Book early or wait for a deal?

Royal caribbean have released Sept 2015 today, this will be our first cruise. We are doing a three or a four day bahamas cruise from port canaveral.

I am just wondering if we should book now or hold out to see if they have any deals on? Do cruise prices tend to go up rather than down? Thanks. :D

If you have specific cabin needs/desires book now. Some of the more popular cabins go quick. Also, is you need to fly in, airfare is usually less booked further out. If you book now and the price goes down you can always get the price reduced as long as it is before final payment and not for new bookings.

If you aren't picky about a cabin, and do not need to fly in wait to see if a deal comes up. If not, be prepared to either pay a higher rate or not go.

So, there are pros and cons to each, you just need to decide which apply to you.

If you have specific cabin needs/desires book now. Some of the more popular cabins go quick. Also, is you need to fly in, airfare is usually less booked further out. If you book now and the price goes down you can always get the price reduced as long as it is before final payment and not for new bookings.

If you aren't picky about a cabin, and do not need to fly in wait to see if a deal comes up. If not, be prepared to either pay a higher rate or not go.

So, there are pros and cons to each, you just need to decide which apply to you.

OP is in the UK, so may not have the same ability to get price drops.

I agree with regards to booking now. First of all you will get a good price and if the price goes down before Final Payment you will be able to cancel and rebook under the new price. If the price goes down after Final Payment and the next category is lower than the one you booked in you can get upgraded to the next category for the same price as the original booking.

Also by booking early you get a better selection of staterooms. There are also Guaranteed Staterooms where Royal Caribbean chooses the stateroom for you and they can do so up until the day you arrive at the pier to checkin.

My Father and I booked our upcoming cruise this past August for April from Brazil-Barcelona and the prices went up. I did not see any price drops.

Good luck and I hope you will get a good cruise for your price point.