Silhouette vs. Reflection

stickey_mouse

We loved the sunset bar on a Reflection and spent a lot of time there on our recent trip. Would you share what you preferred about it over the one on Silhouette? We are booked on her next spring and have heard it is laid out differently. Any insight appreciated. Thanks.

The Silhouette has less passengers. On the Reflection, the size of the sky lounge was cut in half to add additional private suites which occupy about 1/2 of the sky lounge.

They also have one more Alcove on the lawn- otherwise, I believe the ships are alike. Same venues.

Do people like Quasar? Is it a fun place to hang out at night?

Giving you an honest answer? I have never hung out there so I can't

tell you one way or the other how busy it gets or how slow it stays.

It is a nightclub with a bar and some of the chairs are hanging from

the ceiling....here is a photo.

4141764199_1a9fd89e53_b.jpg

That picture was on Equinox. I can't remember if Sihlouette had

the same hanging chairs or not. If you are standing in the doorway,

the bar is to the rightside and there was a DJ booth to the leftside.

Edited by Lois R

Do people like Quasar? Is it a fun place to hang out at night?

When we sailed on both Solstice and Silhouette we commented how Quasar was always deserted-even late in evening.

I know that X is trying to attract a younger passenger but I don't think the majority of our fellow passengers (at least on those particular sailings) were really into the techno dance music the DJ was pumping out in Quasar.

The 70's party in the Sky Lounge however, was standing room only and still going strong when we called it a night at 2.00am:D

When we sailed on both Solstice and Silhouette we commented how Quasar was always deserted-even late in evening.

I know that X is trying to attract a younger passenger but I don't think the majority of our fellow passengers (at least on those particular sailings) were really into the techno dance music the DJ was pumping out in Quasar.

The 70's party in the Sky Lounge however, was standing room only and still going strong when we called it a night at 2.00am:D

We also observed the same thing regarding Quasar- perhaps they should consider making it a venue more popular with the over 50 crowd!

Hi,

Have sailed on both & personally I prefer Silhouette over Reflection.

We preferred the layout of the Sunset bar on the Silhouette, also the Sky lounge is a lot smaller on the Reflection compared to the Silhouette. But both ships are beautiful & we would sail on either of them at tthe drop of a hat, no problem :D