pudding Officer" :)

Happy April Fools Day everyone !

Edited by Host Andy

Some great and hilarious contributions to this thread. Well done guys.