Shorts for Dinner

mabryhouse

We specifically booked on upcoming cruise on the Caribbean Princess because there was no formal night. It seems that you can find a cruise ship that fits personal cruise preferences.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I was on the Crown in 2011, 7 night cruise, and on one formal night there was a couple at our table (Anytinme Dining) who were not only both wearing shorts, but they were wrinked, worn with wrinked, dirty tops that would look out of place even grocery shopping. Both were wearing flip-flops on their feet.

I was on the Crown in 2011, 7 night cruise, and on one formal night there was a couple at our table (Anytinme Dining) who were not only both wearing shorts, but they were wrinked, worn with wrinked, dirty tops that would look out of place even grocery shopping. Both were wearing flip-flops on their feet.

Aha!

So it was you who was looking under the tables. :eek: :D

I agree wholeheartedly with those that said the dress code for the main dining rooms is clearly specified. Whether it is considered a suggestion or an iron clad rule does not matter. Casual on first night, formal (to include tux or coat and tie) on formal nights, and smart casual on other nights.

People who want to wear something different than the specified code have other venues on the ship to eat. They should avoid the main dining rooms if they don't want to abide by the code.

When we go to a nice restaurant at home, I wear docker style slacks and a nice sport shirt. If it is a fancy restaurant, I will wear a coat and tie.

On a Caribbean cruise I always take (or wear on the flight) docker style pants that I can wear on smart casual nights. I also take either my tux (which actually takes up less space that my suit) or a sport coat to wear on formal nights. I have my own tux for formal ballroom dances that our ballroom dance club sponsors, so I like to get use out of my purchase. I purchased my tux at a well known department store chain several years ago, so it was not overly expensive. Only problem is it now fits more tightly than it did when I first purchased it.

Edited by birdiebill