Just Back... Equinox 11-day Western Caribbean. VERY Detailed Review!

CaribbeanBound

Thank you so much for this review! Now I'm even more excited for my December 1st sailing.

Also, I loved the added camera review. I've been looking for one and you just made my decision a whole lot easier.

We're joining on that one. The review was helpful on the couple of ports we haven't visited. I'll be the guy next to the pool with a Coors Light:rolleyes:.

Super detailed review by the OP and makes us excited as we will be on the same itinerary on Equinox next March. Like the OP Columbia, Panama, and Costa Rica will be a first for us.

Shari & John

Would the beach club in Cozumel be able to accommodate a handicap person? A manual wheelchair with large rear tires easily goes thru sandy beaches. I can walk but not long distances so my DH pushes me in my throne or I can walk along side of it. I have emailed the resort but have not heard from them yet so I thought you might know or direct me to someone who would know.

Thanks for your wonderful review. I know how much time you put into it & it is appreciated.

Faith (quendryth)

We're also on this cruise in April :)

What I've read so far of your review is fab. I'm actually (cheekily!) Commenting so it saves it in my 'participated' bit on the app. Want to digest it all properly and not lose this review.

Thanks for taking the time to write it all.

Thank you for all the great information. Now some questions ;) You mentioned above bed storage, I was on the Solstice in May and didn't notice any extra storage. We were in an accessible concierge balcony, 3 women, major lack of storage.

I really want to go shopping in Belize and I understand my wheelchair may make the tender tricky, however if I can get ashore will I be able to get to Del Sol and the Bamboo shop?

Faith: You and I should trade stories. I'm on the Equinox on February 23rd. When are you going?

Heather

• 3 weeks later...

I think that an understatement. There's treatment for being such and cannot comprehend why one would travel worrying about things when we routinely touch door knobs, handrails and God knows everything.

I view it as my perpetual flu shot ;).

The review was a bit too lengthy for me so I'll figure it out on 12/1! :)

Edited by blindrid

• 2 weeks later...

Wow....outstanding review!! Thank you for taking the time. We are doing this same cruise in January so you gave us so much info. Can you just tell me what times the shows are each night so we can book our restaurants around the shows.

Thank you again...well done!:)

What a wonderful detailed review!!! We will be sailing the Equinox in March with this itinerary. Many helpful ideas. Much appreciated.

We have not been to Belize or Cartegna. Looking forward to visiting these ports.

Lucky enough to have an aft cabin on this cruise.

Thank you.

:D

I agree the cruise was a hit. Some of the excursions allowed you to see the destitute conditions of the indigenous people and the trash on the beaches. Costa Rica had friendly people, but not beautiful beaches on the Caribbean.

I did enjoy Nachi Cocom even in the rain.

• 2 weeks later...

We enjoy our wine, but surely aren't familar with anything other than our standard low/med priced bottles here in US.

Would appreciate some recommendations for us to try on upcoming cruise. I'm sticking with Classic Package and DH will upgrade to premium.

We usually purchase Shiraz, Malbec, Cabernet, pino grigio and chardonnays. Not into the sweet wines at all.

Thanks

Barbara

Thanks,just the info. I was looking for as I will be doing same cruise in Feb. Another note I might add is the need for insect repellant on Carr. cruises. Not only can you get some nasty flea bites but also some wierd and terrible diseases. Insect rep. is as important in the Carr. as bear rep. is in Alaska!!LOL