Waivers

MBprincess

On the newer ships like the BA and the GA how do you do the waivers for the kids club? For the ropes course? Thanks.

you fill out a form at the kid's club the day of boarding. You can do it when you go there to tour the facilities.

The ropes course and other things (like the climbing wall and rappelling on Epic) are done at the attraction.

S I'll need to go with the teenagers to the ropes course. Does the slide need one too?

Everyone has to sign a waiver for the ropes course but there was no waiver for the water slides, unless possibly it was included in the same waiver as the ropes course. I didn't read it too closely, to be honest.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

On BA and GA there are times to register the first couple days. You go with kid, swipe card through their terminal, slide adult card, sign e-waiver then they are good to go in future. If you don't pre-register, you just have to do it when you show up to do the ropes. Each time you do the ropes they slide your card.

For slides, no waiver needed. They do have a height chart and for the drop slide they have a scale way up at the top. For the slides they are very strict about the new jewelry.

As others have said, you sign the liability waiver forms on the sports deck near the ropes course. It's paperless now, so they swipe your card and make you sign a digital screen. On all the cruises I've taken, the staff always flips through the actual text of the waiver to the signing screen. Although this probably saves time, it makes having the waivers a completely pointless exercise.

On BA and GA there are times to register the first couple days. You go with kid, swipe card through their terminal, slide adult card, sign e-waiver then they are good to go in future. If you don't pre-register, you just have to do it when you show up to do the ropes. Each time you do the ropes they slide your card.

For slides, no waiver needed. They do have a height chart and for the drop slide they have a scale way up at the top. For the slides they are very strict about the new jewelry.

There's a scale!!!! Are they worried about earrings?

So " honey I took it off to do the drop slide and for got to put it back on?...." What's the scale for? Or dare I ask?

Apparently you did dare to ask ;) there's a 300 lbs. weight limit.

Do they weigh everyone? Does the weight show? Do they do it each time?

On a screen, no not one big enough for the whole ship to see. Just enough for ride supervisor to know you are within parameters.

For those with GoPro cameras they are allowed on other three slides but not the drop slides. Also allowed on the rope course as long as they are attached to you.

If you look like you're under 99 lbs. or above 300 lbs. I'm sure they'll weigh you, but if you look to be of a reasonable weight they won't bother. I didn't see them weigh anyone on my cruises, but it was also pretty obvious that the people using the slides or ropes course at the time were well within the limits.

So " honey I took it off to do the drop slide and for got to put it back on?...."

"What happens on NCL, stays on NCL":D

Seriously, I've seen what can happen when a plain wedding band gets caught on something, and your whole body weight hangs from it. Not pretty. I've been married to the same woman for 38 years, and she knows that I only wear my ring half of the time, as it gets removed as soon as I go to work on the ship. She's told me to always come home will all my body parts.