Panoramic lifts

Sybella

I want to take my Mum on a Princess cruise. She is very claustrophobic and will only use glass lifts.... are the lifts on Caribbean Princess glass all the way through the ship?

Also which types of cabins have a separate shower?

I want to take my Mum on a Princess cruise. She is very claustrophobic and will only use glass lifts.... are the lifts on Caribbean Princess glass all the way through the ship?

Also which types of cabins have a separate shower?

Yes, the panoramic lifts in the Atrium are glass ... 'course above deck 7, you'll be in a tube until you reach the Lido deck.

Inside, oceanview, balcony cabins have a shower. Mini-suites have a shower/tub combination, and full suites have a separate shower and tub.

Edited by RickEk

The two glass elevators are in the atrium area only. If you look at the deck plan they go from the lowest deck of the atrium up to Lido (pool) only - they do not go to the decks above Lido. As the other poster said they are open only in the atrium. Forward and aft elevators are much larger but are fully enclosed. All elevators can be packed at certain times - after muster, shows, disembarking. Folks in scooters can have problems getting on at these times.

The panoramic lifts are glass on decks 5, 6, 7 and the lido deck only. They only go from deck 5 to the lido deck. Between decks 7 and lido they are enclosed but there are light displays at each floor.

The panoramic lifts are glass on decks 5, 6, 7 and the lido deck only. They only go from deck 5 to the lido deck. Between decks 7 and lido they are enclosed but there are light displays at each floor.

Not all Princess ships are the same. There is a difference on the Coral Princess and Island Princess than other ships with atriums. The panoramic elevators have a view of the atrium between deck 5 and deck 8. They also do not go any higher than deck 8. Only the enclosed ones go to the lido on those Princess ships.

You did not say if Mom could do some stairs or not. Assuming one floor is possible, some of your problems could be dealt with by careful cabin choice. Place yourselves on the same floor as those things more important to you mom.

Hope this helps a bit.

M

The other elevators (not Panoramic) are lined with mirrors, so they don't feel so closed in. (This does not make me happy when returning from a long shore day, with sore feet, where I see frowning person with dirt on her face standing there wearing my clothes. :D)

The other elevators (not Panoramic) are lined with mirrors, so they don't feel so closed in. (This does not make me happy when returning from a long shore day, with sore feet, where I see frowning person with dirt on her face standing there wearing my clothes. :D)

But they make great three-way mirrors for checking the back of one's hairdo . . .

Thanks for the replies. Mum can't do stairs and needs to see out of the lift so sounds as if Princess ships are a no go for us.... I will keep looking...

Hi Sybella,

You may want to check out Celebrity. The Millennium class ships have Panoramic elevators mid-ship with a beautiful view to the ocean.

This is a link to a brief video:

This shows the glass of the elevator just beyond the bottom of the lifeboat:

Promenade Deck

The ships are a bit older, but we were quite pleased with them.

Hope you can find a cruise line that works for you and your Mum.

Thanks for the replies. Mum can't do stairs and needs to see out of the lift so sounds as if Princess ships are a no go for us.... I will keep looking...

Have you considered consulting a T/A with cruise experience. They would know what ships have glass elevators.

Tom:)

Just in case the OP is still monitoring this, here are a couple of elevator videos that I took on Celebrity Millennium and Allure of the Seas. Both of these ships, and those in their respective classes, will be the same...

Celebrity Millennium

This one starts on Deck 2, one deck below the first passenger deck and not a deck really used by passengers, but it was the lowest the elevator went...

Allure of the Seas

:D

Holland America Vista class have 4 midship elevators which have outside views from the

promenade to the Lido decks. Lower decks are enclosed, Main and Lower Promenade.

Edited by Itasca
correct spell checker stupidity