Questions and Comments about Chankanaab Park

DonnaD

roohound ~ thanks for the feedback ~ plans were to start visiting the beaches again this week to get more info and to make sure the beach charts have up to date info (tough job, but somebody's gotta do it) but had a bit of a set back with the effects of Ivan... we will be working on it though and welcome any feedback so we can get the info YOU are looking for on the chart

• 1 month later...

The entry fee was raised from $10 to $12 about a year ago. $6 for children under 8.

If you take the email confirmation with you, I'm sure they will stand by whatever it says - after all, they sent it to you, right?

• 2 months later...

I think it costs $12 to get in. We snorleled and it was very nice.

I have gone there twice but this time we are just going to Paradise Beach after a stop at that DZ Hu place (can't remember the name) for a little snorkeling.

There are steps leading down to the water and it is very rocky right there.

To get there you go left from the dolphin swim past the bar area.

Yes and loved it. $10-12 per taxi each way (fare will be posted at the taxi stands.......just confirm it on your way back to the ship) and about $12 to get into the park. This doesn't include snorkel gear rental, but we had our own anyway. The park has much more to offer than just snorkeling so you can make a day of it. We snorkeled/swam, took a nature walk through the replica ruins, played mini-golf (a couple of bucks extra) and relaxed on the sand (yes, there is sand, but there's a rocky shoreline.....and steps to enter the water).

Many say the price is high, but it is a nature preserve, everything is kept very clean (even the bathrooms), and there are no vendors on the beach. There is a restaurant and the waiter will come out to you to serve you, if you want, but will not pester you. There are also a few shops that turned out to have very good prices (for example, I saw a chess set for $12 that, at the pier, they wanted $30-----of course, you could bargain, but what I'm saying is that the shops at the park had good prices that didn't need bargaining to get---at least that was my experience when we were there).

PS...........there is a website for the park....search google (I don't have it handy). Have fun planning your day.

• 1 month later...

I was just wondering if Chankanaab park offered any kind of parasailing? My husband wants to parasail and I was thinking about doing the dolphin royal swim. We are in Cozumel from 10:30am to 6:00 pm. Or the other option I was thinking that if I did the Dolphin thing at 12:00pm (it lasts about an hour) and then we head up to Paradise Beach so my husband can parasail and I can relax! Would that be craming too much in 7 1/2 hours? Or is it doable? Would also like to sneek in some shopping too:D . If I were to book the dolphin swim for 12:00pm, I know you have to be there about 45 min in advance. If we dock at 10:30 am, do you think that it is enough time to get to the dolphin thing? Thanks;)

Sunnymom02

Conquest 4/2005

Sensation 2/2003

The 12 noon time is fine. The Conquest ship time will be the same as Cozumel local time. All you have to do is walk off the ship, get through the maze of shops to the taxi stand. From there it should be 10 minutes or less to the park.

You don't have to go to Paradise Beach (actually next door to Paradise Beach) for parasailing unless you want to. There are several operators on the island.

I posted a map of the Puerta Maya shopping area, I understand the stores have changed, but I know the maze is the same. The taxis are out the main entrance.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=108310

• 4 weeks later...

Spanish is easy actually. They pronounce almost every letter.

In this case: Chan (like Charlie Chan) Kan (like can) ab (short sound a, ah, so it sounds like "ob").

Incidentally, the taxi driver will know what you're talking about. Try to say it you can't buther it any more than I did for years anyway.

disneylynn,

We're planning to grab a taxi to Chankanaab in two weeks. Is it 2.50 per person that you paid? What does the ship quote the taxi rate at? How was the snorkeling?:confused: We are traveling with a 3 and 11 year old. The 11 year old will snorkel, and it looks like they have a great lagoon for little ones. Thanks for your help!:)

disneylynn,

One more lame off the topic question --- How do you get your prior cruises and the countdown clock for your next cruise to post at the end of your replies? Thanks, this is still new to me!

Archived