Questions and Comments about Chankanaab Park

DonnaD

Guest ofccat

I am thinking about booking package #4 from DD for my Carnival cruise in Dec. Are cabs waiting at the piers and if not how do we get one? Thanks for the input. I was going to book through carnival. but I could not find anything close to this.

The word from today is the rest of the park is scheduled to reopen August 1st. Fingers crossed.

I spoke to the folks at Dolphin Discovery today and they told me the park was still closed. Whether this is accurate I am not sure (they are in Cancun) but I would think that they know. I have a dolphin swim booked through them next week and they are operating. I wonder if I will have to pay the park admission fee if the park is closed except for Dolphin Discovery??

Can somebody give me an update on Chakanaab Park. We swam with the dolphins there last year and loved it. We wanted to go back this year and just enjoy the beach, etc...We are on the 9/9/05 Valor..My kids are 10 and 7..Would this be a good place for us as a family?? Thanks!

We are interested on going to Chakanaab in about 2 weeks. How's it looking after the hurricane? interested in any updated info.

How's the snorkling and beach area after the storm damage?

I had heard that the storm had wiped out alot of the vegatation. How do the gardens at the park look?

any recommendations?

Help! Can anyone tell me the difference between these two locations? :confused: I was planning on going to Chankanaab (saw so many great threads here) and was reading up on it (or what I thought was it!) in a Frommer's Guide: Caribbean Ports of Call (:D super book w/all sorts of great information!!!). I flipped a couple of pages and have realized there are 2 'Chankanaab' places. Both indicate that you can snorkel, swim w/dolphins, etc. Which place do I want to go????

Chankanaab Park re-opened August 1. We were on the Caribbean Princess last week and went there on Thursday. It was my favorite place ever for snorkeling and still is. The beach is in great shape. The restaurant is open. Lots of damage can be seen in the gardens behind the beach, but they are doing a great job of repairing it. The snorkeling was as great as the last time...as soon as you step in the water, there are fish all around you. Take a few steps and it is soon 15 feet deep. We must have seen more than 30 different kinds of beautiful fish and coral. Definitely worth going to this beautiful spot.

okiecruiser71,

there are three dive shacks at Chakanaab. We have used "el clavado"(the middle of the three) twice for scuba diving and once for snorkeling. Miguel Fuentes is a dive master at that shop and is a great guide!!! speaks great english and gives top notch service!!!

okiecruiser71,

there are three dive shacks at Chakanaab. We have used "el clavado"(the middle of the three) twice for scuba diving and once for snorkeling. Miguel Fuentes is a dive master at that shop and is a great guide!!! speaks great english and gives top notch service!!!

Can you reserve with him in advance? Does he have a website?

Thanks!

tions, simply walk up and ask for Miguel and show him your c-card (if you are certified)if not tell him you want to do the intro to scuba course. we loved diving chakanaab, there are lots of fish, but some of the coral is not in the best of health. there is also a small swim through, but it is now required to have a dive guide when diving at the National park there. will be glad to answer any more questions if you have any. as far as i know he does not have a web site.

We want to snorkel and swim with the dolphins. Would you go here for that? How far from the pier is it? Thanks for your help.

Hola again,

If you want to swim with the dolphins, then this is as good a place to do it as any. When you are done you can play minigolf, wander through the botanical garden and the replica mayan exhibit, rent snorkel gear and see the thousands of fish, lie on the beach and soak up some rays and then eat and drink until you pooch out. ( If you are not familiar with advanced Arkie, to pooch out means to extend you belly until it is obnoxious.) :D

The distance varies, depending on which pier your ship uses, but a $10 to $12 taxi ride is the norm. I would guess maybe a 10 to 15 minute trip. It is easy to spend a day at CP.

Hola again,

If you want to swim with the dolphins, then this is as good a place to do it as any. When you are done you can play minigolf, wander through the botanical garden and the replica mayan exhibit, rent snorkel gear and see the thousands of fish, lie on the beach and soak up some rays and then eat and drink until you pooch out. ( If you are not familiar with advanced Arkie, to pooch out means to extend you belly until it is obnoxious.) :D

The distance varies, depending on which pier your ship uses, but a $10 to $12 taxi ride is the norm. I would guess maybe a 10 to 15 minute trip. It is easy to spend a day at CP.

Thanks. I think this will be our stop in Cozumel.

We just booked Package 4 Dolphin Swim/Sea Lion Swim and Sea Lion Show throught the Cozumel Insider for our Nov. 6th cruise. We had no problem getting the times we wanted and are excited about the day. For the price Princess wanted for just the Dolphin swim we got the whole package.

I'm sure this will be an experience we will never forget.

Jacqueline @ Cozumel Insider was of great help and thrilled when I told her we booked because of all the great things said on CC.

We just booked Package 4 Dolphin Swim/Sea Lion Swim and Sea Lion Show throught the Cozumel Insider for our Nov. 6th cruise. We had no problem getting the times we wanted and are excited about the day. For the price Princess wanted for just the Dolphin swim we got the whole package.

I'm sure this will be an experience we will never forget.

Jacqueline @ Cozumel Insider was of great help and thrilled when I told her we booked because of all the great things said on CC.

Did you do it over the Internet or by phone?

Thanks!~

Archived